How to machine translate Japanese RPG maker games

It is hard to say without some more information? What game are you translating? What sort of errors are you getting? Did the game run before you tried translating it?

okay well the game is called “the evil village that keeps getting fat” it is a game made by RPG maker, which at the same time is the sequel to the game called “the hose of the fat” very good games, and if I have played them in their original Japanese language, and they have run fine without any errors when playing, but when trying to translate “the evil that keeps…” I get multiple code errors at certain times and more when I enter into mode fight, as it is not in turn but a game of action, when you enter combat the “Z” and “C” buttons are blocked to fight, and sometimes the enemies do not hurt me at all, and it does not matter if I only translate a single map they are blocked at once, but instead when I am exploring and interact with objects or people with the “Z” button it works completely fine, that is the problem I had with the translation, I hope I have understood

1 Like

I helped someone with that game a while back, the issue is that it uses a lot of plugins which can mess things up if you translate the wrong thing. It was mostly just trial and error to figure out what caused the bugs but this translation file should work I think. You just have to unzip it and put into the data folder. The translation will be pretty rough but hopefully it is playable

translation.zip (266.7 KB)

okay I tried it and it seemed like a good translation, and I think that now I can understand the plot more than when I try to translate the game on my own or using google translator when I play it but entirely in Japanese, it’s really a bother to do it like this, thank you very much ^^

Although one question, do you happen to have the previous game also translated? I translated it but I feel that it does not match what I translated, sorry for the inconvenience

I don’t remember the name of the previous game but I don’t think I would be able to make a better translation than whatever you ended up making. You can try different translator services in Translator++ (I think it default to Google) but sometimes machine translations will be rough.

Only real solution is to pay someone that knows the language to translate/localize the game or try to do it manually yourself just using the machine translation as a base.

If the game you extracted doesn’t have the www folder initially then you have to extract it in data folder i guess

Bro 655.27 MB file on MEGA
This game also shows the syntax error . What to do

Does anyone know what this basically means? Everything else worked entirely fine and well! :slight_smile:

it’s prob a bit late to ask. But what if only the menu and interface seem to be translated and in game text isn’t? I mean stuff like dialogue text and such. It does seem to be translated in the programm, but when i get into the game, only menu appears to be on english

I have this problem on editing common event for The Evil Village That Keeps Getting Fat , it shows this error message

you can see I only edit one row in the common event and it already got the game error when I get hit by an enemy attack which is kinda weird, I don’t know how to fix though