Gain of Life: A weight gain life simulator [v0.44.0] - New Free Version!

Hi @SirMister, I think this game is awesome as I’ve played it multiple for many hours already and broke into every little choice and “quest” it offers. I loved it (fattening Jane has been top notch for me), and the thought of not having much to do till next update really bothers me (this is how much I liked it).
As of now I have:

*Gained over 400kg with main character
*Fattened Jane to maximum
*Fattened Jessica to maximum
*Fattened Samantha to maximum (I guess)
*Fattened the girl with the pink hair from the Waitress job to maximum
*Fattened the girl from Health+ to maximum (I guess)
*Bought the Fast Food
*Found all 20 eggs
*Unlocked Benjamin’s library
*Played the kidnap game
*Maxed out Jane relationship

I have a few suggestions tho regarding some quality of life improvements:

*Objectives tracking - I found myself wasting a lot of time feeding more and more the same character without being able to figure out if she was gaining or not. Also, I had no idea of what else I could do with her (if she had another quest, so to speak). Some kind of quest journal (or even something shared separately from the game to track all the possible interaction and quest would be very useful.

*Possibility to buy weight gain pills and weight gain shake at the store to use them basically where you want (Fast food, Waitress Job, on Jane snacks, or even on the main character herself would be cool - even if kind of game-breaking)

*Possibility to have more interaction with Jane (at least) or to replay some previous encounter with her (I adore her character and the chance to have more intimate moments with her MUST happen, for God’s sake)

*Possibility to choose character’s clothing (she’s made to wear something more revealing, instead of relegating that tummy to loose sweaters and stuff)

*Possibility to work at the Fast Food even if I bought it

*Possibility to track University Projects and interact more specifically with people there - replaying university everyday just in the hope of finding the punk-rock girl or the gaining athlete is a bit time consuming, considering all the time I’ve already put into the game

*Possibility to manage your subscriptions (Bus, Health Insurance, Debt, Gym Membership, and Order Food - since there’s already a Mega Eat app in the lore) directly from your phone.

I have tons of other suggestions, but these are what I feel would be cool to be seen in future updates.
Keep up the great work

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.

• I understand your point with the weight gain pills, though they actually have a different use case in my plans. They won’t be used for your friends directly. I still have a politician carreer on my to do list, which ends with more power a politician should be having…
  • For Jane there is more to come! Mostly depends on how I feel like on what to create.
  • There is more interaction to come for Jane.
  • Choosing characters clothing is a tricky thing, because it’ll drastically increase the images required for the game. Will keep that in mind though. I am thinking of recreating all character stages and generating some things automatically to decrease work for new clothing.
  • Noted working at the fast food restaurant after purchasing it on my to do list
  • College will receive a major rework in many points.
  • Will think about that app. Would also make the phone more useful.

You were talking about more suggestions, feel free to share them. That way you drastically increase the chance of having these things added to the game. I usually take suggestions very serious.

Most importantly though: Thanks for playing the game, I’m glad you like it :smiley:

1 Like

is this a patron only download? I’m poor as shit but i really don’t wanna miss out on the update :weary:

I’m very glad you like the game, @fantaslurpee. There are download links in the first post of this thread for a free version of some months ago.

You should know that this game’s e.g. graphics are rendered out of 3d assets with the finest quality out there. Accordingly, these 3d assets are quite expensive. Patrons help me finance these 3d assets. This month’s version with the easter features won’t be available next month (because easter is over and it wouldn’t make any sense to search for easter eggs the whole year long) → download links will expire on 30th of April.

I’d be glad, if you’d consider subscribing to my Patreon, because this helps me finance and develop this game. Patrons also get access to the newest versions with the latest features, after all they are those, who make this game possible. I wouldn’t have been able to spend this much private money on Gain of Life, just because I enjoy working on it. That’s why my Patrons get my highest appreciation.

1 Like

Sorry, i should’ve made my question clearer. I was wondering if the easter update will be free to download, seeing as its not going to be available for long, and seeing as I’m a broke collage student, I’m unable to pledge money to the patreon, and wanted to know if that meant the update will be out of reach

I’m very sorry to say, but the earliest to access the features of this easter version again after April 30th will be next year’s easter. Though, I might be planning a new easter event in a year - I don’t make plans for so far in the future yet.

Like previously, not every version gets available for free. I always skip multiple versions when updating the free one. The easter version will not be free to download.

I know that times can be hard financially, but for this version it wouldn’t make sense to randomly make an easter version available during the year. Giving you access to the version for free, would be unfair to all those, who eagerly support the game month by month on Patreon.

A pledge is $12 to download the easter version, which is about 2 Starbucks coffees. Just that the coffees only take Starbucks a minute or so to prepare. And the ressources required to create coffees are way cheaper than the ones required to create Gain of Life…

1 Like

I really need help finding those last 2 eggs. Are they in another store besides the gadget store? Cause I feel like I’ve scoped the park and town out all day

Eggs are hidden at:

• Several areas of the park (visit the ice cream stand, go for a walk, go running, go to the flowers, play a bit around with the options).
  • At the local town (after playing the intro week, you will be able to find eggs hidden at the “going to town” scene, where you can select where to go (e.g. “Go Shopping”, “Job agency”, “Real estates”, etc.)
  • At the gadget store

Also, visit these locations at different times of the day. As I do not know, which eggs you have already found, I am not able to tell you, which are missing. Sorry for that… publishing a whole list of where to find every single egg, would destroy the whole “searching”.

The download links for the easter version will be valid three more days (until April 30th). After that they are going to expire. Next month’s version won’t be having the features of last month’s easter version (because easter is over).

Make sure to subscribe to Patreon before the download links expire :wink:

1 Like

It’s all good, I get it. I just thought when you said not at the store, it meant all stores… my bad ice cream stand was the ticket…

Today’s the last day for the easter version (then the download link expires). If you don’t get it today, it’ll be gone for at least a year … or forever. Depends a lot on how we decide to proceed regarding easter next year.

Also, I think we will do some seasonal versions in future, because of all the awesome feedback I have received on this version. That was really motivating :smiley:

Download: Patreon

2 Likes

You’re forgetting to point out that if anyone does subscribe today, Patreon will charge them again tomorrow, because of the crappy way it works…

3 Likes

Yes, that’s true. Usually, when people had subscribed at the end of the month, I issued them a refund, because if they subscribed a few days later, they would have been charged half for almost the same benefit.

This won’t be the case for the easter version, because it won’t be available for tomorrow’s charge, only for today’s. Tomorrow’s charge will automatically give you access to v0.22 as soon as it releases - and since it’s the 1st of the month, it also means you will get access for the whole month, all the way until the 31st, giving you the biggest benefit possible for May.

The way Patreon charges was actually the reason, why I had chosen to have the download links of the easter version expire today - to make it as fair as possible.

1 Like

Hi, I just had a quick question. Do you actually get anything out of being kidnapped while you’re walking to town, or is it just a mini game for fun?

It’s more a fun minigame right now, where you can gain a lot of weight. In future it’ll have a small impact on a future action, which is not yet implemented.

1 Like

Next month’s version will include new weight stages for exisiting characters :3

Get the new version as soon as it releases in the next 9 days by subscribing to Patreon as at least a Silver-Member:
Link to Patreon

4 Likes

I’ve read through this entire thread, and saw you mention a few times that giving characters (Lisa, Ida, Jessica, etc.) extra food at the fast food job will make them gain weight. I’ve been giving them extra food every time they appear, but haven’t seen any weight gain. Has anyone been able to verify that this actually works?

Yeah I have done it a couple of times… it is how I normally get weight on Lisa and speed up the gain on Jessica.

Not sure if I can advise on how much extra food you need to give them though. I normally wait to try it until I have a couple of projects completed and have a lot of spare cash. Once I do I will just click a bunch of extra food items, I think almost an extra $50 worth of food on top of the order.

1 Like

for Lisa its much faster but for Jessica I’ve noticed it just helps a little not as much as it used to.

1 Like

Small Update:

I figured out how to import 3rd party assets from other 3d stores (that was tough to figure out, I’ve been trying for months, because I didn’t find any useful tutorials) into my local 3d database. Now I can use assets more widely from other stores, opening a lot more options for me.

This means that future Gain of Life versions will include a bigger variety of 3d assets, especially clothing. I’ve also found a lot new body shapes on the internet, I’ll try playing around with them a bit as well :grin:

7 Likes