Hansa And The Festival

Good game Omega8FattyAcid. It features tight controls, an option to use a mouse or keyboard, good animation, multiple endings, and a simplistic yet fun battle system, and enjoyable art that changes with the opponents status. The option to force feed an opponent adds a small layer of strategy as it allows you to immobilize a powerful opponent in a group of enemies while fitting the weight gain theme of the site. The option to break an opponents armor is also an interesting concept. I’m not sure if breaking an opponents armor lowers their defense or is merely an aesthetic choice but it does serve as an interesting concept. The inclusion of a knock-out status effect was also added a layer of strategy when dealing with crowd control. The art was cute yet expressive from marsh mallow’s aggression to bar all’s shyness. I’m curious to see what you’ll do with the weight and the other two mystery attributes. I also look forward to your plan to implement bloating, water, and inflation states as well as how they will differ in their effect on the opponent mechanically. The only problem I have with this game is that I couldn’t see my status outside of battle. Regardless you’ve made a great game Omega8FattyAcid and I look forward to your work in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for feedback, since i was a bit short on time so i minimized the rpg mechanics for the jam. I removed the menu, ability to change weapons/familiars (the candy based minons), and status managment ( you heal up completely after every victory) so it wouldnt be a huge challenge to get to the end and to hide some of the incomplete UI.

Armor breaking should add extra of weaknesses to the enemy but im not certain if it implemented in the enemies that appeared. For these fetish projects i think it serves more for revealing the enemies bodies more than strategy but if people enjoy a challenge in these kind of games I’d be all for it.

1 Like

I’m more than sure that people enjoy a challenge (at least in rpgs). If not you can just include special equiptment or items that can alter the difficulty. Allowing for more players to enjoy the game.

1 Like

So um, I accidentally deleted the file but now I try to reinstall it, MEGA keep telling me error in downloading.

If i had to guess what would win the game jam, this is definitely in the top 3 tied with foodsmas. The force feeding mechanic was a mechanic i was hoping someone else would use when i saw it hungry elves, the sprites were adorable and i got a giggle out of the names for your companions. I hope that this concept gets expanded on in future, game jam win or not, it would be a shame for this to go into limbo like some other wg games. If this is what you got in 2 weeks, i see potential :slight_smile:

1 Like

Grotlover2 Score

Category Total
Basics: 20000
Art: 275
Writing: 40
Concept/Design 510
Msc: 95
Total: 20920

Comments:

A fairly standard RPG with collect the items elements. Has some of the more interesting character designs but combat was a bit clunky and unbalanced making it better to avoid it at all costs. And while your character can get bigger by collecting strawberries would have loved to see it affect the combat in some way.

Kilif Score

Category Total
Art: 340
Writing: 50
Concept/Design 1180
Msc: 160
Total: 21730

Comments:

This game had a lot of great qualities. Great artwork assets and being able to force feed the opponents was a wonderful touch, to say nothing of different sprites for enemies low on health. However, the individual components of the game didn’t really come together cohesively, like you ran out of time on a lot of elements. Also, the theming was very weak. That being said, I hope you continue to expand on this, as I could see this being a great game with a bit more fleshing out.

Juxtaterrestrial Score

Category Total
Art: 361
Writing: 185
Concept/Design 1277
Msc: 180
Total: 22003

Comments:

I really like that you can fatten enemies, but i wish it was a bit more transparent as to that effect. Doe that make them harder easier? I dunno. I like being able to do it though. I like the fattening up as collectibles, and the belly style of gain is really down my alley. A very very polished product that i hope you continue to work on.

Total points: 64653

Anyone know how to fix this? Screenshot - c83960cdd9f9c7d9b359d7344af50897 - Gyazo It happens at the start of the first fight after i choose my attacks.