Forks: A Weight Gain Visual Novel (Cancelled, all assets posted for everyone)

Character’s looking amazing, can’t wait for a new demo - know it’s probably gonna be a while so no rush but having a game this professional looking for our niche is so exciting. Thanks for working on it.

5 Likes

Just played through the demo of this… Wow! Can’t wait to see more.

3 Likes

I like the new Rea. I always thought her old stage 1 was a bit chunky for someone so outwardly concerned with fitness.

Getting her chunky is our job

Appreciating the interaction so far, hope all goes well!

3 Likes

Update call! Somebody ask for a Grace?

We’ve had some production hiccups and should hopefully get back to normal next week. It can be hard enough coordinating for all three of our schedules, how do the big remote indie teams do it :thinking: ? We need office spaceeee~

1. We figured we had too much down hair in the previous lineup, so Grace got a new ponytail!
  2. She’s been very on-again, off-again with glasses. Looks like she’s still in contacts, we’ll see if it stays that way :laughing:
  3. To help keep each gain distinct, her proportions were rejiggered into something that’s pretty clear… Or is it? She’s got six new progression steps that say “Maybe!”
  4. After three of these, you can see how much better the faces blend into the rest of the body’s shading. Something we wanted to fix from the last lineup was how the faces sorta’ all looked like masks, and a few of you even called us out on it!

Music’s coming along slow and steady, may end up with another three tracks on top of the two already new ones.

Just to let you know I’m doing my part too, here’s another snippet of rough draft:

I’ve currently finished drafts of two of the 11 new scenes, and started the third last Friday. From the scene above, we go to another 3-way split. Same amount of narrative, but three times as long to type :sweat_smile:

Two more to go! After that… I’m not really sure what I’ll do for updates :confounded:

22 Likes

Wow! I’ll admit the new design has me SUPER hyped! You all are awesome! :grin:

Ha Ha its all coming together

played through the available demo, love it! definitely want to see Alex gain more and can’t wait to see the new changes! when can we expect a new demo to play?

This new design… Awesome…

If I knew that, we’d probably be done already :laughing: The previous demo took about 8 months make, with some burnout as we ramped up towards the end. Though we had to take a lot of life breaks too, often a week or two at a time. I can’t speak for FoxFire, but whenever I set to writing, my process is:

1. Find and and consider an idea.

Eight hours later, a scene starts to come together! Repeat as necessary :grin:

When we restarted work on Forks, we wanted to have the new demo out by the end of the year. Now, if all goes smoothly, I think I can have it written by then. Maybe! I’ll keep this thread updated, but it’d take an early Christmas miracle to have it 100% done by then.

7 Likes

Well I dont care how long this takes, this game looks absolutely fantastic!!! i cant wait to see this game in it’s full release, no matter how long it takes, 6 months? 3 years? im ok either way, just keep up the amazing work, and I hope all goes to plan

6 Likes

Fine by me if you guys take your time. I’ll be rooting for you guys!

3 Likes

strongly dislike the new Alex hair and the flatter colouring and the new face shape and just everything

4 Likes

Loving all the recent updates, everything is looking very sleek and wonderful with FoxFire’s new artstyle! My only complaint is Alex’s hair, it doesn’t look great. I feel stupid because I’m not sure exactly what it is about the hair I don’t like, it just doesn’t feel right and feels like a downgrade from her previous hair. Otherwise tho, everything is looking great! Also Grace’s new design is faaan-fukn-tastic!!

3 Likes

I completely love the new Grace. Interesting move to swap her to a brunette, considering her persona. I feel like Rea matches much better with the violet over the faded blue. The new figures also seem more… Flexible? I guess? More susceptible to growth in various places. The previous ones were too, but were more clear as to what the art wanted the character to gain in.

As far as the recent reviews about Alex, however, I have to concur. The hair doesn’t hold as well as the previous one, maybe because of the thin ends? The new one is either too thin or there’s too much skin showing on the face. Alex’s new figure is better than previous, albeit she seems less cautious, less caring. Although this is me not knowing the rest of the poses y’all are planning, so forgive my assumption if that’s the case!

Of course, this is just my opinion, and it is your project that you are generously allowing us to play and demo for free. Thanks so much for the continued updates and responses!

3 Likes

Time for Update Girl the 4th! It’s… Morgan? Morgan, everybody!

Morgan’s changed a lot since her first iteration, and she doesn’t stop! We tried to pay close attention to the big criticisms with her earlier design: hidey hands, poor shading, and looking like like an arcade animatronic. We hope New Morgan addresses those! She was a model, and hopefully still carries a little bit of that swagger. Few other notes:

1. As you can probably tell, we didn’t use eye color to good effect the first time around. Give New Morgan a reason to be angry, and those things could pierce ya’!
  2. Her old “uniform” really wasn’t much of one. Barstucks may not be doing well, but they can at least give her the company standard.
  3. She isn’t shown here in her underwear because Tier 1 Morgan doesn’t actually have an underwear outfit. We repurposed it for a later scene~. Also, not like you ever saw her in anything else!
  4. She does indeed have a casual outfit, and her role will expand beyond being the local barista.
  5. Clown combat boots. Seen rarely, but not just anyone can wear them. You gotta’ be somebody to pull off clown combat boots.

From my end, I’ve finished the third new scene! If all goes well, I’ll start the fourth (of eleven) tomorrow:

Also, thank you @Hyperthicc, @Spillz, and @AmyHuntr, that’s feedback we need to hear! I’m happy you guys have stuck around long enough to really see these changes, and hopefully we can do something about it! Believe it or not, that was actually the best hair we had from a set :laughing:. FoxFire wasn’t confident in drawing that kind of hair until recently, so we may’ve both gone overboard with it. I even called it “delta wing” hair!

The idea behind it was to have it act as a frame for her face as it got larger. So when it’s this size:
Alexface

It still works fairly well without significant changes. However, if it’s not working, we can revisit it sometime before release. Is the hair in front of her ears all right, and it’s just the thin layer behind them that’s off?

19 Likes

Hmm, if criticism is allowed, then I would like to point out that Morgan’s new face seems less distinct from the other girls, and seems less expressive and detailed then the previous version.

3 Likes

I am probably in the minority that likes the new hair; the earlier one looks a bit like a piece of plastic moulded on a doll imho. Having more visible strands allows for more expression; when her head moves around, the hair should as well.

It feels like all the characters gained about 5 kilos during the artsyle transition. Thighs… thighs everywhere…

2 Likes

Agreed, personally, I didn’t see anything wrong with the old design in that respect at all. Hair, eyes, face were all already fantastic. I get the uniform change - that makes sense but that was literally all that needed changing for Morgan in my opinion (apart from the art style to match the new versions of the others, obviously).

6 Likes

I must concur with much of the above. All the new character designs seem very hip-py, if you catch my meaning. They already look like they’re packing on a few, when most of that is supposed to be the result of the PC’s decisions.

It tends to make them look a little too similar, as well, although if it’s merely to make their later gaining pattern stand out more, that’s certainly forgivable.

I’m still excited by the progress being made, and can’t wait to see more!

5 Likes

Hi! i actually made this account just to reply to this topic.

first off, Forks is the best. Played the first demo, loved it, very excited with everything i am seeing so far towards the second one.

Alex’s hair: overall i like it more than the old hair. The main part around her face i think is great, but the flared out bit at the bottom seems either a little too flared out or a little too thin to me.

Morgan: I like almost everything with the new design, especially the change in eye colour. The only thing i miss is the old hair colour, i really loved the auburn colour, but i am sure i will get used to it being black.

More than anything i just want to express how excited i am for this project.

3 Likes