Getting a weapon

So, I’ve managed to get through the kobold sidequest without causing a massacre, but now I’m having a problem when it comes to finding the metal required for the weapon. You can search the cauldron for it, but when I search the cauldron, I keep becoming part-kobold when I want to stay human. How am I supposed to deal with this?

you want the ladle. take the ladle.

There are two other pieces of metal besides the ladle. One you’ve already been past. The other was two moves away from your starting location.

1 Like

How do you take the ladle?

The ladle chained to the cauldron you cannot take (it’s chained to the cauldron). The ladle that fell in earlier (and is the reason the current one is chained up), can only be had by searching the cauldron (and suffering, or embracing) the consequences.

1 Like

though thinking about it. your should be able to fish out the dropped ladle with the chained on. at least enough of it to grab

1 Like

thats not really helpful to be honest, just give a straight answer

That’s a very entitled demand you are making of me. And no, I won’t. I feel that as a game part of the experience is solving the puzzles, and this is a simple one. A walk through is available as a Patreon reward.

1 Like

hey while the walkthrough is a direct method. could later in development there be a vague walk-through for non Patreon’s? much more like a hint system over a “do this to progress” kind of thing.

The quest panel is intended to be a do-this-to-progress thing. There are supposed to be tool-tips on each quest part too, but for some reason I’ve yet to fathom they don’t ever appear. I may have to re-write that entire UI component (nightmare) at some point, but it isn’t a priority.

The current early-access version includes the start of a new hint-ish system that I intend to make more use of going forward. Donating to the various in-world gods can result in you getting divine inspirations about what you should or should not be doing. This way be choosing who you donate to you’ll get appropriate hints, or at least that’s the plan.

Yaffaif is always intended to have multiple paths to any given goal, which makes giving appropriate hints a little tricky, as one person’s best path is not the same as another’s. There are already, broadly speaking, three different ways to complete the mine quest (depending on your character’s moral compass), with some little variations on those, and three different outcomes to the weapon quest. It is at it’s heart a role-playing game, so there are always going to be choices.

theres a grate in the pit, you have to defeat the eels i think.

grab a torch and go to the pit, the torch will light it up and you will see eels and an iron grate, whether you fight or flee make sure to grab the grate

1 Like