FoG - Fall of Gluttony

Hey folks,

I am currently working on a Twine furry/human game based around corruption from gluttony. There will be custom art assets done by me and programming done by me. If there is anyone that wants to help please message me.

Here is the plan for the story. The character that you create, walks home and finds a figurine of an immobile person. You take it home and during the night you’re visited by a demon of gluttony saying you’re cursed. Then whenever you overeat/ eat past being full you give more power to the demon which results in events and sometimes choices being removed where the demon urges you to eat more. Eventually, if you gain enough you become immobile which results in a game over.

You have the choice to side with the demon and actually push others to gluttony, indulge yourself, or find a way to break the curse.

Systems Planned

• Custom character creator
  • Sprites for each weight level
  • Sprites for each fullness level for each weight level (empty, filled, full, stuffed, glutted)
  • A town system where you can visit locations
  • An inventory system
  • Able to interact with NPCs and be able to corrupt them
  • A way to get money and such
  • Shops in town

Please let me know what you think or have any ideas for the game.

Here is a roadmap I planned out

• Create a custom character maker
  • Make the intro
  • Make the main gameplay loop aka eating, sleeping, exploring

• Implement some weight stages
  • Implement 5 stomach fullness stages
  • Implement over eating

• Implement Impulse due to gluttony
  • More events

• Implement characters you can talk too
  • Implement a work place

• Implement more characters
  • Implement a inventory

• Implement a store
  • Implement a town system

• Implement a time of day
  • Implement opening and closing for the store

• Implement timed events throughout the day
  • Implement some interaction based on weight

• Implement more stages of weight
  • Implement a energy level system

• Events on weight ie breaking chairs, couches, etc.
  • Implement sound?

• We will see when we get closer

Here are a couple of sketches. I will be redrawing them since I do not like the shape

Underweight stage with an empty stomach

Obese stage with a full stomach

Edit: I decided to move this to projects and post the banner to the game :slight_smile:

67 Likes

10 Likes

will we see this post under every new project?

1 Like

Probably, I see it all the time. lol

1 Like

There’s a possibility

1 Like

So here is a drawing of the gluttony Idol you will find in the intro. This was legit my first time drawing anything this big. Like I never drew blobs before. Anyways more updates will come eventually.

14 Likes

I moved to project tag since I am going through with development. It may take time since I am doing the art assets, writing, and programming myself. I do plan it to be more art-orientated since I like visual-based games more than text-based games.

2 Likes

If we’re being honest with ourselves, don’t games always take time to develop? Waiting for updates is basically all I’m going to do, haha.

1 Like

Yeah its true haha. Games take forever to make including having to make the game from the ground up.

1 Like

Sounds interesting - especially that it’ll be a male wg game - there are less of them than female wg games…

2 Likes

Seems like this could be fun.

1 Like

Update:

I am currently making the custom character creator. I am trying to make a dynamic creator so that when displaying characters you can choose custom heads, mouths, hair types, colors, etc.

Here is my test program for getting the custom color pallet working. I will have a primary color and a secondary color the player can choose.

ezgif-2-60b6310554

13 Likes

Nice! Though I would prefer RGB, this works too!

1 Like

The plan is to be able to pick your color with a rgb picker. But i currently having a bit of challenge getting that working.

3 Likes

Could the player maybe have a choice of still being able to move, even is they are the size of immobile?
Maybe that could be another way of breaking the curse?
Finding something, or someone, that will aid in defeating or maybe even using the demon to the player’s advantage?

Also maybe the idea of ‘indulge yourself’ could be that the player enjoys both getting fatter, making others fatter and being fed by others?

2 Likes

So to be considered immobile you need to get past 1k lbs. Which is basically just allowing yourself to eat that much and not progressing in a way to break the curse. There will be multiple ways to break the curse, resulting in some differences in the ending. Okay I want to describe the other endings without giving it away but the plan is that yes you could tempt the demon or even make others fatter :wink:

4 Likes

Hope to see this game have jiggle physics, big moobs, and nice sloshing sounds~ Keep up the nice work Solaris~

3 Likes

daaaamn! for your first time this is really good! im really excited to see how this project progresses!

3 Likes

Okay so I got the color pick tool to work mostly. The color is never going to be exact, unfortunately. I took a couple of days to find a way to get this to work and to be honest, I think is going to be the best I can get.
ezgif-3-9b311b53b8

12 Likes

I can see 3 different colors?

1 Like