My sincere apologies, we were busy with holidays, glad to see however that staff took care of your submission as soon as possible, hope you’ll like the place!
So if, say, i **blacked out** everything except my dob and expiry date from my government issued health insurance card, would I still be accepted? There’s the issue of being unable to prove the id is not stored and is deleted, as well as my deadname being flat on there. Thanks.
Yeah, that way it’s completely fine as well, just be sure to draw black rectangles or paint over information that’s not needed.
With Valentine’s day around the corner, we invite you to stop by at 14th of February 16:45 (CST), we’ll be doing a little ice breaker event on a beach map for new people to get to know each other!
More event announcements coming soon, we’ll also be sharing some interesting screenshots.
How long does it take for you to verify someone usually?
The process is entirely manual, it’ll take a few hours up to a day in order to make sure everything goes smoothly, depending on the traffic, verifications might get delayed.
Wazza. To keep this thread alive, I shall start posting the server changelogs here once every month.
Changes in April 2026:
- Added Starshine Vending Machine and its associated restocking unit in Cargo.
- Added 4 Starshine drinks that make you glow while in your body. Neutron uniquely offers body-changing effects once OD.
- Added automated feeder. A plumbing machine that feeds the chemicals in the connected ducts to the attached character.
- Added automated milker. A plumbing machine that drains your body and exposed breasts and genitals of chemicals.
- Moved bloopers into new folder and finally made them work.
- added a candy maze to the space ruin pool.
- Icewalker role now lets you spawn in as a custom character.
- digestive_noises numeric pref.
- farting_noises and burping_noises are now numeric preferences,.
- removed references and uses of playsound_prefed proc.
- Fixed a math bug in the Adipoelectric Transformer’s power scaling.
- Dietician - an alternative variant of Psychologist role, comes with an alt title and you can now choose what kind of pills you wanna get for the role.
- gave Twin Nexus Hotel ghost role a facelift, making it into our own map variant.
- fixed more asteroid turfs on Xenoarch.
- fixed one of the Lavaland candyland ruins having an inaccessible entrance.
- fixed numerous mapping errors (like broken pipes, cables, windows, all the issues tied to this PR).
- redid telecomms on Biodome a lil bit, also added a buffet to the service section (it’s above the theatre).
- added SAD machine to tram medbay.
- added the hotbar to BoxStation kitchen.
- Macarenic Mace and Lipolicide mace: they’re currently non-functional sadly.
- reorganized fatty melee weapons so they’re in one file.
- added a second variant of Mootant ears.
- added Liponuts & Liposeeds to Fatwankus vendor.
- gave all medbay foyers 10k cells to ensure all placed SADs can operate properly.
- added hotbars to all kitchens.
- Safe and unsafe(gib) bursting for fullness and fatness.
- blueberry gib runtime error.
- fixes the weighting scale not giving back iron when deconstructed.
- Adds the big pizzuh… (and the big choco shake but that’s not as important as the big pizzuh…).
- fullness limit is now slightly higher, and fullness stages are achievable earlier.
Changes in May 2026:
- Added the Genetic Mutation quirk, allowing you to get ONE roundstart gene from a list.
- Adds a new quirk that allows you to accidentally knock stuff off tables.
- the storyteller should be more aggresive with it’s event spawning.
- automatic storyteller votes, which fire mid round to decide which storyteller should be picked.
- merges with upstream.
- fixes the forensic scanners.
- Adds galbanium. Made by combining lipoifium and BZ above 5000 kelvin, it increases perma fat without adding regular fat.
- Calorite collars have had their weight gain rate increase lowered from 1.5 to 0.5.
- Adds milk melons.
- fixes beanbag chairs not being craftable from cloth.
- fixes beanbag chairs requiring a wrench to deconstruct. They will now require wirecutters.
- Added Starshine vendors to a few maps: Interlink, CentComm, Ghost Cafe, Box, IceBox, Kilo and Meta.
- added breasts variant: no nipples.
- added belly variants: no bellybutton/nipples & no bellybutton/nipples/fat arms.
- Prefed bursting related sounds.
- small increase in damage done while crit bursting.
- Added the Silverscale tongue to the augments+ menu and tweaked how it works. Gargoyles rejoice!.
- fixes the material icons in the protolathe/mech fabricator/silo being completely and utterly fucked.
- fixes the event perk redeemer showing up item amounts as null.
- fixes milk melons not being obtainable by mutating melons.
- thick fingers from weight helplessness mechanic no longer gives the clumsy trait.
- fixes the MOD mobility assist module breaking helplessness mechanics triggering.
- refactored helplessness code. Again.
- GATOified Biodome.
- Persistence Syndicate Outpost got a larger section for feeder den esque stuff, including a new vendor with kink tools.
- Persistence also got 2 new ghost roles: Syndicate Feedee & Feeder. Feedee is functionally the same to Syndicate Hostage, and Feeder is the same to a normal Brig Syndie, but they’ve been renamed for visibility.
Changes in June 2026:
- Added the Illuminated Quirk, allowing you to cosmetically glow.
- Added sprites for Teshari WG by Cowlamari, Pavvodeville, and Softymarshmellow from the discord.
- fixed teshari layering.
- refactors fullness. It will now work with fullness reducing emotes like *burp and *belch.
- fixes fizulphite not working.
- Getting stuck in doors because of fatness no longer stuns and knocks down the player. It now behaves in the same way as getting stuck in spider webs.
- Getting stuck in doors now deals them 1 (one) damage per each failed attempt at passing them.
- the character creator tabs are no longer extending past the window borders.
- Fixes the fattywank vendor being buildable through the custom vendor board.
- Fixes absorbing prey stopping once a prey reaches the exact value of a weight stage.
- The menu for the blueberry collar is now accessible. (Due to an upstream bug, frequency and codes still cannot be changed.).
- The fat drain mode on NIFs now works.
- Legion cores and other full heal methods no longer remove fatness.
- fat removal is now it’s own proc:
fully_heal_fatness, with a meme version:fully_heal_fatness_shitpost. - merged some things from upstream.
- merges with upstream.
- added a new ghost cafe condo: Feeder Den (with the help of @icepick100).
- fixes to feeder den like broken posters, decals or missing cryo console etc.
- small mapping fixes to xenoarch, like broken air tanks or error pizzas.
- removed Feeder Basement & Calorite Shrine from Ghost Cafe (moved to condos).
- new condos: Feeder Basement & Calorite Temple.
- calorite pen: a novelty item that adds a lil bit of poisoning upon stabbing, with a stronger variant of a calorite pen that does far more poisoning and adds permafat, available via opfor or uplink.
I want to enjoy this game, especially for the mechanics it has to offer. On the other hand though, I’m also not too fond of how staff continues to harbor malicious/harmful people.
Either current ownership doesn’t actually know what “thin ice” means or they just use it as a shield so people don’t call them out for acting like racist sympathizers. Based on what I’ve seen as an ex-staff member + spriter I’d assume it’s both given how some of these people will still overstep yet still be in here.
I’ve also experienced firsthand staff ignoring or downplaying repeated harassment towards server members and doing next to none about it for nearly 2 weeks straight. With the severity of the allegations in the situation it should’ve been done day 1.
I highly suggest that people just make a private instance for GS13 until this is properly addressed and dealt with through retraining and/or replacement of their staff. There should be tutorials online on how to do this for SS13 servers.
You can always attend the private ghost cafe if you want the sandbox without other people interacting with you or your partner.
If you want company it’s possible to join your friends on a localhost as long as they have the port id (made public) for it. I believe you can configure this on Dream Daemon
It something I don’t want to post since I been playing around startof this year i Have made wonderful friends people that I still hang out to this day. But as of right now , if you’re interested in a role playful , focus in wg content, it is quite difficult to enjoy it right now.The server is going on a bit of identity crisis. I will start from minor to major issues.
The crew paranoia and hostility.
Something i’ve been noticing when i’m playing is how hostile everyone is with each other and how paranoid effectively they’re going to their own groups , because of a system that the admin teams have been pushing more conflict with antag. I will get my thoughts on this as I’m bit.Mix on this as well as i have mixed feelings on this. The crew is unwilling to work with each other and help out.If there’s situation where it help is needed.And we’ll start arguing with the acting, captain effectively. As no one wants to be told what to do unless it’s their friend.
Crew Hatred against command player or sec
What’s an introduction of the antagonists?There has to be people to step up and line to actually do the job of commanding.However , a lot of people that I have met personally only want to do medical cargo hop these jobs.Are usually managed by small amount people in each depart however, if there’s no acting captain or captain, the person who wants the players to come in has to take up captain, which makes their capability a lot more stressful and depression as they really do feel like they’re not doing much.And the crew is not helping as they are being hostile against them. sec players are a little bit better , but they still have similar issues as they have to effectively become hated in order to stop the crime and ruin people’s fun. But this Makes it much more difficult for people to actually get things done , especially with antag
Crew unwillingness to meet new people or give a shot other a shot
The crew is very content on being in a small little factions, effectively hanging out with a group of people that they choose they’re unwelcoming on having new people and leaves people to doing their own things. There is only one person I have seen. That’s actually been welcoming and actually meeting new people, and I will always appreciate him for being here. If he was not here, I personally think a lot of people would not be. I usually call him the main character of the station joking. He hates that. But it’s kind of true.
Discouraging weight gain
From a fetish surfer this should’ve been the focus of the mechanics, however, with the introduction antagonists since being huge , making user slow is effectively better just to wear a blue space belt or not gain weight in order to effectively play the game people have mentioned fetish antagonists however, the Admin teams are very discouraged from that.As the entirety of the server is filled with bottoms i can’t remember the second thing as the main but Effectively it turns into i Have a feeling they secretly want to turn off the waken , mechanics , just to do a normal game but that’s just me making a jab at it
The good and bad of antag
This is a mixed subject for me as I do personally think this is a good idea , but the execution of it is horrible as this introduce a repetitiveness a headache.
Good
The antag are not bad i have enjoyed my time playing as security or helping out.It’s fun to roll play with this.It’s fun to do stuff with these people. One of my Favorite players is a old dragon who whenever he plays as antag forgets to take his meds and goes crazy is such a fun and interesting concept. I really hope I get to see more of this chaotic side.However.
Bad
The repetitive and exhaustion is something that will come frequently cause.Let’s say you want to roll play with your friends.You have to stop when you’re doing or the station will explode And you have to reset all your progress on what you’ve been doing is such an annoying time? But it would have been fine if the crew was helping out.The crew is exhausted from the antagto where they just start ignoring has A Lot of people want to take a break and hanging out or get fat do the admin do not understand brake is a good thing I don’t think they understand or been told or they’re just doubling down as I have noticed, they’ve been doing that. Ever since a certain individual has happened.
Beginners vs veterans
A lot of the time when people do join.This is their first time playing this will turn it into an awkward mess of combat.As new players are trying to understand the combat controls while the veterans already been for a while now are able to wreck them , i have Seen veterans, putting ahold on their skill.Just so the newer players are able to handle it , but there are sweaty troy hard that like the dopamine rush of beating the crap a newbie players.
Lack of rp time or being forced to stop to handle something
With all this in mind, you can imagine how many times you get interrupted, how many times you have to stop? What you’re doing just to go handle this it’s depressingly frustrating how many times happens.This happens to me so many times that I can’t count on my fingers and toes. I have feel like it is better just to ignore what’s happening than handle it even as I work a 10 hour shift in a comeback home.Go to sleep 2 hours and wake up because it is hot where I live personally , if you’re going to roll play with someone ignore the antng if they’re not attacking you, you’re not a coward.You’re not as the players would say a green shift , you’re tired and you want to relax with friends if you do find any.
my hope and fears with gs13
I’m generally nervous with how the game is becoming.It is becoming in hostile game when you start playing It. However , the server is still friendly , which I still like to think there’s a hope that one day we could return to a little bit more of a relaxed state but keeping some of the features that the Admin team still wants, but as I state, it is just not welcoming and it’s straight up a headache, just to play people will be saying, why not go to ghost cafes i will boot up my janitor or my spicy chat and start playing with myself. Because that’s what you’re basically saying I have come to your hangout with my friends , not to go f****** play with myself as no one’s not wanting to do that
Why am I making this post?
The reason why I’m making this post is just so when you people come in, they have an idea what’s happening as of right now, I recommend bringing in friends that is something that I would encourage. But don’t be afraid of making new friends. This is a social game after i have met wonderful people that I still talk to this day.Thanks to this f****** game.
Should you be discouraged from giving a shot?
I recommend it.Give it a week if you don’t like it pause for a little bit and give it another shot.It’s a great game to role plays with other but I only list the problems that are happening just so you know what’s happening i like to hope i day something gets fixed.But right now , I don’t know , and that’s makes me sad.
There are many issues that are happening still , but these are the main ones that are affecting the game in my eyes.
But I still hope for gs13 future
A concern player
With my insight I’ll say that antags are an issue because there’s two different audiences since SS13 is innately an memey conflict driven game. The divide between SS13 players with a fat fetish and ordinary fat fetishists got worse since the weightgaming ad was posted. Not that it wasn’t present prior, but dissent is way stronger.
I see it a lot where SS13 servers will opt for little to no conflict, generally the consequence with that is that there’s nothing to do but roleplay in cliques or one on one until inevitably the server dies. I saw something of that affect even before I left. It’d probably also explain why our old playerbase doesn’t frequent the game unless there’s an event, which is basically once in a blue moon.
While fetish antagonists in theory sound great, I remember vividly when we were rolling those out that people would get hostile with the acting captain or crewmembers if they dared to carry out proper escalation against someone giving them fetish content, victims wouldn’t act like victims, people wouldn’t interfere, prefbreaks, and for me at least I’d usually be the only one getting held captive since I would be the only one willing to roleplay being inconvenienced.
It’s fickle, but I think it boils down to niche thing with niche audiences where they only want to do a specific thing. This inevitably makes a disconnect between audiences that I don’t think can be rectified without shooing away people. It could work if it wasn’t SS13, a game designed to be unserious and chaotic.
This is probably the last thing you want to hear since I recognize you want this to do well, but for me I can see this going a few ways.
- Doubling down and just being like their upstream Bubber, which at that point go to Bubber for the higher pop + more engagement. They have fat sprites too now anyway.
- Catering to people who want solely fat fetish content, which will disappoint those who see SS13 and expect SS13. Eventually leads to the clique problem that drives even people who want fat content away and makes the game hard to enjoy without a clique or scheduled ERP. Leads to lowpop or server death.
- Staff handle something poorly (again) that can’t be swept under the rug or ignored by white queers. People get upset and leave.
- Constant limbo catering to both when they’re not even on the same level, everyone is dissatisfied.
I wish I could say the same as you in terms of recommending this place, I made some decent friends myself but the fact that the owner’s response to my earlier comment was basically just “yeah I think racism is bad but I’m still going to keep my notoriously racist friend on the server” I cannot in good faith say this is something I’d suggest or say that everyone can enjoy, especially if you happen to be POC or care about people who are.
Calling bubber sprites “fat sprites” is very generous. They are at best belly sprites, and at worst spheres attached to the characters midsection. Also they do not have any of the fat systems that we do.
Hello,
Thank you for the insightful post, though we feel that the end of it is disingenuous and puts the state of the server out of context, in a bad light.
You are well aware that some of these issues are currently being worked on - our past punishments have indeed been too lax for people breaking the rules and the staff is currently being retrained, with new banning guidelines being nearly ready. I believe we’ve addressed this to you already, however.
All offenders are currently banned, except for that “owner’s friend” (I would like to contextualize that the implication that they’re kept around because they’re friends is not true and you were already informed of this), who has been talked to and informed that any missteps will be treated with a permanent ban from the community, since then he hasn’t engaged in edgy nonsense since then in 2025. We can’t retroactively go back and ban someone when a resolution has already been achieved.
I think painting the community in this light is not true or fair with the real state of things, especially since you’ve been gone from the community for over a month now. We’ve made our mistakes with being too lax on our punishments but we are now much more firm on these matters. If you wish for clarification of anything or want to clear up any confusion, our DMs are open.
We’ve also been working to have something to show for, including a proper moderator guide for mods who will be checked on following it, with a public facing version to collect feedback on, we also now have more accessible note system for the staff to reference more easily, and we are also making our bans public to let people know that action is being taken against problematic players.
2026* In your own words you’ve stated that “I feel like I’d be a bit too lenient cuz he is my friend”, so I don’t really think it’s honest to frame it as if they aren’t. If you refer to the two as similar yet one isn’t out then it makes 0 sense to get rid of one but not the other unless you didn’t disclose another reason. The alternative is that you don’t actually mean what you say.
There’s not too much confusion here, your team also allowed an SA victim (who happened to be your staff) and another server member to get harassed for nearly 2 weeks straight a little before I left and are hoping your tiptoeing leads to a peaceful everyone loves each other solution. People do not forget things like that as much as you wish they would.
But thank you for your kind offer, no. I think you both helped me decide definitively that I’d be making a mistake trying to communicate with people who don’t intend to follow through on these promises. I personally think it’s pointless dancing around things I could easily back up my claims on. But historically you guys are brick walls and I’m sure some of your own server members recognize that too or will if they haven’t already.
Enjoy your vicious cycle.
Changes in July 2026:
- Added a helpless pref for waddling.
- Added buildable tiny fans.
- Added lisping as a free quirk.
- Added a modular bunny suit.
- Added the ability to speak in red text.
- the announcer now welcomes you to GS13.
- fixes Teshari bellies disappearing when using the “belly uses skin tone” option.
- merges with upstream.
- heavily restricts access to some xenoarch areas.
- removes a lot of high value items from xenoarch.
- Added looking into the distance by Alt Right-Clicking. We can finally use our eyes.
- Adds a persistent powerator money modifier, which affects how much money it makes when it is over or under used.
- Removes the GS storyteller.
- increases the maximum slowdown from weight.
- nerfs the strong legs trait (it costs more and makes you resist slowness less), buffs the weak legs trait (it gives you more points and slows you down less). The strong legs quirk is also incompatible with the very weak legs quirk.
- fixed weight sprites not updating when the stomach is missing.
- refactors fatness.
- Adds calorite to ore vents.
- The knockdown duration on the burp trap in xenoarch is now much shorter. Also, them, alongside the fattening traps, are now a LOT less durable.
- Fixes calorite not showing up on the mining scanner (again).
- Re-adds nearsightedness as a helplessness mechanic, now separate from the FOV one.
- Nutricious boost quirk has been nerfed. It no longer triggers with nutriment, and the speed boost values from lipo and galbanic were lowered.
- Fixes dual tone suits not showing their color in the loadout menu.
- Getting stuck in doors will now occur on the airlocks tile, rather than in front of it.
- Instant storyteller vote now takes the current population into account when picking storytellers to include in the vote.
- fixes the adipoelectric generator in xenoarch not being connected to the grid at round start.
- Fixes the Expose/hide genital menu interaction with modular clothing.
- Adds a new “fatty alert” event, which simply triggers a fake blob event. It’s funny, trust me.
- Fixes size collars integration with XWG. Also fixes XWG not being disabled when you disable the pref.
- Fixes GT bot printing the typepath, rather than the name of the storyteller to the discord chat.
- fixes how XWG interacts with micro and macro characters.
- added Nefarious Calorite Pen to Waistline Saboteur vendor.
- more areas have 600% sprite size uncapped: xenoarch (gym, construction, lower level, maints, outside, ruins), space hotel, maintenance, persistance outpost.
- made Adipoluri much more potent and made it available in Cargo Goodies.
- fixed Calorite Pen’s doubling stab notif & clicking breaking sprites.
- GATOified following maps: Ouroboros, Pubby, Biodome.
- various Xenoarch tweaks: rebalanced access (removed some access requirement or made them multi-department), added a small prison cell beneath the sec outpost, added a new secret room & secret loot, small cosmetic fixes, added water piping, added area icons.
- added silver and plasteel to material starter crates, rebalanced some items.
- Pet Owner can now select lizards.
Changes in August 2026:
- Gave limb alpha pref more control over player’s alpha.
- Ported 6 hairstyles from nova.
- fixed the Chunky Twin Buns hairstyle not appearing.
- Gain Spell- a spell that makes the victim gain weight, linked to a book that can be obtained through lavaland chests and xenoarcheology rewards.
- Adds drake (and only drake) bellies changing with weight.
- Airlocks can now refuse access based on weight. Configurable via the AI access view or right clicking with the multitool.
- Chairs can now break when someone gains weight while buckled to them, instead of only on buckling to them.
- fixes bellies not showing when the outfits are worn casually.
- fixes grey modular clothing not being colored in the loadout menu. Also fixes one wrongly named modular jumpsuit.
- Adds signals which are emitted whenever the players weight changes.
- duke donator plush: available in loadouts and in toy vendor.
- updates to the newest version of bubber.
- Enables the handheld weight analyzer - basically a scale which you can hold and use in your hands.
- The plumbing feeder and milker will no longer put/take reagents from the bloodstream.
- fixes the plumbing feeder and milker not having sprites in the plumbing constructor.
- fixes the plumbing feeder and milker droping iron when collected with the plumbing constructor.
- fixes the weighing scale sometimes not tracking the weight of its occupant correctly. The “last reading” will now also update in real time as weight changes.
- fixes breasts sometimes not producing reagents after spawning.
- Added a set of ears and tail named “Alien Slug”.
- fixed the mootant (larger) ears from being offset from the base head.
- fixes teshari butts not showing. again.
- replaces the progress bar moth with the gatito.
- Ports the HEF-T Scale from WG13.
- turns scale behavior into a component, which can be applied onto ANYTHING.
- Adds the GATO birthday holiday, which starts on the second of august.
- Ported kobold ears and horns from SS14.
- Adds the old space carps that can’t teleport.
- Fixes the grey modular jumpsuit belly sprites not working on belly types other than round and default GS.
- makes it so transfer votes are forced open when a person hasn’t voted.