I made an immersive Skyrim Weight Gain/Loss Mod

What’s your nexusmods page? I wanna go follow/bookmark/whatever.

Is it morph-based? Node scaling? Or actor weight? There are still no SE mods for the last one.

For that matter, is this mod for Skyrim Classic, or Skyrim SE/AE?

1 Like

Adding my voice to asking this.

Sounds awesome! Did you mean to share a link to it?

Interesting; I’ve historically used a combination of weightmorphs and realistic needs and diseases, before recently taking a look at bodymod/weightmod which has been unfortunately held back by the recent skyrim modpocalypse (it relies on skyrim platform which is as of now unpatched).

If this mod is compatible with the rest of my current labyrinthine load order (the important ones for this mod are probably 3BA, CPBC, Faster HDT-SMP) and can recreate and/or add to the features of the earlier mentioned similar mods, then I’d be more than happy to give it a whirl.

2 Likes

I have no intention of releasing this on the Nexus due to their policy changes they made a while ago. However once I publish my mod it will be available for free on my personal website.

2 Likes

It is primarily morph based as it uses the same methods for those as WeightMorphs does. However to guarantee a consistent “Weight to Morphs” ratio the actor weight is also utilized in the entire process as well. When you create your character your actual weight will be based of the actor weight you set it to. From there the weight changes based on the rest of the mechanics.

Latest Skyrim Special Edition version. I haven’t tested it on AE yet but it would probably won’t take too much work to get it done.

I am using custom CBBE HDT model (including proper belly jiggle :stuck_out_tongue:) I made myself so it should at least not screw up your game. As long as the armor and body you use is/for CBBE you’re goodie.

3 Likes

Well, since I am using Skyrim AE and this modification was made for SE I think I better ask before testing it out for myself:
According to your screenshot there is a “Belly” size. Can you tell me please how exactly “Belly” size change in your modification? Is it made just like in basic “WeightMorphs” where belly dynamically increase in size each time character eat some food or not?

The way you gain weight is completely different from WeightMorphs. Every single food item in the game has certain values for Calories and Nutrition. You eat food, it goes into your stomach. Throughout the next 24 ingame hours the game gradually processes said food and based on what is inside your stomach VS. what you need (based on your overall weight and playstyle) you gain or loose weight. This way, you can eat carrots all day and loose weight, or you can stuff yourself with sweetrolls and become fat over time.

In a nutshell: No, you don’t instantly get your belly big by eating a bunch of bread as WeightMorphs does it. Instead, you accumulate fat over time and also can’t get rid of that fat gut as fast as you may like.

Of course, everything is customizable so you can tweak it to your liking :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I forgot to mention, certain body parts, for example, the belly becomes bigger based on i.e. a higher fat value, so every player character will look somewhat unique based on what exactly they eat because every single food item has different values. It is not all just “Light, Medium, Heavy”.

2 Likes

Is there a max weight that you plan on stopping around? / What’s the limit before the morph starts to look buggy atm?

There is no weight limit, however the armor sets I modeled start to look a bit funky around +120kg

1 Like

IIRC, as long as it’s compatible with SE, it should be compatible with AE. It’s LE (Legacy Edition) that requires a different version of mods because of the changes between the two engines (LE was only a 32-bit engine, while SE/AE use the newer 64-bit engine and other improvements from the Fallout 4 engine).

1 Like

What’s your personal website? You haven’t linked it yet I don’t think?

2 Likes

I’m gonna link it once the mod is done and I have written a small install guide. Shouldn’t be too complicated for people since it uses the same libraries as WeightMorphs.

2 Likes

Could there be a setting to change from kg to lbs

4 Likes

Yup. That is also in the works.

1 Like