How much plot should there be in a fetish game?

  • It’s very important, I prefer a coherent and compelling story with fetish elements rather than just fetish porn with a plot attached.
  • I want a good story that integrates its fetish, but not in a meta-narrative or self-referential, ironic way.
  • It depends on the plot and the specific fetish/I like it either way.
  • I’d prefer to have my fetishes front and center, with a convincing and conveying plot weaving them together, rather than them being the special feature.
  • I’m here for the smut, the story only has to act as a loose framing device.
0 voters

6 Answers

6

It really does depend on the fetish, I think. But it definitely should weave into the story, without being ‘lmao fat’.

if a good game has less smut it’s still a good game
if a bad game has more smut it’s still a bad game

I mean, I think it heavily depends on the genre. If it’s an RPG or visual novel, then I think a cohesive and interesting plot underneath all the fetish elements really elevates the experience. But, if it’s a simulator or anything more gameplay focused, I think no story is completely fine.

While I very much prefer an actual plot in my games, it does also depend on the type of game in question.

RPG/Visual Novel? Story needs to be front and centre.
Platformer? Gameplay above all else.
Simulation/minigame? Fetish is the clear focus.

That’s not to say these are the only aspects you need for each genre, but they are the ones that will keep me playing the most. And please, avoid the trap of the fetish being the punishment.

My most honest answer is “it depends”, for the reasons people already stated. I like the whole range if it’s done well! But that’s not very informative, so I voted in the story direction, for two reasons:

  • good sims are easier to find than good stories
  • stories “go stale” while sims keep their replay value

It seems like the choices are meant to be a linear scale from most to least story-based, but options 2 and 4 sound the same to me. I would have picked 1 but “with fetish elements” sounds like half-measures, so 2 it is.

Ultimately I just need it to be a Good Game. If that means story and plot, cool. If it means strong mechanics, also cool. But if the only thing compelling me to keep going is more lewd material? Nah.