Hey, guys. I really need help.

Guys, I require assistance in something. I am currently desperate to grow my art skills, but on my own, I can’t seem to know how to grow even when I try to practice on my own. It’s so difficult. As a result, I want anyone who knows darkfireballz, talks to them, or at least has approached them to give us a tutorial or perhaps a method or some tips on how they draw their blobs so they can actually help me reach my goal of knowing these methods. Thank you.

Try looking at a book called drawing on right side of the brain helping you with reference. Try using a mirror or flip your drawing to check mistakes. Learn what each tools does, some are better at line art, some textures, some color. Learn color theory for your shadows. Learn gestures to make your art feel alive. And a tip for drawing fatter people is to draw skinny people first

4 Likes

Hey, I’ve been at a similar position and two years ago I’ve started doing daily drawing practice. My answer on how to best approach learning evolved over time, and it will probably change in the future. It also depends strongly on what you want to achieve.

My own goal is the ability to draw quick undetailed drawings suitable for story telling.

Nevertheless, I don’t think you can go wrong with drawabox.com, regardless of your goal. It’ll help you grow quickly, but many people find it’s approach boring.

If you want to draw from imagination, then once you’ve finished lesson 2 on drawabox, I’d recommend practicing drawing rotated cube grid followed by combining boxes in a single drawing. Be aware that this took me a couple of month to stop completely sucking at, though. So it’s not any kind of a “shortcut”.


And lastly, demanding a tutorial from anybody is not really a good way to go about things. It takes a lot of their time and people who are good at performing a certain skill are not always the best at explaining it.