Fill Me Up (Formally "Untitled renpy feedee game") "January" update now available on Patreon.

Yeah, like they never triggered but I have access to the events.

1 Like

Honestly a pretty shocking change to the game. I’ve just started playing, but the shift in artstyle has certainly altered things at a fundamental level. I’m usually a fan of this kind of stuff, but I’ll need to play more to really get a feel for this new style.

The artstyle change is definitely going to be controversial, though. Even though the implementation is pretty interesting and unique, I think there are going to be plenty of people who won’t be happy with the change. After all, the original 3D models are probably what alot of people liked most about the game. Despite that, if the change improves the ease of development a significant amount, then it’s probably still worthwhile.

It makes it easier in some, harder in others. I just hope people realise it probably isn’t final and things can change from here.

1 Like

Will it be possible to purchase the current version of the game not on patreon ?

Honestly it was mostly weird at first bc I was used to the other character graphics. I got used to it and now it’s just the inconsistency that bugs me. Like Chika has short hair sometimes and long hair other times.

i’ll agree the inconsistency can be an issue but is to be expected when using such a thing, but does make it a lot nicer looking and it’s clear Bob has tried to keep the art style very consistent throughout the update also i do like the new content yet to see if we can have fat Rin move in with us

I’ll see if I can’t fix up the worst examples in the next update. A lot of the issue I think I let it go a bit too buck wild on some images and was pretty conservative with others.

5 Likes

As a lone fan of clipping 3d models I’ll certainly miss some of the past jank, lol. But if AI makes it easier to develop the game, it’s understandable why you’d use them. And as far as I can see the models are still there, only enhanced by the AI. I haven’t played yet, but my only worry is how this’ll affect animations, as they can be very hit and miss with AI editing. I’ll edit this reply once I get there.

Edit: So it’s a mix between AI images and non-AI animations, I feel like that’s optimal. Though using just the models was great for keeping the sizes consistent, I guess some kind of trade-off had to be done.

Edit 2: Some thoughts on what works better and what works worse: (I elaborated the worse parts more which is why the section is longer, don’t get scared by it please lol)

Better: torn clothes, thin faces, boobs, asses, bellies at certain angles, skin dentation from tight clothes, individual scenes that aren’t a direct progression of the other, sweat (seriously, the AI is great with that one)

Hit or miss: fat faces (Sometimes they’re amazing, sometimes they don’t exist. Tough to get right)

Worse: arms (the AI often struggles with them, which causes artifacts and muscle-esque deformations), stretch marks (they were there when Akane first got them, but later I feel like they disappeared, again something AI struggles with), bellies at odd angles (same problem as arms), eating (it reminds me of the infamous Will Smith eating spaghetti videos at times), scenes that happen one after another (for example Akane waking up, sometimes her entire body seems to shift and her hair changes colour)

Not a comprehensive list by any means, but I feel like it’s important enough that it could shape the way in which future scenes look, in order to maximize the potential of your chosen method.

4 Likes

Bruh I love this update. Your use of 3D models was really creative and stood out from similar VNs and now you’re doing the same with AI art, keep up the great work!

1 Like

Just got done playing through the new update. Really liked it! Normally I am pretty on the fence with AI art as it is extremely hit or miss but parsing in the 3d models to generate the images(I’m assuming something of the sort is done) really helps make the AI art come out way above average and keeps the character’s identities in tact. As others have mentioned, once the consistencies between images gets smoothed out I think you are onto a very nice art style adaptation.

Also, really loved the Kaede path. Really hope we continue to get more of her. As a huge fan of BE, I always appreciate it in any game as it is always on short supply. New best girl for me.

3 Likes

I’ll definitely take this feedback into account. Thanks!

Just a heads up for anyone experience the repeated photoshoot bug. Make sure you visit the clothing store often early game. The first two photoshoot scenes don’t trigger without visiting the clothing store.

Lazy programming on my part. I’ll patch it up tommorw.

1 Like

Triple hands alert. This is the main thing you should watch out for with AI lol

2 Likes

Are you sure that’s not just me posing the model awkwardly, or am I just blind? I’m more worried about the googly eye now haha.

That’s what I get for spending several days going through image after image. My eyes became numb.

1 Like

I cut off the image on the bottom too much, but there’s definitely fingers there :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am humbled.

Now, they are gone.

7 Likes

So, I’m sure you’ve noticed game night is pretty barebones at the moment. Any ideas for a little adventure I could have them go on? Maybe a random set of missions each week. More transformation stuff?

I left the template pretty bare, but now I have something of a working combat loop available I’d like to expand on it.

4 Likes

Once you’ve seen, it is hard to unsee, lol.
As for some other things, there are some good tutorials on the /bbwai/ board on bbwchan. Doesn’t matter if you are experienced or not, its all laid out good. Also, /sdg/ in the gee clover board.

2 Likes

I actually frequent gee a lot. I don’t bring it up much, but I absolutely love computer hardware. This would have taken a thousand years to do if I wasn’t packing some sizable hardware.

2 Likes

Uh, maybe I am being too radical with my proposals, but what if it was possible to mod the renpy to have the ai chatbot features to have some randomness?
Especially, given the fact that ai chatbots have been a thing for a while.
Perhaps its too radical, in a way. Instead of something quite rigid, it would be really flexible.
Character cards + lorebook (worldbuilding, tracking, etc.) + UI (like SillyLossy Tavern or FrankenTavern, it does feature the chracter animations). I have seen someone already doing something like this on the japanese twitter, but the character simply had the OAI api plugged into them.
It still would be it, but I wonder how it can be worked around to feature the different scenario books. And of course OAI API isn’t free, so… Maybe the character cards only, for now.
The biggest issue, is that there is no game engine geared towards the development of AI-based games and all.

1 Like