Growth Academy (expansion visual novel)

Great - thank you! Alice was always my favorite, though Aida is special too. Looking forward to the next update!

This hound will whistle for alice that’s for sure, shiori too
Luxury and duty go hand and hand to me
Noblesse oblige

Alice stuffing scene, my dick is screaming.

Hey, does anyone know how to get the secret Alice scene? I really like the direction her story is taking and would love to experience all the content that I possibly can.

@Purplgr From what I saw on the discord when I was looking for it is scenes 59 and 60 (the regular 60 and not 60S) that lead into the bad end route in which you make the wrong choices. From my understanding this only gets you on to that route at the moment as the end will continue within the next update. If you want to access it you can use the “enter debug menu” in the bottom right corner whenever you’re at a chapter selection screen and for the input type in WG059 and than hit start event (this is case sensitive make sure the letters are capitalized).

As for how to get it naturally it should be a dialogue choice made within a previous few scenes but I wouldn’t know which to be sure as I’ve only played through the update the one time.

1 Like

i gotta ask i keep getting alice bad ending what choice dio ihave to make to get out of the S ending

You have to have made some specific choices throughout the latter stages of her route.
More specifically: 54 (two specific choices, if you succeed at at least one of them, you set a flag), and 57 (two specific flags). (Looking at the code right now, they don’t seem to be needed atm, but important for later)
However, with the most current version, you will need to succeed in these: 48, 50, 54 (3), 57 (2) they combine for a potential 8 choices that you can make, and you need to have made at least 5 of them correctly to get the correct ending.

3 Likes

i gotta ask does the s route is the correct one or the not s route

They have been a bit dodgy on the discord to my understanding since it’s still being developed on but I think the non S route leads to what can become an eventual bad end. Having played both I would say the non S route brings up somethings that seem like they could develop into a bad end and the S route is for sure better imo. And I believe the way the route the player would normally get to making correct choices.

I believe the default or normal route is the non-S route, whereas the S route is supposed to be a secret. Link to DA journal saying ‘secret scene’

Thanks. I got a chance to see the scene last night and it was glorious.

1 Like

Was there any CG for the secret scene or any new art? Not sure if I gotten it or not.

Nope, no CG or anything like that.

*Yet
There is a high likelihood that a CG will be added in a later update

Glad to see people enjoyed the update. If you enjoyed the most recent one, the new one dropping in a few days is certainly comparable in terms of quality of content, imo.

To clarify a few things about the _S vs. normal scenes, neither route is intended as good or bad, but more so intended as giving choices throughout the route farther reaching consequences, as well as being a reflection of how the character’s choices reveal a preference for… well, you know what I’m getting at if you’ve seen the scene.

As I said before, neither mini route is good or bad, but it is intended to have consequences later that will influence how later parts of the route unfold, but I’m getting ahead of myself with that. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Always nice to see a dev here thank you for the clarification.

I ran into this when I playing Alice route on the latest October release

The sprite call in the script should be named surprised-2, you can fix this by editing it in the script file. It was supposed to have been fixed but it looks like this bug got through.

Looking through the script file, that’s the only time that error is there, so not too bad, shouldn’t be a problem later in the route.

Apparently there is also a script error in scene WG064 - just ignore it and you’ll move right past it.

1 Like

It’s been roughly 9-10 months since I played the opening scenes of the game, which have apparently had some reworks recently. So, I am gonna start my save file over again now for this new release.

I usually play with skip but with skip set to only skip things I’ve read before (because I savescum every conversation to read all possible choices rather than just one, but I don’t want to re-read the identical passages repeatedly in the process)…

In addition to start a new campaign by clicking new game, do I need to delete my persistent file which is what keeps track of already read scenes in ren’py games? Or will reworked scenes flag themselves as new because they’re no longer identical?

You’ll need start a new run of the game. The previous update before this we switched Alice’s route from BBW to WG. This was to better reflect the nature of the route and the player’s expectation. It was also an opportune time because a lot of scenes got reworked and the numbers of them moved around. Unfortunately, this made previous saves incompatible because of how the game calls some of the assets. We needed to do it at some point.

Fortunately though, there is enough new content that it is worth doing a totally new replay (even the prolog intro has been updated). I’ve never had to delete anything with regards to a persistent file, so just starting a new playthrough should work just fine.

1 Like