FEED THE DRAGONESS (v1.5) - Tower Defense Game

Seconding the clutter comment, those things block your view of everything above the unit.
Could probably be set to only show them on mouseover?

So uh… I was doing NG+ endless on stage 1 on 1.3 last night using an auto clicker… by the time I woke up it was at like 2400 or so. Needless to say it’s probably a good thing that snowbolds are nerfed in 1.4.

I’ll try a couple ideas to see what I can do, before the end of the Jam.

The final enemy reminds me of those Darkling bastards from Slay the Spire

I went gombo mode

1 Like

I mean everything aside from the autoplay was a joke cause i love TD games.

1 Like

Very Fun game and fitting for Greed topic of the game, its a good and fun Tower Defense Game that is just fun to play with and to spend time on. And of course similar to a few other games it has that Flash like feel that make it work to reply

My only navigate is that there not much Weight Gain but I can push that aside as doing so would be a challenge

Overall, Very Fun game and get for the topic ^^

1 Like

what the best way to earn money/weight in this i clicked the + icon and i now cant beat level 2.

New Game Plus is very grindy, so I’d be careful about accessing it. You’ll need to be patient and play through Level 1 to help grind things out - you should have the snowbold though, so it can be helpful once you make it into endless mode again. You make less cash in levels in New Game Plus, and the health you start with is halved.

Just updated the game to v1.5 - all it does is make the kobolds’ upgrades go transparent when your mouse is above them.

1 Like

The fear? slimes are so damn tough

1 Like

Really interesting project, I’ll give it a go and tell my thoughts later, I’m not really experienced with tower defenders as a genre outside of flash games during my childhood but hopefully that won’t get in the way much

1 Like

Genuinely a very fun game. The variety of towers(kobolds) were nice, and it felt balanced between food and slimes. The destruction of plates was kind of annoying, but once you figure out that completed plates don’t get destroyed it’s easy to set up for it. I hope you continue to working on this past the Game Jam and continue to refine it.

If you do, I would love for an overhaul of the upgrade system. The money/health quickly becomes negligible, and the “Weight Gain” option for the dragon(Azalea) is at such a high amount that you have to leave the game open for 90 minutes… and to what end, I think just the art?
With how the game is now, maybe make it consistent upgrades for starting money and health. 15 lbs = 5 more starting coins. 10 lbs = 10 more health. Because it’s consistent, the value will also consistently diminish at higher numbers.
What I would love is if getting the dragon to a higher weight would start your kobolds at Upgrade 1 instead of just the base. That way if you have to spend, say, 750 lbs to do so… then it might be worth holding onto the weight.

Anyhow, sorry for the text dump! I just found this game really fun to play, and I think there’s a ton of promise for future development with levels and so on! Look forward to seeing what you do with it!

1 Like

I have to ask: does the difficulty scale indefinitely in endless mode or am I just waiting for a failure that will never happen?

Thank you so much! Tbh, I added the weight gain for Azalea as a sorta “bragging rights” kind of thing - I wasn’t sure of a way to handle it as an actual upgrade without it being broken. And I was trying to make the health/gold increases scale in a way that made it so you couldn’t just buy a load of them really quickly and cheese the stages, since I only planned on making 3 for the Jam - I’ll probably readjust it if I continue with this later.

Endless Mode scales up to Round 50, after that it stops - I added the insta-death button (the Skull) so you can end it early but keep the pounds you earned.

alright, guess I don’t have to have this running in the background anymore :​P

1 Like

I presently have a really rather crazy endless mode running in the background lol. I must say this game is fantastic! Everything from the sprite work to the addictive gameplay. Excelent work… Though I must dock you some points as the really catchy bgm is going to be stuck in my head all night XD

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 50.0
Use of Theme: 50.0
Art: 6.5
Writing: 0.0
Music & Sound: 7.1
Mechanics: 7.1
Game Concept 6.2
Use of Fetish 6.05
Judge Preference: 5.5