Gain Factory, weight gain factory builder!

Structures rotate automatically in the direction you’re facing as you place them, but not all structures can be rotated. You can also hold shift to lock in the rotation of a structure. The funnel needs to be placed so that it’s touching the mining rig to extract items. Make sure that the mining rig is sticking out over the edge of the ore vein hitbox so that the funnel can be placed right next to it. You can hold space while placing to line up structures. This also lines up the mining rig over the ore vein so that the hitbox is sticking out on all sides.
I hope this helps!

1 Like

oh so i dont want to completly cover the ore with the extractor i need to leave space open to put a funnel on the ore attatched to a conveyer belt but also touching the extractor and this is not hitbox to hitbox

The mining rig should cover the ore on the side that the funnel is gonna be on so that the funnel can be hitbox to hitbox with the mining rig

Anyone know a good way to automate large biscuits?

1 Like

Actually, to add on to PlgDctrs’ post, I wonder if we could make some sort of guide on various efficient blueprints for automated factory setups. There could be screenshots and a brief description on how to set it up. It would definitely come in handy since I sometimes still struggle with thinking up the best system.

1 Like

As Prism7 suggested, I think it could be good to have a post with guides on different setups that can be used, so here is that. I will update this post with more setups if needed. The example at the very bottom answers the question that PlgDctrs asks.

Auto chocolate mining

The output from the mining rig goes into the chest and back into the mining rig through the funnels. The mining rig fills up before the chest and is always fueled as long as the output funnel to the rig is placed before other outputs (the objects are updated in creation order).

Auto crop farm

The output from the harvester goes into the chest and then back into the pot. The pot is always supplied with crops and will keep producing more as long as the output funnel to the pot is placed before other outputs (the objects are updated in creation order).

Simple auto fueled furnace

When an item is outputted from the furnace, it moves on the conveyor belt and is detected by the top logic gate. It opens and releases a fuel item. The fuel takes a longer path to the furnace to make sure that the previous fuel has fully burned up before refueling the furnace. This prevents the furnace from overfilling with fuel. Right before the fuel enters the furnace, it is detected by the lower logic gate and the recipe items are released. The cycle continues as long as there are fuel and recipe items. The waste bin is there to prevent the output line from filling up, as this would jam the system.

Recipes with multiple input items work in the same way, but with more input lines all hooked up to the same spot that the fuel item moves past. See “multiple input crafter” example below.

2_1

Recipes with multiple output items can be done by splitting up the output items into a lane with a waste bin that will never fill up, and a second lane without a waste bin that is meant to fill up. When the bottom lane is full, the splitter won’t be able to place any new items on that lane, and won’t place another item on the top lane. This ensures that only one fuel item is released per two output items, and that no fuel is released when the chest is full.

Multiple input crafter

Each lane that goes into the crafter is blocked by a logic gate. All the logic gates take input from the same point on the output belt. The output belt will never overflow because of the waste bin. When an output item is detected on the output belt, all the gates open up at once releasing items. If the input belt speed is the same as the output belt speed, exactly one item will have time to pass the logic gate before it closes. The bread lane in the example is at double speed, and releases 2 items per one output item.

For info on how to deal with multiple output items, see the “simple auto fueled furnace” example above.

Auto furnace for when fuel is also ingredient

Both gates detect the inspector panel to the right, and both gates are inverted. The inspector panel measures the fuel level in the furnace to the right, and when the fuel level is 0, both gates open, allowing exactly one item into each furnace before the furnace to the right is refueled and the gate closes after detecting it. To make the setup more reliable, place the furnaces first, then the panels, then the gates, as objects update based on creation order. When placing the gates, make sure to line up the top of the yellow barrier with the bottom of the funnel as shown on the picture. This is to ensure that the items are picked up by the funnel exactly when the gates open and they start moving. The furnace to the left should be fueled to the top. Any items inputted afterwards won’t be consumed as fuel, and can be used as recipe items.

10 Likes

Firstly, I know that this game will still receive updates.

I’m curious as to what these updates’ size will be. Will future updates be small tweaks (such as changing the nutrition value of certain foods) or will they be larger (optimization/new foods/new machines)? Again as I’ve mentioned before, this game is already a 5/5 and I am looking forward to future updates.

3 Likes

Holy fuck I get the jokes about factorio and the like being made for aspies now. As soon as the mechanics clicked, i was just 100% processing the game. Literally my brain just shut off all the feelings of sickness that come with a nasty Covid case and went into full puzzle solving. Obviously I adore the soft gals aspect but genuinely like was kind of an amazing experience.

6 Likes

Thank you, I’m happy to hear it made your covid better!

So the next update (unless I find something properly game breaking that needs an immediate fix) will be adding content in addition to optimizations and quality of life stuff.

1 Like

I have a few questions for the creator im sure everyone wants answered, as they all relate to potential futures of this masterpiece of a game. My first one is will there be more godesses to feed and more universes to visit given that godess 2 is lactating into an abyss? Secondly will there be an availability to gain the goddesses powers once you are max fed such as extra growth and alot more lactating abilities, and my final question is do u plan to have the ability to cusomize every cowgirl that you interact with to make a uniformed group of workers? These are just a few to name but im sure you have more to tell. :+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I don’t want to say too much in case I end up changing stuff, but as for goddesses, the plan is to make one more. I am not currently planning on making more worlds to play in, and no goddess abilities, though there will be extra growth for players and cowgirls. I just finished making sprites for 3 more levels on each body part, which took a while (I think it’s like 24 sprites per level per body part or something).

I am not sure if I want to add cowgirl customization because I like the idea that you’re dealt a set of cowgirls and that’s how they are gonna look for the playthrough. On the other hand, I have been thinking about making an option when summoning a cowgirl, where you can summon the cowgirl from a file. So you can edit the cowgirl file and customize them that way. There could then be another option where you can export a cowgirl to a file when you have enough friendship, that way you can “transfer” cowgirls between worlds. Maybe even an option in the main menu where you can load a cowgirl file and edit it, but I haven’t decided on anything yet.

When it comes to other stuff, I don’t want to reveal too much in case I change my mind on it, but there will definitely be more foods added, and a new crop which will be the spooky pumpkin!

I hope this answers the question.

5 Likes

My god, I think I’ve played this game a bit too much.

So far, I managed to automatize burgers, fries and milkshake production.

1 Like

Hello! I’ve been playing the game for a while now, and as of recently I’ve started to have an issue I never had before. I tried different savegames to make sure it wasn’t a one savefile error type of deal. From time to time, my engineer’s weight gain level goes from 0 to -1, massively increasing the grind I have to do to actually earn more points. Am I the only one having this problem?

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know. You would not be the only one with that problem. I have heard about this from several people but I couldn’t figure out what the issue was. It is useful to know that it goes from 0 to -1 though. I’ll have to investigate further, but the issue is on my radar.

1 Like

Found this really cool secret where if you finish the second goddess, a secret third goddess unlocks. The only problem is that this goddess doesn’t gain any weight and is just a PNG of Peter Griffin from Family Guy. Help! (joke)

14 Likes

hehehehheheheh, This reminds me of the time I put myself in a fetish game for the mechanically inclined

3 Likes

How Do I pick structures back up after placing them?

Space + Left Click
After that you can pick it up.

Guys the Peter Griffin goddess took over my game please help

6 Likes