I may may not (totally need) help with making Java work with this

i literally broke my computer’s java beyond use and no matter how many times i reinstall java 8, i get this when trying to open the game, wich leads to a loop of trying to select an app to run the game

Anybody could help me fix this wonderland-sized mess?

1 Like

Try Jarfix Jarfix

It still seems to be associated with Java 17. You can always run the jar from console.

• Add environment variable JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-8 (replace with directory where you installed Java 8)
  • Add %JAVA_HOME%\bin to environment variable PATH at the very top of the list
  • Open cmd, type java -version, it should show Java 8
  • In cmd go to the directory where your jar is, using cd.
  • Run with: java -jar XYZ.jar (XYZ = your jar file name)

I’m not quite sure about this, but there are two “types” of java: jdk and jre
jdk (java development kit) is for programming
jre (java runtime environment) is for executing stuff
could be i mixed those two up, so dont take my word for that.

anyway, you could try reinstalling the jre. It looks like a file is called the wrong way, not like there is a file missing, so maybe the issue isn’t in the jdk

idk managing different java versions and path variables are enough of a pain i just opened it as an intellij project and set the version in the run profile thing and ran it from that

Sorry for the delay in answering. The simplest fix is to edit the included start.bat, uncomment (ie. remove the REM) these two lines:

REM set JAVA_HOME=C:\Dev\jdk1.8.0_25
REM set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%

and edit the first one to provide the location of your Java8 install. Then use start.bat to launch it.