Food in WG games

Interesting!

I was also pleasantly surprised with the baking section in ‘Some Bullshit’ actually employing a little cooking know-how into the scene (making a double boiler for chocolate sauce).

For those interested in a little freelance “food consultancy” there’s a surprisingly active cooking discussion section in the Weight Gaming Discord server :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never thought of counting how many foodstuffs there are in my game :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually have to play around with how food is portrayed in my game, because the lack of normal beasts most animal product outside of dairy and eggs aren’t available, the people in the game will eat more imitation/vegan type foods.

haven’t done too much yet but here are a few examples:

As for why food is usually just the usual junk in most WG games, I think it its to feed into the fetish a bit, junk food is associated with usually unwanted weight gain and being more calorie dense so the characters eating more of it might be attractive to some. And from a realism standpoint its very hard to gain weight off of meat and vege plates unless you really push limits, while carb/sugar based foods are often the easy to consume calorie bombs.

this reminds me of a thought I have had before related to food in furry stuff. where do they get there meat from? is it a soylent green type thing going on or is the meat from some animal we just don’t see

Birds, fish and bugs tend to be on the chopping block usually.

Probably the same places we get our meat from. We may think some sources for meat are gross, but in other places, that’s the norm.

Guinea pigs are eaten in South America, dogs are eaten in China (though that is admittedly a rather contentious issue within China itself), and I remember hearing about a third of world consumes some types of insects.

It would seem a little strange if a Minotaur ate beef, but continuing the above comparison, monkeys and apes are often eaten in a number of countries as well, so the sources of meat in a furry world are probably the exact same way.

1 Like

In the case of sumo wrestling-related games, there is the possibility of chanko and other protein-enriched foods that cause weight gain.

1 Like