Gain of Life: A weight gain life simulator [v0.44.0] - New Free Version!

Is there a guide/tutorial on what steps to take to go on a certain path?

1 Like

There is a small Wiki on Discord - though, this covers by far not everything

1 Like

Is there a free version above v0.25.0 that is downloadable on mac?

1 Like

The free versions are at v0.25 and are only upgraded every few months.

However, there will be a new version for subscribers tomorrow. It will be the first month that a new version is not offered solely through Patreon, but also through Subscribestar and itch.io. So if Patreon was the problem for you, you will be able to choose a different platform.

4 Likes

What do u mean by subscribers? and will it cost anything?

1 Like

You need to subscribe to their patreon to get the latest version. Yes you just need to pay the minimum amount they want to download the latest version each month

You can just subscribe for just a month and get the latest version and them unsubscribe in case there is no update in the next month

1 Like

New Update [v0.37]

This month, I added functionality for the FOOD Club president’s position. Now, you can manage the club’s budget while you are president. That way, you can influence your popularity and grow the club.

The party will elect its representative each month by default. Whether you decide to be a candidate for that position will depend on your popularity and whether you are elected as the representative.

As the representative, you can be a candidate to become the town’s mayor. As a party president, you can use the party’s budget for different purposes.

This update is quite complex because it needed extensive testing and playing with numbers to make the numbers work out. Also, you will be able to enter the FOOD club over Trevor, not just after graduating college (this will make introducing policies at college more interesting because if you still attend college by when you introduce the policies, you will see them on your own; even though it is pretty unrealistic to become a town’s mayor while in college).

What’s new?

• Added the FOOD club president’s office with a management UI of the party’s budget
  • Start advertisement campaigns to increase club members amount (will affect mayor elections (= they are your fans) and your party’s budget (membership cost)
  • Start trust campaigns to reinforce the trust in the party
  • Start propaganda campaigns to ensure your popularity within the party (will be relevant for representative elections)
  • Introduction story with Max (if reached through normal gameplay; the cheat at the beginning skips this)

Also, I created a Subscribestar page offering the same benefits as Patreon (at the same price from my side). However, you might find that Subscribestar is cheaper due to lower fees/handling.

I planned on creating an itch.io page, but this will have to wait until next month’s version because I could not activate my account.

Downloads

PC/Windows/Linux: Patreon Subscribestar
Mac: Patreon Subscribestar
Android: Patreon Subscribestar

Let me know, if there is anything you miss at the Subscribestar page.

Final words

I’d appreciate feedback on the balancing of the numbers.

8 Likes

I was looking through the files in v0.25.0 and i saw an image for the bunny. I was wondering how did you find or meet the bunny in this version?

1 Like

Well, the bunny images originate from the easter event. It can be activated by setting the easterEvent variable in script.rpy to “true”.

By default it is deactivated (since it is not easter).

2 Likes

Once I activate it how do I then meet the bunny?

1 Like

You can meet it in the park :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the bunny tip

1 Like

Today’s the first of the month, which means if you subscribe today you will receive the next version as soon as it releases.

You can subscribe here:

Patreon
Subscribestar

1 Like

From v0.34 to the current version (v0.37), hasn’t there been more stages of weight gain for the main character?

1 Like

No, there have not, I am afraid. I put all my focus and effort into expanding the game’s depth. When there is a new weight stage, I have it on my list of “what changed” in each release post here on weightgaming :thumbsup:

1 Like

v0.38.0 will be released on Patreon and Subscribestar for all Silver- and higher tiers this Friday.

I keep repeating the information about Patreon and the tiers in case someone is new and does not want to read the 1200+ previous posts in this thread.

1 Like

New version: Representative elections [v0.38]

This version adds further depth to the politician’s path.

What’s new?

• After reaching a president’s position within the FOOD club, you unlock the option to attend representative elections
  • Elections are shown in your calendar and take place every 30 days - At the president’s office, you get a detailed forecast of when the next election will take place
  • Based on your popularity, you will (or will not) be elected to represent the party at elections
  • A little bit of story with Max

Download

v0.38 PC / Windows / Linux: | Patreon | Subscribestar |
v0.38 Mac: | Patreon | Subscribestar |
v0.38 Android: | Patreon | Subscribestar |

9 Likes

I have to ask as I’m new to this game, what are the way to increase the Main character stomach compacity? I feed her to max for hour and no increase, in other game it possible git feedback from the game stats or there is a noticeable change when feeding them.

2 Likes

The easiest way to expand your stomach’s capacity is to visit Trevor’s party until you unlock Benjamin Greenford’s manor.

If you bought a phone at the gadget store in town, you can phone Jane and ask her, if she can get you an invitation each week (requires you to be good with Jane).

At the manor, your stomach capacity magically enhances.

Most naturally, you can try to keep your stomach as full as possible, as this will increase its capacity too.

2 Likes

Today’s the first of the month again. Small reminder that if you subscribe today to either Patreon or Subscribestar, you will receive the biggest benefit (since all memberships from October end with the 31st), and access to October’s version as soon as it releases.

1 Like