Gain of Life: A weight gain life simulator [v0.44.0] - New Free Version!

Two more questions, can you make other girls gain weight (name of available girl that can gain) & what is the upper limit the character’s can gain to if you don’t mind sharing (the main girl as well)?

1 Like

The last weight stage sprite the main character can reach currently is 180.0 kg.

Yes, most of the other characters that you can meet inside the game can gain weight.

The other characters do not follow a classic weight system, so that’s harder to tell. However, you can find all sprites in /game/images/Sprites/ and based that you can determine how many stages there are yourself.

2 Likes

Thought that popped into my head the other day, you have all these characters where you’re building romance or friendship with them, why not have them drop by MC’s house randomly (or have them call them to set up a time with MC) to share food? Intentional or unintentional stuffing depending on the character and relationship.

2 Likes

Work Update

Just to keep you guys updated: This month’s update will include a new event for Jane. This new event will make Jane’s story consistent again, also resolving the issue that caused the last event being a piece of “dead code”, basically that cannot be reached in any way because not enough points could be collected to do so.

The story extension includes about 7000 words (50.000+ characters). I’m done with writing, but I still need to add according visualization of Sprites/Backgrounds and doing a few tests to make sure that the story is consistent. I hope to be done by Friday, so I can release with the start of the weekend.

Bronze release on Subscribestar

Furthermore, I plan to release v0.37 (August’s version) to the Bronze tier on Subscribestar (not on Patreon, though) together with v0.39 to the Silver tier. I will test the Bronze-release once, this month, so please do not expect v0.38 to be released in November to Bronze.

So this month is a bit different:
Bronze: v0.37 (Subscribestar only)
Silver: v0.39 (as usual)
Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Antimatter: v0.39 Android (as usual)

8 Likes

any new WG stage for MC or not?

2 Likes

Yes, there will be. If I do not have enough time, I will add one later with a “bug-fix” update.

EDIT: They‘re rendering right now, so they‘ll be done for v0.39 release :smiley:

3 Likes

Are you ever going to update the older/lower weight sprites for the MC? I remember you mentioned something about that a while back.

1 Like

Yes, there are some experimental plans. The idea is to automatically generate and then render image sprites. With that approach, completely overworking all the sprites would not be an issue. The challenge is in delivering images of proper quality.

Since I do not know for sure, whether it will work (or how much work it is to make it work properly), it’s a project happening in parallel to the update circle each month.

Current progress is about 50%: I finished the script that gives nodeJS the ability to control basic Daz studio operations. The node program is not finished yet, lacking the skill to automatically generate new sprite configurations and managing finished renders.

Configuring the node program and especially balancing the values (to make proper renders) will take the longest.

I’ll keep you updated.

4 Likes

New Release [v0.39]

The following things changed/were added:

• New event for Jane (before the last event): Go out for drinks with Jane; go to the movies with her to celebrate completing the semester. It adds almost 7,000 words of text, equaling over 50,000 characters added.
    • This new event should enable you to earn enough relationship points to trigger event 6.
  • Minor issue resolved: Navigating choices in menu screens using arrow keys does not skip choices anymore and works the way you would expect it to
  • New weight stage for the main character (new max: 188.0 kg / 414.5 lbs)

New bronze benefits

This month, you can get v0.37, on Subscribestar as a Bronze member.

Downloads

v0.39 Android: Patreon Subscribestar (Gold)
v0.39 PC / Windows / Linux / Mac: Patreon Subscribestar (Silver)

v0.37 PC / Windows / Linux / Mac: Subscribestar (Bronze)

4 Likes

Charging for an outdated version of your game? Wow…

9 Likes

Well, it is an experiment I wanted to try for quite some time. I’m thinking of creating “Alpha” and “Beta” versions, which - from a player perspective - would work similarly. A release circle as such might make bug fixing more consistent. Also, by that, it might be a way to lower the entrance price to the game.

I’m surprised that this immediately led to criticism.

2 Likes

I think instead of charging for an outdated version you should keep the top tier getting first release, that being a beta then release the polished version to bronze later, like a week or 2 later after fixes not 2 versions down

3 Likes

Also you’re tiers are confusing, saying on silver you get all versions of the game when released but to get the latest version on release is gold?

2 Likes

This month’s version has nothing to do with the “Alpha” and “Beta” ideas. The Bronze version is a test of how it would perform, in case of switching to such a release circle.

To clarify the releases:

Silver: newest
Gold: newest + Android version

So yes, Silver is sufficient to play the newest version of the game. v0.39 for Silver: Patreon Subscribestar

EDIT: The second link is to the Silver post. This might be confusing, because I sorted the links in the post for the first time by tier starting with Gold (for Android), continuing with Silver (classic), and Bronze (for the experiment).

3 Likes

Just uploaded a bug fix to Patreon and Subscribestar.

1 Like

Just uploaded another fix to Patreon and Subscribestar. I will keep uploading bug fixes on a daily basis if new bugs are found.

1 Like

Are you going to release a new free version after the current free version?

2 Likes

There will surely be free versions again. Though, not this month. I prefer to skip some versions each time I release a new free version.

2 Likes

It’s the beginning of the month again, which means subscribing today to Patreon or Subscribestar will give the biggest benefit.

1 Like

There’ll be a new version by next weekend :smiley:

I had to skip last month’s version due to medical conditions, but I’ll be back this month. I posted a detailed statement last month on Patreon.

7 Likes