Handler Hazing v1.6 - A Cowgirl Weight Gain Game

I like the new cowgirl :slight_smile: The puzzles are quite easy but would love to see more

3 Likes

New update is great. I wonder in witch direction game will go? Will you be able to choose your cowgirl or maybe the basegame will be expanded with new scenes and options what to do in spare time? So many options. Keep the good work :smiley:

3 Likes

Finally got a little motivation to do some more work. That stuff is a rare commodity nowadays I tell you what. My puzzle master is quite the sadist and has made some disgusting puzzles. I hope they don’t end up too difficult.

Kayla’s story is… kind of moving? She has a rival character now who is just too cool for this competition. That’s all I got going for her so far. Slow going.

The arcade mode that I mentioned previously still just has Victoria sprites in it as a placeholder but what I thought might be fun is to use it to give minor characters like Skye and Anna a place in the spotlight by making a few sprites for them to fatten up in the minigame. Thoughts?

13 Likes

What’s the rival named? I look forward to seeing the story updates!

Having some real-time sprites for stuffing progress in the minigame would make it more enjoyable. The more score, the more cowgirl, right? :grin:

3 Likes

Update v1.5 is now here!

v1.5 - The Arcade Update

• NEW GAME MODE: Arcade Mode! Fight the clock and feed the cow as much food as you can!
  • Skye and Anna are the selectable cows in Arcade Mode. Unlock them in Victoria’s story!
  • Icons for the match 3 game have been adjusted… again. They’ve been standardized for better visibility. Icons in Victoria’s minigame have become ingredients to be sorted while icons in Arcade Mode are pre-made meals.
  • Another week has been added to Kayla’s demo!
  • Kayla (and her story’s newly introduced minor characters) have been added to the gallery, as well as Skye and Anna’s new arcade sprites!
  • The image in the main menu now changes depending on whether you’ve unlocked Kayla’s demo!
16 Likes

(Yes, Skye and Anna’s inclusion in the arcade mode means they now both have 7 sizes)

8 Likes

The arcade mode is so challenging all the blood goes to my real head. Makes me v grateful for the gallery!

It’s good to see the puzzle mode coming along well. There’s a certain kind of move I didn’t know was possible. Felt very clever when I found it.

I still think Victoria with Apple shape shouldn’t have that middle indent at stages 2+3. That double roll stomach is something that usually kicks in later. Also at size 7, around the belly button is weird-looking.

It would be funny if in one of the modes the MC expected rivals to be rude and petty, but everyone is nice and don’t even get what he’s fretting about.

2 Likes

Love seeing this get an update. The new Kayla content is a welcome edition and it’s cool to see a new route and a change up in both mini game and story for her.

The new puzzle is interesting although until I got to the second set of harder puzzles I’ll admit I wasn’t really aware of what I was doing past the matching of stuff. As it was not super obvious to me that I only the milk drop symbols were the goal to pass each stage. But it was a more fun change up from the usual match three.

Kayla’s weight stage up transitions having a black ground with her black hair and clothing make it harder to make out her model than I think is intended. Now there are plenty of places (including a gallery) to see her but I think it would be wise to probably not use a black back drop with her.

The match three for Victoria felt much more fair then in other versions and felt like the amount of time given was completely fair.

New mode is a cool idea. I’m not personally into the mini game stuff all that much so I might not be the best judge of some things. I know the models changing as you progress in game doesn’t appeal to me as much as the story based modes. But it’s how other fetish games with similar concepts do things so it makes sense and I think it’s still a good concept here. Plus with a gallery mode there’s plenty of time to see the stills unlocked in the arcade mode.

The amount of time in this mode felt too harsh to me. The shuffle is a good idea but anytime I felt the need to use it (which wasn’t much) the amount of time it takes off with how little you have felt not worth it to me. Now I know the modes all about attrition and making fast gameplay matches but with the timer starting at half full I always seemed to run out due to rng around the 4th stage. Which is where I stopped after multiple attempts on the girls arcade modes as this definitely feels like rng plays too much of a factor with how strict the timer is and the limited amount of timer restored over the course of a play through.

I don’t feel the timer replenishes enough with normal matches and unlike the puzzle stages giving you more time between stages you are just constantly losing (which to be fair is the point).

I would like to see something done here, maybe adding in a bonus per stage or on a timer that makes certain types of food matches reward bonus time to the bar. Getting some time back per stage up, perhaps.

Some match games add in consumable items that can be used to clear the board, change some of the items on the board, extra points for matches for a period of time. Maybe adding in some of these types of random consumable drops (maybe as a reward after you run out of time on a “run”) to be used on a next play through of the arcade mode even makes sense. As I feel repeated play throughs of the arcade mode don’t add to the likelihood of getting through the stages unlike let’s say the new puzzle mini game.

With the limitations of sizes for models being a big factor with how many stages any given girl will have along with body type. So my thought might not be as relevant but if you chose to add on to any girl in arcade mode with larger stages or secret pathways. One way to handle that might be to add in modifiers to the arcade mode. Things that probably reward more points or bar fill up but have negative modifiers attached to them. Giving the player an added risk reward type mode. This mode probably being unlocked by beating said girls max normal stage in arcade mode.

3 Likes

The difficulty of arcade mode is definitely something that has been stated to me. Many times. Turns out I’m much better at match 3 games than I thought and I balanced the mode horribly. (In hindsight, we knew this already. Remember the issues balancing Victoria’s game mode?) With this many comments about how hard it is, I’ve definitely been looking into easing the difficulty a little. Expect something to be done about that soon. If you want to help me test it, I put a script in my discord to replace the existing one with.

As far as Kayla’s puzzles go, I thought I explained the objective well enough when you encounter the puzzles the first time, but I’ll be sure to add more clarifying details when I make arcade mode easier.

The weight up transition screen blending in with Kayla is not something I thought about. I can always just throw the background for Victoria and Kayla’s respective quarters in there instead. ^^

4 Likes

Ah, yes, I know which move you’re talking about. Hehe. Nicely done!

Regarding Apple, I’ll be the first to admit I don’t really know what I’m doing? So maybe “The Apple Update: Part 2 - All the shit I didn’t fix in the first one” is in order. I’ll workshop some stuff in HS2 when I have the chance.

3 Likes

v1.5.1 is now on itch.

• Arcade Mode has been made easier.
  • Kayla’s inspection CG has been added to the gallery
  • Small shuffle bug fix
5 Likes

Today on “Galactase finds more ways to put off working on Kayla’s Story”:
I’ve been finally exploring potential avenues of making the game look a little less stock standard.
Hopefully over the weekend I’ll have something to show for it. ^^

9 Likes

I’m baack! v1.6 is now available on itch!

v1.6 - The Polishing Update

• UI Overhaul! No longer stock standard!
  • Music! There’s music there.
  • New Kayla Week!
  • The Match 3 board will no longer start or shuffle with premade matches!

Edit: there’s a small issue with Kayla’s size 4 sprites. If you encounter it and it bothers you, there’s a hotfix on itch to download.

14 Likes

amazing work as always! love to see the continued support and development of what started as a game jam entry!

1 Like

The music reminds of old Va’s. Like Gbdnate, your culture if someone knows this abbreviation

1 Like

Is there anyone who got past level 15 in the update?

1 Like

No, cause there is only 15 levels atm :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

… I meant, beat level 15.

1 Like

Ah, yeah I have. It’s quite easy once you figure out - requires only 2 moves in total

1 Like

And what are those two moves? I’ve been at this puzzle for a couple days.

1 Like