Helpful Roommate (tiny weight gain VN)

Hi,
it’s just a small VN, and a first game I made like this.
Probably not worth your time, but it’s very short and contains gradual weight gain (and 2 endings).

Characters generated with AI (AnythingV5)

Please tell me what elements sucked, or were neat.

itch.io page

26 Likes

Short, but good. Nice work

1 Like

Can we put a download link on itch? It’s too burden to play on itch everytime.

1 Like

Nice little game!

Elements that sucked:

• The dialog was a little sparse and samey across characters. I would have liked to see more personality coming through what the characters were saying.

• I liked ending 2 but the turn to acceptance came out of nowhere, all previous choices on this route had been hesitant or against gaining so suddenly being super into it was odd to me.

Elements that were neat:

• The AI character model was very consistent! none of the usual issues of it looking like a different person picture to picture or having too many fingers or anything like that.

• The story is short but solid, the arc is clear and I never was confused about what was going on.

• The character designs are pretty good. I especially liked how you matched the name colours to the colour of the character’s hair, that was a smart choice and let me instantly connect names to character models.

4 Likes

I actually really liked this. The only issue I have with the game is that it wasn’t long enough.

1 Like

It’s cute, if a bit short. Definitely have good promise for future games, though.

2 Likes

Gotta love some wg game where the MC gets fat

4 Likes

Thanks for mini review!
Writing was never my strong point, but I know what to practice now.

It was my goal to make it concise, it seemed like padding otherwise. I was also afraid it would never leave my hard drive. Now it should be a lil easier.

1 Like

Done.
I can also add android once I figure out how to install SDK. Also I can’t check if it works on mac
Android added.

2 Likes

Very fun little game. The sprites are quite nice and have good consistency, which is pretty impressive for AI generated stuff. Though it was short, I definitely enjoyed this one.

1 Like

Hey itch.io added a scam/malware warning to your game when you try to download. May wanna get that checked out lol.

1 Like

Renpy and AI artwork are made for each other, and this is a proof. Nice.

I don’t know that they did, from the reading I took away from it, it was purely a result of creating a new account and instantly uploading a game. So in theory it would go away after X-time.

1 Like

Okay, thanks I see that on different browser. Didn’t get any notifications.
I guess as well it’s because I just made account today. I e-mailed Itch crew. I guess it should will go away in time.

1 Like

Hey happy to help, hope it resolves ASAP

1 Like

It was okay 7/7 IGN

Apparently a post can’t be less than 20 letters,cool

2 Likes

updated to 1.1

• Rewrote dialogue to add more character to each girl.
  • Added some character insights to connect endings better.
  • Extended the game by whopping 20 seconds. (woo hoo)
  • Added android version.

oh and downloads are now back to normal.

5 Likes

This was a short but fun VN. Really liked the art, it was quite a bit better and more consistent than what I usually expect from AI art. Also the second ending was nice, didn’t expect the main character to accept it after finding out, but it makes sense for the genre.

1 Like

May I ask how you generated your images

1 Like

It’s listed in the first post.