How have you completed (or not) Orion's quest?

I’m curious as to which paths people are following on this quest, so it’s time for a poll! To try and avoid spoilers I’ve kept the outcomes somewhat vague. Tick as many as you’ve done (any version 0.26 and up):

• Everyone’s dead Dave
  • Bloodshed and compromise
  • No one has to die
  • I’ve made some new friends
  • Friends with benefits
  • Friends reunited
  • I lied, big time!
  • I failed

0 voters

Hopefully these will make sense. If needed I’ll clarify them behind spoiler tags.

2 Likes

Liking this just for the Red Dwarf reference.

I couldn’t resist throwing that in, glad you appreciated it.

how do you finish Orion’s quest?

First up, welcome to the Weight Gaming boards!

Without giving too much away, what you need to do is:

1. Start the quest by speaking to the stranger in the pub.
  2. Go find where his business partner is in the mine; there are several paths to reaching this point.
  3. Go back to Orion and tell him what you’ve found out.

the queen became overcome with lust and orgasmed in front of me while i just stood there watching, as the part human she apparently is going to marry laid dead on the floor, i guess this counts as other.

That’s class! I’ve honestly not seen that happen, but I know it’s one of a small number of edge cases that could.

and i dont know how to finish the quest because theres no options to talk with orion when i come back, i think its a glitch.

I tried aiming for the ‘made some new friends’ outcome a few times, but still end up with ‘no one has to die’. (I think.)

I gorged myself on custard until I became a kobold myself. Why wouldn’t I wanna be a kobold?~

EDIT: Aw nevermind they’re not THOSE Kobolds.

well when i get to the throne room the guards decide to attack me and all i did was talk to rochaine and follow her around a bit so i kill those fuckers then i get the queen and shes all like in british accent i imgaine “parley” i parley with her talk to asshole he says he wont go home and i fucking leave.

That’s a valid (if sub-optimal) outcome. Finish talking to Arawan, and report back to Orion.

In version 0.47, talking to Arawin gets these errors:

• Warning: ReflectUtil: cannot convert value “Boolean:true” to a java.lang.String
  • Warning: Eval error: cannot convert value “true” to a java.lang.String at “setProp(‘arawan.met’, true);” in “$0.setProp(‘arawan.met’, true);”.

Made the account just to report on this; apologies if you’ve already caught it.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for that! I’ve only ever had one other report of this, and have never been able to reproduce it, but that actually gave me a clue to what was wrong and I’ve put a fix (or suspected fix) into the next version.