Growing With The Crowd!

game seems to be broken. won’t load

Try checking your console for any errors by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I and navigating to the console tab. I’ll try to fix them if it’s anything on the game’s end.

For those interested, I’ve started working on a sequel which should hopefully bring some more variety and exploration than the first game.

Here’s a proof-of-concept which contains 5 areas and exclusively placeholder assets:
itch.io (Password: demo)

As you might be able to guess, for now, the player is simply a circle that gets bigger.

For testing reasons, you gain one pound of weight for every second that you’re in your apartment.

Edit: Also, if you want to reply with suggestions for any specific kinds of areas/weight gain mechanics that you want to be added to the game, I’ll be open to considering them.

7 Likes

could interesting i look foward :slight_smile:

Just an idea but what if to gain weight you had to eat food but you have to wait until the next day for the weight to show up?

I get the following error:

That’s an issue with your browser’s privacy settings. On chrome, it can be changed in:
Settings > Privacy > Content.

1 Like

add a wait button to the thing that you have to wait for it to refill
that instantly refills it

please add more size and add more food because I reach the end in 1 hour pls

1 Like

The game has stopped getting updated in a while, I’d drop any hope for aditional development.

1 Like

I think the project exists as well as it could. To milk a not-too-exciting gameplay format further would be missing out on so many other ideas!

Every once in a while, I entertain the idea of a WG project as a break from my other projects, but with my ambition nowadays that’d be a long investment… maybe I ought to consider something short n’ sweet for myself?

The biggest consideration to me is that I need to do the art and programming, which are both really fun activities, but they require mentally switching between them. :slight_smile: Some day.

3 Likes

For the art part I’d say that if you’re not an artist, nor you have the money to commission art for the game itself, whilst also keeping it free for everybody (like this one, had fun with it in multiple occasion without splurging a cent), that you could eventually use either programs to make them or AI generation. (Hope you don’t take this as personal, I just though of this while thinking about another thread, but your comment reminded me of it as well)

1 Like

I really do love drawing. AI takes out the fun of using my ideas :wink: but it works for others so that’s good, and it’s nice of you to try to help with suggestions.

Animation is especially really fun.
I considered, for expediting, perhaps doing animation keyframes and asking for community help on in-betweening, but morally that is only if future projects will be fully free (though most skilled people are rightfully on their own projects, which means I should probably work it out myself and try to be my own “skilled person”)

I’m not as good at art as I’d like to be, but I have lots of fun doing it and will get better.
My current project, for reference (spoiler-tagged because HEAVILY nsfw (no pun intended)).

IMG_4252

This animation has 4 unique weight stages and 6 unique belly stages, which probably took 20+ hours (likely would be faster in future with my developed momentum). I think there’s something beautiful about the marathon of animation.

I guess it’s all just how much I’m able to get into content production mode. To switch between The Creative and The Programmer at will. :wink: Have you guys felt this friction?

3 Likes

I’m just a lurker, but from that animation I’d say that you artistic skills have improved from Growing with the crowd. Also kind of interested to see this new project you’re talking about. You’re actually leagues better than me (I can’t draw anything starting from scratch).

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate that