HeavyDungeon - Darkest Dungeon inspired FatFur game

I would probably like seeing either 3 or 2, but considering what would be best long term would be 2 since you can make each skill and character feel more unique without the game getting bloated like the user above said.

4 Likes

Definitely 2 or 3. I’d lean more 2, but I’d be happy with 3.

3 Likes

Like others said, start small, focus on a few characters you like on how they look and play and develop for that. Focusing on kink can be good because sometimes adjusting to the kink might create an original idea that might help push it apart as a unique thing from the game you are getting inspiration from but stuff like more weight levels can always be pushed for later as something to look foward to in future updates after the game is released.
I dont enjoy much NSFW visuals but if its what you want, then you should push for it, i would only ask if you could add a toggle to show it or not. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Definitely putting my vote in for 2

1 Like

The primary focus is a gameplay, game needs to be fun to play. Secondary is visuals, quality of art and animations needs to be on a certain level. Lastly, there is a content. Adding weight level to a character roughly requires the same amount of time as creating a new monster or a new character. This is a big project.

3 Likes

I would say 2 for me

1 Like

2 is the best Option I say.

1 Like

putting my vote for 2! 3 is nice tho

1 Like

3 or 2 here. I’m a huge proponent of using kink as part of the mechanics, so if that could be expanded upon better with option 3 then I’m absolutely all for that.

2 Likes

Voting for 2 but would like so that the mechanics are decent enough so that the few skills we get go a long way.

3 Likes

Personally going to vote for 1. In my mind, more characters = more characters of either sex = more female characters = not as necessary to bring along male characters.

I’ve also been playing Darkest Dungeon since before the Cove and corpses were released (please, someone say they have the Gem Hunter 2.0 class mod available to share, that modder was an ARSE for removing it after creating the barely changed 3.0) and I’ve always loved having more character classes provided they’re actually good. Like the Legion, Viper and aforementioned adorable Kobold.

Imma be honest, I’m going for 3. Usually I play these games for the “plot,” if you catch my drift, but I would KILL for more that had genuinely enjoyable gameplay and not just (clears throat) physical appeal.

3 Likes

3 flushing out the core gameplay loop seems like the best choice

3 Likes
  1. it would be better to get the main gameplay loop and mechanics fleshed out i think. because then you can latter decide once its all said and done to go back and add things… that and scope creep can be a project killer…
1 Like

Keep forgetting to pop in and say something in here >w>

I’d say 2 or 3, however, since 2 would prioritize the art over gameplay (Which you usually want it the other way around, get the game feeling good then slap the art on after), you might want to focus on three. Get something solid built, then you can decide if you want to add on to it, or wrap it up.

Although we got way more artists than devs working on this, the devs still have to program and animate every character, monster, etc. So I think keeping things manageable for the dev so they can focus on making the quality game they want is the right thing to do.

1 Like