Hi there, been posting for quite a while now. SexyFatGirlRenders

This is my first time trying to pose a tongue, out, up, over, looks a bit derpy but I think serviceable, probably the derp factor would be less noticeable if zoomed out.

These files are too big to upload here, I can make low filesize webp’s of them, but this forum doesn’t support webp’s dang.

I’m working up to more NSFW content I guess. I think this angle is pretty good. Not gonna rerender everything just choose the best shots for this treatment.

1 Like

This was a request for someone on dA

This is beyond the limit in terms of maximum fatness and my skill level for a render. Her belly is clipping through her leg. If she was standing up this wouldn’t happen.

I have some ideas on how to fix this. But I won’t be able to make someone to fat in a game with this sort of technical flaw in the renders. I might make super fat side characters who can’t sit down, and have the main love interest limited in size. We’ll have to see. I need to stop studying renders though so I can write some code for things like custom screens in ren’py. It’s tough though because renders are fun.

Notes about this render for myself, just to reduce the odds I forget these things: Refraction 0 for sunglasses and glossy 0 for non-reflection IOR controls glass thickness and cannot go below 1.0 so an IOR of 1.0 might help remove distortion from the hdri in the lens of the glasses, which is still bothering me and no one else.
Also, for a belly this large I might want to disengaged the maximum limit on pelvis bend so I can do a negative pelvis bend past -25

2 Likes

In my personal experience, even “professional” visual novels do this. I’ve seen several “pay real money for this” games from Japan using photos (oftentimes manipulated with some photo-editing software - such as this thing - to look more like whatever the VN characters look like) as backgrounds.

I’d argue that if the people who sell their products in the actual marketplace do this, you can too. Though I’d agree that passing it through a filter or something to make it better resemble the foreground characters/props is a good plan.

Perky belly (left)? Or Heavy belly(right)? Disregard size, that can be changed at a whim.

More details (how) on deviantart, also in the full quality image if you zoom into the eyeball the perky belly version has a full reflection in the glass lens of her glasses and the effect is massively reduced for heavy belly girl, if you know, you wanted to vote on that too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

(just wanted to quickly say you can put up polls for these, might help you make questions like these)

• Perky belly (left)
  • Heavy belly (right)
  • Both. Both is good

0 voters

(do tell me if you want to set it up yourself though and I’ll take this one down, won’t do anything except remove already added votes, but y’know, you can)
(OR if you just want me to remove it cuz you want people to only vote via reactions on the thread, which is also fair)

Anyways
Haven’t looked at this thread in a bit, just wanna say I love what you’re doing, keep it up!, I have absolutely no clue as to how any of it works, but that’s why I leave it to the people that do lmao

as for my vote, I like both of them if I’m being honestly, you could possibly put different renders like this through a context like being stuffed vs not being stuffed. Idk, again, I have no idea what I’m talking about, but it’s a thought.
(Though, if you want a vote either way, I gotta go for the left one, just a slight preference I suppose)

On another note

Remember to mainly keep doing what you think is most fun, don’t push yourself to write code when you’d rather render. And feel free to ask for help! I’d love to sit down and help with some pieces of code! (feel free to DM me on that as well if you want to)

1 Like

It’s not really code so much as graphic design. I know how to make an ugly custom menu. I need to spruce it up with icons and colors. The code is the part I’m most confident in, then comes renders which I’ve just learning.
ATM I’m trying to draw some inspiration from newgrounds circa 2008 dating sims. Which is making me think I need to design a custom map screen, which again I can easily code, but I need to spurce it up and make it actually look engaging to click on endlessly.

There’s a lot of sex themed non-wg themed games out there that operate off of a custom map screen. I can try to get my design concepts from those. One worry I have is that 1 action per day would be awful, but I find games that model every hour of the day tedious and grindy. Which is sort of an open ended problem with no real solution.
I also still haven’t settled on any main female protagonists, I need to find a face I can willingly commit to for 100s or 1000s of renders.

The renders aren’t really a waste of time though, I’m focusing on scenes that would fit into the narrative of the game. Although so far I’ve only been putting any work into sidewalk in town, restaurant, bedroom, bathroom, and a game will need a dozen or two dozen more locations :smiley:

Hi there, you can always use photoshop for lowering almost all the usual picture formats but I also recommend using Riot optimizer app.
Mind you Riot cannot work with webp as well, but for example you can use it for lowering the size of a 100 mb png,jpg,bmp (and some other formats) without losing that much of a quality.
It also shows a comparison between the original and output lower sized version.

Honestly impressed with how much work you’re putting on the renders

Either way, the coding offer stands, in case you ever want an extra pair of typing hands

So is the problem more in the style design of things (i.e. the looks of the custom menu)
Or more on the game design? (i.e. if you want hours / 1 action ( / maybe an in-between, having an action every part of the day (morning, evening, etc.))

Image 1 or Image 2? (comparing only the effect of the lifting of the belly with the hands, I tried to improve it in image2 and I didn’t bother to re-render the background.)

• Image1 from above post
  • Image2 from above post

0 voters

Style design is what’s hurting me right now. Like I know how to code an always on the screen overlay full of stats and buttons that can be pressed. But it looks awful :smiley:

This is just some random images thrown together so I could test that the overlay of buttons was working. But I’m not at all happy with the appearance of the stats overlay bar. I’m not really sure what it’s missing but it still looks like a placeholder. Maybe it needs a custom font?

The stats overlay bar will also open custom menus, which look about the same at the moment {stats is the one I’m working on first}. Decent icons and images set on extremely generic plain color background.
I might try and replace the stats menu with a phone menu, phone’s look cool in other games I’ve played. I’m not sure I want my game to have smart phones though. As that would remove my ability to write seinfield style jokes about how life was pre-smartphone era.

Of course I’m also still in need of a character design I like enough to render 100s or 1000s of times (aka put in the game.) I need to create a face I actually like enough to be a main female character in the game. Some of the face mixes I’ve rendered so far are close. I am thinking I might actually add a female who is a side love interest to the game first. That way I get over the hump holding me back of not having found a face design I like enough to be the main character’s main love interest.
I also need to decide if I’ll be targeting the game at character’s who are 18-22 or characters who are 24-29.

Which essentially just boils down to a choice between a dozen scenes set in an office or a dozen scenes set in a school. Right now I want to pick 24-29 and office. More adult themes. But there are just so very many asset packs aimed at schools for some reason.

EDIT: Oh also the game also already has sound effects despite not having any content, because sound is very easy to add :stuck_out_tongue: Although I do wonder where I should get sound effects. I don’t want to steal them, but I’m not sure if a 1 second sound byte stolen from a 30 minute video even counts as stealing, because maybe 1 second sound bytes are fair use.

EDIT2: Early prototype for stats screen design, in this code the pictures are buttons you could click but I haven’t thought of a reason to do so yet.

Again the flaw here is I have no graphic design background so I don’t really have a clue how to make a menu look better than a generic ren’py menu :smiley:

EDIT3: Forgot to add a return to the game from the stats menu button, but it’s coded to work now.

2 Likes

Early prototype UI continued:
Added button color change hover:

Early prototype for a map screen:
Thumbnails will likely go in the holes in the frames, if I keep this photoalbum style of map.

Thanks for some tips from a friend on discord.

I could use some feedback on, should the overlay bar disappear on the stats and map screens? Should the return/close stats/map screen button be on the overlay or elsewhere?

1 Like

Just a few thoughts, but maybe they’ll work on your inspiration (I do just wanna say I have no background in this whatsoever either but y’know, I like to think along lmao)

What if, instead of a menu on a screen, you thought about some in-world items that could technically help do the things you wanna do?
Take the map, for example. Technically, it works as a way to travel, but you’ve used an in-world visual.

With that same logic, you could look at other things as well. What about using a notebook to track stats? Or a photo album?
Especially for menus you call on temporarily, you can go quite a bit creative on design

Screens that stay as an overlay can get a little more tricky, as you’ll have to take the amount of place they use into consideration, giving the option to hide those screens can help, though.
Imagine having a piece of paper (or, again, a notebook) with notes written on them at the top-ish right. You could make it so players can hide it, and it just slides to the side in such a way that it’s easily called upon again, but doesn’t use too much of the screen. (Basically, like showing some tabs which, in-world, could be bookmarkers sitting between pages)

A style like you have right there (black background, blue line) could work, but perhaps in a different setting, it feels like a more futuristic one, a digital world, A city of neon.
And that’s another way to look at it, if your game happens in nature, you could take leaves and such as inspiration, lots of greens, beautiful colorful flowers, the shades of orange from autumn leaves.

As for your follow up question

It completely depends on your design, I’d say. If it’s like a bar containing time of day and such, I’d keep it (i.e. you might want to double check if it’s evening of still afternoon before you go somewhere)
If you already have a design you can somewhat hide. there’s no reason to take that away either
But if it’s a permanent screen which would otherwise take place away from what you want to show on your map, I’d hide it.

As for the button to close the map, you could either use the same button, which you used to open the map, again or put a clear closing X somewhere (or both)
Just try to be consistent, if everything closes on X and one menu suddenly only closes if you press the open button again, it’ll get confusing

1 Like

I like the idea of tracking stats on a notebook, but a giant white screen would sear people’s eyes. Also the map screen is already a photobook, that map image is a free scrapbook background image. I made the frames on it also out of a scrapbook background image.
The blue outline for the bar is the default outline color in ren’py for a “frame”.
Although yeah, it doesn’t fit. Maybe I should create a new photo frame for the map screen, and then use the greyish black image to fill up the frame that’s the overlay at the top.

It’s still pretty early, I just need to get some sort of UI coded so I can start to see what’s wrong or could be done better.
It’s a little tougher to add the close map button to the top overlay because the top overlay functions separately from the stats or menu screen.
That’s why I went with the funky map background for the photo album style map screen though, the more standard pure white or beige photo album backgrounds I was scrolling through all felt like they’d be eye searingly white.

I do like the idea though of making the stats screen appear on paper. But I think it might also be nice if they had their own unique font, which as of yet I don’t know about (if it’s going to be words in a notepad it’d likely need to be a handwriting style font.)
I am thinking though maybe when you click a girl’s portrait it will load a new screen of stats on top of the current stats screen with more details information. (The images are already coded as buttons but I haven’t thought of anything to make those buttons do.)

TL;DR I studied all the ren’py documentaion on custom screens, but I’m not fully sure what all information I’m going to want/need.

Edit: Maybe I should code an image gallery preview system like forks had? Main reason I haven’t is I was hoping the forks dev might return to the forum and give permission to harvest some of their code for it, so making one myself might be a waste of time. hmmm

Edit2: Anyways you see why I was avoiding this work and just playing with more render stuff. It’s tough to figure out how you want your overall style to look when you’re a bit clueless on 2d graphic design.

1 Like

Frame or Label or Both?

The frame’s will get a tooltip on the image, if I went with tags I’d just change the color on the tag. Now obviously red is the wrong color for tooltips here, but well I’m open to suggestions on what color would be better.

• Tags below thumbnails
  • Frames around thumbnails
  • Both at the same time?

0 voters

1 Like

Okay so I got it working so I can do small animated faces as side images. This is a 2 second video clip loop.

This is the video, it would loop infinitely while a character was talking to you in the game.
talking animation with anilip2.zip (711.7 KB)

I’m not fully happy with the animation mostly because the eyes don’t move at all and it looks a bit funny… but if talking head animated sprites are distracting rather than engaging, well, I’ll scrap the feature instead of working to improve the animation.

One flaw atm is that as this is a movie file the transparency is lost, maybe this is why this is usually done as a series of images in ATL, but that sort of fix turning this small video clip into 20-30 images in sequence falls under the category of a fix I’d only bother with if this is a feature people want.

• Animated talking heads as sprites in the corner to show who is talking?
  • It’s distracting and silly and not engaging and not worth the effort.

0 voters

I got transparent movies to work, I think the current plan is to play the 1 second loop of lip animation just once every time a female character speaks.

Then it will freeze into a still image that is a single frame of the image series that made the animation. The animation is set up to work like an infinite loop, but the looping is turned off, meaning the still image should roughly naturally be animated into.

Lemme know if this lip animation is awful and how you’d recommend changing it, speed and exaggeratedness are easily tweaked.

talkinggerthadoublespeed.zip (49.9 KB)

The white part of the video file is technical nonsense ren’py needs.

1 Like

Easy to read utilitarian programmer designed menu?

or

Take this concept and make it actually decent by maybe making it two pages side by side and larger writing?

• A fancier stats menu is a waste of time, it’s better to just display information clearly like in fattening career.
  • Waste a bunch of time trying to make a prettier menu screen, it could be immersive and make the game more engaging.

0 voters

I’ve got a python dictionary now setup to play sound effects, accepting as input a string for the type of sound effect and a number that I may or may not use to cap the random result or specify the specific sound.

It’s pretty elegant, thanks to discord tips on sites to find a whole bunch of sound effects on. It’s sort of tough though to rank the sound effects, like my thinking was girls at higher stages of progression would have more epic belches than girls at lower stages of progression, but well, I don’t really have any rational on how to rank the sound effects. But it’s no big loss, I could always just let the random number generator pick any of the sound effects that apply, if I can’t find a way to rank them in order, hmm.

All the script needs is :

call playNoise("zipper",1)

or

call playNoise("belch",3)

Then the subroutine plays:

play sound renpy.random.choice(thisdict[soundtype])

if ignoring the number
or

play sound "{}".format(thisdict[soundtype][rng])

if I can think of a useful way to rank the noises :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been working on a dictionary for food menu items, and it now works also.

$renpy.say(g,"I will now dynamically pull something out of a menu referencing a dictionary. "+str(tempfood)+" costs "+str(foodDict[tempfood]['price'])+"")

I also am considering expanding the food dictionary to reference the noise dictionary so that.

call playNoise(foodDict["soda"]["soundtype"],foodDict["soda"]["soundnumber"])

Will lookup what type of sound someone makes when eating a soda, which I’ve currently set to “gulp” and which gulping sound effect from the noisedictionary should be used with which specific soda, but atm I only have 1 gulp noise.

I got all this working, but it’s overkill so I might never use it.

Also I might better of making each food item a class object, then making a menu a list of food objects, then each food item could report on things like price/calories/description/assioatedsoundfile… Instead of how it is now in dictionaries with key values :confused: hmm.

Edit: Sidenote, I have a lot more respect for tonbelly’s pace of delivering content now. Sometimes a feed my affection release won’t have as much dialogue or as many images as a fan might want. But all the new minigames and features tonbelly adds in some updates, well, this coding nonsense is a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be, even knowing how to code in general, ren’py is constantly tripping me up and wasting my time :slight_smile:

1 Like