I finally thought up a design and a little race(M.I.E.E - Machine Integrated Energy Entity) for the character I made and I’m happy with all my touch ups and modifications. I thought of a race that contains energy easily and its cellular wall can divide, dismantle and rebuild whatever it needs to use the energy in its cyto-skeleton. Its a big cell that that has better movement and form generation so its a race of humanoid cell people. I made versions with robotic limbs for fun since the concept was energy and I was thinking it could power the rings on the ends of the limbs to use them. There is also another monster for fun and it was mostly practice with putting a lot of circles together and this was the result, a chonky spooder. The sapling from the other day has his walking sprites but his legs could use some work and I need movement for his leaves. There are some practice drawings with examples of me trying different styles through observation and you could tell their not as nice looking as previous drawings and I just think pixel art clicks for me compared to the other mediums. The last thing I have here is some practice of 3d models since I want more references for drawing but I can’t find much on the subtle movements online. I will say that doing a bunch of vertexes and making planes from scratch over a picture is way harder for me than just hand sculpting something from a shape. Some will say this will burn me out but its ok, I don’t do this every waking moment, just when I feel like making something. I have other characters but I don’t think their done cooking in the oven yet.
I do have question to ask and its for designing a race or set of characters. I put together a list of things I could think of but feel like it lacks something but I can’t tell. I made a little text file(Here’s a screenshot of it in the grid) with the idea I have for an Io moth woman named Ione (I know how original).
Sorry for talking your ear off, but I wanted to show what I’ve been doing and also my question of Ione.












