Game, with text, mechanics, features of sorts (hiatus)

Is there any gameplay after the dryad scene?

after the dryad scene all thats left is going back to camp to report it.

Fixed the dryad and combat-related bugs. Just added fixed version to the download folder at the top of the thread. If you find combat too frustrating currently, load the save file I included, which places you right where the new content starts.

Go back and report to Cait briefly for some additional dialogue as @someFillerName noted. However, there is another way you could have found your way out of Lost Hope, with entirely separate (fetish) content from the resolution with Kalen, if you did not already find it.

3 Likes

I like it so far! Good job :slight_smile:

By the way, was there any fix for the scrambled text people were talking about up there some weeks ago?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I was able to fix it by disabling “Wrap text output on resize” and more importantly, increasing in that same property window the width of the window.

1 Like

I have news about the game! The news is that I am putting it on an indefinite hiatus, so if you were waiting for a more polished build to play, probably not happening anytime soon. Buzzkill! I plan to come back to it hopefully within a year or so. That is the TL;DR. The rest of this post is why I am doing this, what I plan to work on next, and a request for feedback.

I began this game to learn about game dev, to practice C, and because of horny reasons. I have enjoyed gamedev, the horny reasons haunt me still like vengeful wraiths, and I have another few ideas for other more varied games I would like to work on, but the main thing driving me here is that I want to sprint as far as I fucking can from C for the rest of my life. Why, you may ask, did I persist so long in a language I hated? Well, I had some momentum. That is honestly it. I lack the momentum after the last release, so…

Another issue is that my death march of work is largely done, so I now can look back at the code and realize damn, there are too many things I want to fix, to the point that I want to dismantle the game and rebuild it in Godot where I can more easily do some interesting things with combat and navigation that I could not do in the extant C build.

This is a big ask, though, and accordingly I want to work on some other palate cleanser projects before I do that. I want to find an artist in need of a programmer for their idea and do some work for free in the interim, partially to give back to the community a bit, and partially for the experience of working with actual visuals in a game – if this describes you, message me. I will probably make a separate forum posting about it in a few days, too, and you can find me on the discord sometimes, under the same username, if you prefer to message me there. I also have a game idea I did not have time to make for the jam, but fuck it, I am probably going to attempt it just for practice if no one needs my mercenary services. What these things all have in common is that they are not in C.

On this game though, if you played it and enjoyed it, I would appreciate it if you could leave a comment or send me a message telling me what you liked about it – I simply like to see these comments. Anything else you can tell me about the game beyond the buggy parts would be much appreciated as well. If you had a problem with the game that was not a bug (trust me, I am highly aware of the bugs) but instead was a design choice, which you wish I would have fixed, let me know so I do better on the next one. Did you like the fetish writing? Did you get both endings to the recent update (which will be the final one in this thread)?

7 Likes