Filling up my roomates - v0.02 out NOW

Quick note: there’s a few variable flags getting missed in the intro. It starts when when talking with Kalina, where we get referenced as “Player” regardless of name, and continues through talking with Sarah

Thank you for letting me know i would have missed that :slight_smile: .
just in time aswell gonna try to release the next update this weekend. (monday at the latest hopefully)

4 Likes

hey trix keep up the great progress

Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

currently uploading it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

and since people said that they don’t look at the top post here it is again :slight_smile:

Hey there v0.02 of Filling up my roomates is here
it took me longer than i expected but i think it turned out pretty well. i didn’t count the number of images this time but since the first version already had around 300 this probably is pushing towards 1000.
The writing this time around was largely done by @Erronwolf He wrote pretty much everything from Sarah and Kalina except the diner dates of Sarah which were written by @bobbington (he joined a bit later on)

with that being said whats new?

v0.02 includes:

• Reworked Sarah and Kalina up to stage 6
  • added storry events for Sarah and Kalina up to stage 6
  • 3 new locations
  • 3 new girls up to stage 3
  • a bunch of smaller random events

you can download it here: Filling up my roommates by derpentrix
and please consider supporting me and this project on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/derpentrix
i’ll be posting a bunch of polls and stuff that i made while working on the game that didnt make it.

The plan for the next update is to progress the story of kalina and sarah a bit introducing the next roommate and adding more things to do with the city girls

I realy hope you enjoy this update even though its still a bit rough around the edges at points.
And again if you find any bugs that i missed, have feedback or ideas of what you would like to see or want to help as a writer don’t be afraid to write a comment or DM me :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Very nice update. I think now you can call it a full-fledged game, before it felt a little too bare. I liked the dating rework and the new characters as well. Looking forward to more of it.

1 Like

Holy shit. If anybody gave a pass on this thing after playing 0.01, it’s like a whole different game now. I’m floored by the quality bump, the writing is so much better than before! Really nicely done

3 Likes

@livegoeson4 @tharsus Yeeeeeah if im being honest i kinda threw 0.01 together in about 3-4 days
to be fair 3-4 12+ hour days but a lot of that time was spent getting assets and learning to use VaM ^^
needless to say this update took a lot longer and i think it shows :slight_smile:
However i already noticed a couple of things that are off. mainly the lighting on the beach in some scenes (especially the beach intro) and some clothing clipping here and there but i’ll fix those in time.

8 Likes

Nice work! I love​ Kalina! She is so beautiful. But I want to see her more, not the end of story for now. Maybe​ add a small daily event?

Man i’m stupid, i somehow read linux but thought it says mac… anyway
mac version is available now as well :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The update has been great, night and day difference from version 0.1. Loving what content is here so far. However, there are a quite a few typos that I’m not sure I’ll have time to organize into something typed up but I will at least provide the screen shots that I take to document them when I’m done with my playthrough. Things like missing periods at the end of sentences and not capitalizing beginning of sentences being the most common. Some small bugs but nothing game breaking yet.

I’m just checking in, in the meantime to say I’m enjoying it. And I’ll give a proper thoughts and opinions on it after I’ve finished getting through it. You and team have done a great job from what I can see though.

6 Likes

Ditto what Krod said, really substantial improvement. You can really see a game has started forming here, and building out that kind of foundation is really important.

One thing I’d mention is that when you have content which may result in a Renpy error just make sure it routes you back to the choice selection screen of the game instead of just saying (no more content) before the error. Roaming around the house at max size results in the error.

4 Likes

sheash thats tuff for me too i have those problems sometimes

yeah i found some bugs trix want me send them to ya

Excited to play the new version. I was surprised that even in its previous version this game just had something that hit right with me, and I’m glad you are continuing it.
Keep up the good work, man. Count me as a fan.

2 Likes

Fantastic update, improved in almost every aspect! :partying_face: :partying_face: I gotta say, Gal is my favourite and I can’t wait to see how she develops :blush:

3 Likes

Fant-ass-tic update, sarah got the whole bakery, and kalina and the other girls are really close, team sarah baby. I gotta say this feels like a remake or should i say A
100% Remake, taking all the good stuff and you did it soo much better, plus adding other interesting things to do.
I guess we’re gonna see more about the game this year, and it’s getting better forward. Another thread to add to my list and keep an eye.
Good luck with anything you plan!

3 Likes

As others have said, 0.2 is way way way better than 0.1, it’s like you took all the positive potential from 0.1 and just worked with that; really enjoyed 0.2

All the characters are good. Currently Sarah is my favorite, but that might just be becuase we have the most “pro gaining” content with her. For the story progression I assume you were trying out two different systems with Kalina and Sarah? Both have ups and downs, but overall I think I prefered Sarah’s more; being able to make the choice felt good, even if I had to go to all 3 anyway.

Looking forward to the next update!

2 Likes

Kalina is hands down my favorite girl here. I really like her story line. But overall, I’m impressed with what you did with this update. Especially with the 3 new girls. Definitely gonna watch this game thread for now on.

1 Like