Feeder Fantasy by Fallboy

@Stigma_ice
Yes, we do intend to do that, but not for the upcoming release. It’s in a huge laundry list of long-term changes we’d like to make.

@HerefortheGoodShit
Ehh, I dunno dude, I’d personally much prefer the little tangents he went on about girls’ physiques and soulful characterization to a mechanical 1-to-1 approximation of the native Japanese. There’re a lot of long stretches of slurping noises and samey expressions used by all the characters in Fallboy’s script.

Prefer whatever you like though, just don’t expect what you want anytime soon. We’re not running a professional enough operation to have, like, a bunch of forks going each containing multiple versions of a gigabyte-large game. We have a clear idea of what we personally want at least and just sort of whimsically go at it day by day.

6 Likes

Calling it ‘soulful’ is a bit much imo.
I do agree that the descriptions were good, it’s just in the parts where it was all about the female character where things got iffy.

1 Like

It’s a bit of a shame that this game is stuck in a cycle of everyone modding over each other’s work. Translation nuances aside, I don’t think any of the additional content that’s been added compares to what was in the original.

1 Like

I agree completely. It feels like the original game has been completely overshadowed.

I understand some people wanting to have the original unedited and translated. Unfortunately not as many people are into male weight gain and it was bound to always spawn mods because of this. To be fair what should of happened awhile ago was transitioning the mods into their own threads but with multiple versions out there from different creators it’s gotten a little messy over time. I personally loved the shura version and later fixes and adaptations but I also am not a fan of male weight gain. And I appreciated the dialogue being more descriptive and focused on weight gain and changes rather than the original being very focused on the act of eating.

@StygianSkies the translation is a lot of work I look forward to what you and @ShoeSnail do with 5.0.

2 Likes

I think it is really interesting how many mods have been built up on top of one another for this game, makes it feel like a strange hot potato community project.
I enjoy most of the changes that are made, almost all of them are optional side stuff which in my opinion, don’t detract from the original game. Some of the content that was added such as the goblin and the modded church have been some of my favorite content in the game. I really appreciate the sort of localization style translation rather than a direct Japanese to English translation because I think it gives the game more character.

From what I understand, the difference between Fallboy’s 4.0 version and 5.0 version is fairly small, mostly just new CGs. I’m excited to see new content from the mod team, even if it takes the game in a new direction.

6 Likes

translation.zip (200.3 KB)

Here ya go @ZeroWires @HerefortheGoodShit , machine translation of the original! It’s rough, but for those that want to have the original with no modifications other than the beginnings of a translation, it’ll be playable if you replace the data folder with this one.

@StygianSkies appreciate your work! Keep it up :slight_smile:

As for the mods vs original, for those that want to experience the original, then make your own translation! We shouldn’t be complaining about people that are working on their own versions of this project: they’re doing so for free, providing you with content at no cost to anyone other than themselves in the form of their own time and sanity. Any complaints made on the basis of “I don’t like your version, and you should make something else” don’t contribute anything, and are selfish.

Bonus, if you play the machine translation of the original, you get to witness things like this:

8 Likes

My post was a simple observation is all—and my issue is much less with the translation, which I do consider to be quite good. Stellar even, and definitely one of the highlights of the game’s currently translated version. I just can’t deny that I find it strange that the whole thing has become so entangled that the idea of an unmodded version is a headache and a half, however, and that there’s starting to be conflicts like the two different church quest lines.

In any case, it’s the prerogative of the people who are currently translating/editing the game to do whatever they’d like with it, I don’t particularly recall saying that they should be doing something else. I look forward to seeing what they come up with and how it stacks up.

2 Likes

IMO it’s not that odd really as essentially every translation is a mod to begin with.

When you see something like a square enix game being translated by a fan the fan realizes they’re likely not as good as the square enix dev team, yet even still, plenty of 90s fan translations make one or two minor changes to the tenor of the text that end up controversial and retconned in official decades later translations.

A fan translation of an amateur game though? It makes sense to try and fix anything that’s wrong in your eyes because you don’t really see yourself as any worse at it than the original author.

8 Likes

Liberties are always taken when translating, especially between languages that don’t share the same alphabet. Pun and wordplay don’t make any sense translated, a bunch of culture stuff has to be looked at and be either explained slightly or discarded, some things have no translation at all or the translation has different connotations changing how much something works in context.

Point being getting as close as possible in a translation while still trying to keep things like tone is tough job. If a translation comes out 70% accurate and is well written, then it is better than some professionals.

All that to say that I tend to enjoy both versions about the same amount. Great job to the translators.

3 Likes

hey guys what’s the newest version of the game that’s playable right now?

5.0 is the newest version the original Japanese version can be found on @fallboy3656622’s pixiv.

There is also a machine translation provided by @humblesasquatch.

Also of note a mod is being worked on that fully translates the game to English as well as continues/expands upon a mod that was made by @Kitsune. Which changed the main character to female, update their sprite in 4.0, and added a robust translation among many other changes.

5 Likes

Upcoming update, new npc.

3 Likes

Oh, huh, I guess he turned that minigame idea he was talking about a few months back into an expansion for this instead.

My impression is that for the most part, whatever he ends up releasing shouldn’t be terribly difficult to append to what we’re doing, but I guess we’ll see.

1 Like

I’m glad they’re still working on their game. This is a really great project.

1 Like

Hello Folks,

We are finally glad to present Feeder Fantasy, uh, 5.0 - 1.0? 5.0.0? 5.0.1? Whatever - link can be found here:

I very much suggest at least glimpsing through the included ReadMe: it contain extraction/locale instructions, a changelog, credits, and a somewhat comprehensive guide alike to the one made for Project F.A.T.

We put quite a bit of time into this over the last several weeks with the intent of focusing on QoL and then enhancing our favorite parts of the game, so I hope everyone that’s been a fan since the early days can find something new to enjoy, and I hope any new players can have a really pleasant first experience!

We can’t really even begin to estimate when (or if) the next major update on our end might come out, but we have a lot of ideas for expansion now that we have a few artists on-board, so I’m somewhat optimistic. One thing I’m quite sure we WILL end up adding at least is that new heroine Fallboy has been teasing on twitter whenever it comes out, so rest assured.

Anyways, thanks for all the support you guys have been giving to the large and constantly changing group of people that have worked on this over the last year and a half, and be sure to give Fallboy some love on his Pixiv if you like his project! We couldn’t have done any of this without him.

See you sometime in the future.

32 Likes

thank you for your hard work

What were the passwords for english again? I only know the Japanese ones.

Why did you delete most of the weight descriptions?

Because entropy is an unstoppable force slowly destroying us all.

6 Likes