Gain of Life: A weight gain life simulator [v0.44.0] - New Free Version!

This month’s version has nothing to do with the “Alpha” and “Beta” ideas. The Bronze version is a test of how it would perform, in case of switching to such a release circle.

To clarify the releases:

Silver: newest
Gold: newest + Android version

So yes, Silver is sufficient to play the newest version of the game. v0.39 for Silver: Patreon Subscribestar

EDIT: The second link is to the Silver post. This might be confusing, because I sorted the links in the post for the first time by tier starting with Gold (for Android), continuing with Silver (classic), and Bronze (for the experiment).

3 Likes

Just uploaded a bug fix to Patreon and Subscribestar.

1 Like

Just uploaded another fix to Patreon and Subscribestar. I will keep uploading bug fixes on a daily basis if new bugs are found.

1 Like

Are you going to release a new free version after the current free version?

2 Likes

There will surely be free versions again. Though, not this month. I prefer to skip some versions each time I release a new free version.

2 Likes

It’s the beginning of the month again, which means subscribing today to Patreon or Subscribestar will give the biggest benefit.

1 Like

There’ll be a new version by next weekend :smiley:

I had to skip last month’s version due to medical conditions, but I’ll be back this month. I posted a detailed statement last month on Patreon.

7 Likes

so level silver on patreon does not get you latest android version?

1 Like

While Silver does give you access to the newest versions for Desktop (Linux/Windows/Mac), the Android version remains a goodie for those, who choose to support the game extraordinarily with the Gold tier.

The following is not part of the answer to your question anymore, but some general info for everyone:

Starting this month I simplified the process of releasing for Desktop platforms: Behind the scenes, I started using Git to manage all the source files of Gain of Life. I set up a pipeline, which packages the game and automatically uploads it to Mega.

Previously, I did this manually, which took me up to 6 hours, depending on how fast my upload speed is. The pipeline can do it in under 10 minutes now. However, I was unable to automize the Android release, which I will have to keep releasing manually (I will keep trying to automize it as well).

What does this mean? Android releases will stay the same as they used to be. Desktop releases for Windows/Linux/Mac will be much quicker, and thus, will receive bug fix updates much faster and more frequently.

3 Likes

New Version (v0.40.0)

I just published v0.40.0 to Patreon and Subscribestar.

What’s new?

• Reworked several dialogs at the F.O.O.D. club
  • Added some hints to how your chances are in winning the official election
  • Party representative/official position: Establish new club-internal policies
  • Some more conversations with Max

Unluckily, I updated Daz Studio and now it won’t render pictures anymore. Thus, there is no updated weight stage yet. If I get it to work, I will add the new weight stages with a bug-fix version.

Download

Download v0.40.0 (PC/Windows/Linux/Mac) - Subscribestar
Download v0.40.0 (Android) - Subscribestar
Download v0.40.0 (PC/Windows/Linux/Mac) - Patreon
Download v0.40.0 (Android) - Patreon

PS: At Subscribestar I pay fewer fees. Pricing is the same, to keep it fair, if someone is unable to use one method.

Free Version (link to the first post)

6 Likes

I still have the old v0.33 when I did a one month sub back in November of last year, it feels more incredible that the free version went from 0.22 to 0.25 only

2 Likes

It really just seems like the project here is just an advertisment for patreon (which is 100% fine, its their time). Over the past 2 months, only 2 posts were given on here that didn’t come from SirMister and both posts were asking about the free version / what you get for paying. I’ve bought 2 or so updates for it and the game itself isn’t bad, but its not $8 a month good. Given enough time and some systems added, I would definitly donate again.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m doing, last time I had subscribed was because i had been hospitalized and not having a powerful connection meant no online games, so I opted for trying an offline light one such as this one. I had only my phone so I had to pay up 10 euro for that apk. I got a subscription the other day for BE Witches currently in development but I paid just 12 euro for an entire year with the promise of getting the full version for free after paying 5$ in subscription and the demo versions are already great honestly.

2 Likes

I‘m sorry to hear that Patreon‘s prices don‘t align with your expectations.

BE Witches, for example, has 1000+ Patrons, which allows them to offer lower prices. Even though their prices are much lower, they likely receive a budget that’s multiple times of what I can raise through Patreon. Reducing Patreon prices to the level of BE Witches is just not possible for Gain of Life.

If it works for you by subscribing from time to time to upgrade to the newest version, that’s absolutely fine with me. In fact, I appreciate that you could find a way to contribute to the game’s development that works for you.

If you think that the game is missing out on certain features, or you have an idea that could improve the game, feel free to share it. If these ideas fit to the game, considering the manageable community size, chances are that I will be able to add them to the game :wink:

6 Likes

That’s fully reasonable. You clearly put effort into your games and you are well within your right to charge whatever you want. A ton of creators on this site do so. I’m just pointing out to people that instead of this being the main way in which you communicate to your audience, you instead get most of your feedback from patreon without releasing free versions. It seems this forum is a secondary and just serves to generate awareness for your game/pateron. Keep up the good work, I support your right to not give out free updates.

1 Like

Might not be the best comparison seeing how BE Witches has only released one actual game update in the past 3 years though :stuck_out_tongue: I get your point though, I have been subbed to both in the past but it’s not like you’ll get frequent updates.

1 Like

I was on holiday during the first week of January, and now my schedule is unexpectedly crowded. Thus, I will need up to 14 more days to complete the January version.

5 Likes

New version (v0.41)

I just published v0.41.0 to Patreon and Subscribestar.

What’s new?

• New character: Poppy, the FOOD club president’s secretary
  • Added functionality to affect FOOD club members with the new policies. Poppy has received five weight stages.
  • Added a cafeteria to the FOOD club with quite a few interactions with Poppy
  • New weight stage for the main character

Download

Download v0.41.0 (PC/Windows/Linux/Mac) - Subscribestar
Download v0.41.0 (Android) - Subscribestar
Download v0.41.0 (PC/Windows/Linux/Mac) - Patreon
Download v0.41.0 (Android) - Patreon

PS: At Subscribestar I pay fewer fees. Pricing is the same, to keep it fair, if someone is unable to use one method.

Free Version (link to the first post)

8 Likes

Me: Finally subcribes for 1 month to see the current version
Also me: Sees the next payment day the first day of the next month… Unsubscribes after downloading 0.41 so as to not to pay the subcribtion twice with less than a week

I hope i don’t need a hotfix for any reason…:smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I’m sorry about the late release, @maldy. Usually, I try to release earlier each month. Considering the circumstances, if you decide not to continue your subscription in February and there is a bug-fix version, just let me know about it, so I can send you download links for the bug fix. It’d be only fair.

Naturally, the Patreon subscriptions are thought to be kept. Thus, payments would be monthly. The 1st-of-the-month cycle does come with some problems. I try to remind people to subscribe at the beginning of each month, so that the double-payment issue can be avoided.

2 Likes