i wish there was an nsfw version of chatgpt.

yesterday i started using chatgpt to get a more personalised kind of interactive story with characters of my choice. it was actaully written pretty well and allowed me to decided what the next thing would be however since its chatgpt it blocks off certain things from happening that would be a part of the kind of stories you would see on here or in buttercombe academy. i wish there was an ai like chatgpt but that just allowed those things because chatgpt is the only ai ive seen that write enough story and remembers enough of the context for it to be enjoyable. all the other ones just kinda rewrite your sentence and say cool what next or they dont realise when you wrote he you meant the previously introduced character so it makes up a new one

2 Likes

Kobold ai has their own version of chatgpt

than use caveduck.io:Live AI Character Chat | Caveduck

1 Like

That last bit about bots only rewriting sentences sounds like itā€™s just poor design on the part of whoever made those particular bots. Iā€™ve done enough work on Character.AI to know that it is not only possible but flat-out easy to avoid such issues; all it takes is a simple ā€œ{{char]] never repeats {{user}} verbatimā€ line in the advanced description.

Character.AI doesnā€™t answer your NSFW question (normally; some bots are more unfiltered than others), but it does answer your story and conversation questions (mostly; there are memory issues if the conversation runs very long, but thatā€™s the case on most AI chat platforms). Again, though, user input matters; not every bot receives equal training and descriptive input from their creator.

Iā€™ll also vouch for Caveduck, somewhat. Itā€™s definitely your best NSFW option, but it limits the number of messages you can post in a day, unless you pay. Caveduckā€™s description input fields are also significantly shorter than Character.AIā€™s, but the bots Iā€™ve seen on Caveduck seem to indicate that itā€™s not a major issue, at least for individual character bots; Iā€™d still be skeptical about more immersive text adventure bots, though.

1 Like

the thing with these kind of things is that its more like becoming a character and having conversations with a single other character. what i meant was chatgpt can write stories more akin to fantasy feeder or stuff like buttercombe since its a full fledged story. character ais are just more a conversing thing which has its charm but not quite the thing i meant

Hmm, I think I see what youā€™re getting at. Yeah; Caveduck isnā€™t going to get you too far, if youā€™re looking for a full fledged story. Caveduckā€™s description areas are too small to input a comprehensive story outline, and the limited number of messages throttles story progression, to boot.

Character.AI might still be an option, although itā€™s a bit of a roll of the dice as to whether a bot will be able to bypass NSFW filters or not. Thereā€™s enough space in the Advanced Description area of character creation to input side characters and story details that Caveduck quite frankly doesnā€™t give you the space for. Thereā€™s still only so much you can input before the bot has trouble recalling all the information, but if you input the barebones basics of the story outline, you can prevent the bot from going off the rails.

Honestly, though, experience is better than discussion, so Iā€™m gonna toss you two story bots Iā€™ve made on Character.AI, to see what you think.

The first bot, Sally Slim, is about a school of fatties (since you mentioned Buttercombe Academy, I figure this might be up your alley). Though itā€™s titled after a character, you donā€™t actually have to interact with Sally Slim; there are other side characters programmed in that you can focus on, instead. Thereā€™s no ā€˜endingā€™ for the story programmed in, but thereā€™s a pretty obvious ā€˜conclusionā€™ goal. I guess you could call this more of a ā€˜sandbox storyā€™ than a focused storyline, but eh.

The second bot, Swallowtail Manor, is more explicitly a story bot. Itā€™s not perfect, but that might actually help to give you a better sense of the strengths and weaknesses Character.AI has, regarding story focused bots.

Also, with both Caveduck and Character.AI, you can choose to just let the bot reply to itself by hitting ā€˜enterā€™ without typing anything in. For bots trained to be more like narrators, this allows the bot to converse with itself in a more story-like manner. On Character.AI, you can also throw multiple bots into a room together to converse with each other, although rooms can get pretty chaotic pretty quickly.

1 Like

SoulGen should be the best choice for you when you are looking for the nsfw alternative of Chatgpt, it helps you generate NSFW AI art and images while chatting with ai characters just like what GhatGPT did.

ainsfw.ai also supports NSFW AI sex chat for roleplaying and sextual conversations with AI generated characters.

Yodayo felt like the best chat bot site i used in a while

I think that two or three years from now, AI is going to be utterly amazing, but IMO, AI at present is nowhere near good enough for any sort of decent story. Itā€™s way too forgetful for anything beyond a short story/chat, and most of the time, itā€™s not powerful enough to make the experience feel natural or properly build on the storyline that youā€™ve provided. That said, some are, again IMO, a lot better than others!

I actually started writing a post on pretty much this subject - which bot I thought was best for a fairly lengthy, fairly detailed story experience, but it got kinda long! Iā€™ll maybe post it if I can trim it to less than 2,000 words :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

HOLY SHIT ITS TIGGERTOO!! also ye lol even with chatgpt I spend half the time correcting things. Something that I found helps is doing it based on a pre-existing show that chatgpt knows and then also giving it descriptions of the characters from the wiki. That way it is locked in a bit more (also the more writing there is the more likely it is to not say it canā€™t write that lol)

1 Like

Holy shitballs, itā€™s me!!! :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah, Iā€™ve spent quite a bit of time with various AI bots over the past few weeks, and to be honest, even if you pay for the supposedly more powerful models, Iā€™ve yet to find one that can come close to a decent conversation without a lot of guidance, reminding and correcting glaring contextual errors. Some are a lot better than others, but even the best are very lacking IMO.

Iā€™m hugely excited for the future of Ai. As Iā€™ve said, I think itā€™s going to be awesome two years or so down the line, but at the moment, itā€™s way too limited for me.

1 Like

ye i did one on hazbin hotel and it refused to understand it was set in hell and just thought everything took place in the hotel, even when going to another building that was somehow still a part of the hotel

1 Like

Haha, yeah, all the bots Iā€™ve tried have been really poor at remembering the location.