Gain Jam 2022: Community Wildcard Poll Now CLOSED!

When viewing votes, the results are shown in order from most votes to least, with the winner at the top.

2 Likes

Right, and checking it again, the one that is winning is the option at the top so at least Iā€™m not completely insane.

Hopefully with two weeks on the clock that should be ample enough time for early voters to re-evaluate their vote if they so choose and somewhat mitigate any snap biases.

I have noticed that even on youtube, the top vote tends to get the most votes if its not something that is specific. So no your not insane or we are both insane.

1 Like

I think one possible way of fixing any potential bias is to randomize the order of the poll for each user, but I donā€™t know if that is actually possible.
In the mean time for anyone who may be reading this: you have the option to return to the poll, show the voting options again and pick something else. This means you can change your mind at any time, at least until voting is over.

That would be a clean fix, another reason I think the minions option is on top vote wise is because it seems like the smallest out of all the cards based on how they are worded.

I feel like the votes make sense overall. As of writing this Minions and Character Possession are in the top two positions, and from a fetish game perspective that makes sense as these games are likely to be more character driven as thatā€™s where the fetish content ultimately resides. The other three options donā€™t really have any obvious correlation with characters or NPCs. And based off the last jam people really donā€™t seem to like a mechanically restrictive parameter and that reflects the fact that Three-Minute Time Limit is very much in last place.

4 Likes

Itā€™s minions time, sound great and easy :smiley:

Only a few moments left to vote on your favourite!

1 Like

And on the strike of midnight, the poll is now CLOSED! We now have a Community Wildcard chosen in the form of Minions! For those who take up the challenge, have fun devising ways to fit underlings into your game! Many thanks to all who participated in the poll.

Two weeks remain before the Gain Jam commences~ā€¦

Character possession was getting pretty close near the end there, but it was not enough to squeeze past to first. Maybe if more people decided to recast their vote it could have won, who knows.