Growth Academy (expansion visual novel)

I have no idea how to access the Alice ‘secret scene’. Any pointers or useful tips?

sqrt1’s post Growth Academy (expansion visual novel) - #29 by sqrt1 is accurate. You need to make specific choices in those scenes. So create a save prior to scene WG048 and re-run them if you don’t get it.

I will give a hint: the “good” choices, aren’t always the best ones.

I’m confused. Even after seeing the relevant post, I’m still left with virtual no idea. I’m especially tripped up by use of numbers and numbers in parentheses e.g. ‘54 (3), 57 (2)’. I assume the letters not in brackets are the scene names i.e. BBW054, but I have no idea about the bracket numbers.

TL;DR, I don’t get it, especially the post with the numbers in brackets. “The numbers, Mason…”

(P.S. I don’t think I get the hint either, yo soy muy cortito)

The numbers 54, 57, etc. refer to the scene numbers in the game. The scene numbers are indicated in the scene select menu in the game. The parenthetical numbers () refer to the number of choices within the scene that are relevant to unlocking the secret scenes; most only have one.

But there’s also talk of scenes 59 and 60 earlier in the forum (Krodmandoon’s reply to Purplgr), which I can’t find and have no confidence that they exist. I’m just not that good at figuring things out for myself, so shrugz I just started on this yesterday and I can’t get past 57 or 58.

Are you sure you’re playing the latest version? The previous update had the route progress up to 061 and the most recent one to 066. You don’t have to do anything special to unlock 059-066.

Sorry if this has derailed discussion on the game. The best place to get tech support is in the GA discord server.

I just wanted to pop in and make sure everyone was aware of the new update and the latest Alice content. We worked really hard on this update and I think it shows. Alice’s route is in a very good place atm, especially compared to a year ago, which might have been the first exposure many users here may have had. So definitely give it a shot if you’ve been away from it for a while.

1 Like

The version I downloaded of MEGA was 2021.5.14, Windows-8-6.2.9200, Ren’Py 7.3.5.606 (I dunno exactly which one is the ‘version number’, so I don’t know if I download the latest version). I’m not sure how to update the game, as I downloaded it two days ago and played just Alice’s path. (The ‘Alice secret path’ update is a big reason why I wanted to give it a go, but again, I can only get to 57 before BBW058 = Alice end; it just stops at 57 & 58, kinda mildly frustrating). Should I update it somehow, should I uninstall and reinstall it? Did I do something wrong? I just really not sure what to do

P.S. much thanks and love for the updates and all the hard work. :+1:t2:

Nothing you did wrong, just that there was an update. You can find the new update here. Would recommend restarting the route due to some rewritings of earlier scenes.

Would I need to uninstall the version that I have already?

No, you can delete it or just put in a different folder. The persistent file where your saves are at is stored elsewhere, but you will want to start a new game anyway as the saves will not work retroactively with that update but should in future updates going further.

1 Like

I got the new update and trying to progress in the Alice arc, but I can’t progress past WG028 now,. Playing other parts additionally doesn’t seem to change much. I must be going through a severe display of “noobtardation”. I really have no idea how to progress, I’m starting to have doubts of me ‘mastering’ the path (if that makes sense?). I’d be happy to take suggestions/tips/etc from anybody at this point, coz I guess my luck’s running out

PS, my introduction to the whole thing was seeing gameplay from SquirrelGirlDGT, which inspired me to give this VN a go

My guess is that you didn’t select the correct option for WG027, where you have the option to ask Alice out. If you don’t ask her out, the route will be closed.

This is quite likely as sqrt1 said. There are more than a few potential route enders early on with Alice’s story.

Better luck next time I’m afraid. That being said, I do appreciate the commitment for people that like playing the routes straight without constantly save scumming.

The topic has been closed due to the subsection for growth academy under curated projects. Please make all new posts and topics there. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

2 Likes