Idea for species potions

I know the human potion exists but, if you don’t start as a human and you get changed, you can’t change back to what you were. Sorry if requests aren’t okay, just wanted to ask about it.

I do have plans to have a “reset” potion at some point that will reverse the changes that have happened. The game already records the species you start as, so it is definitely do-able. Once shops are implemented it would be one of the things you can buy. It won’t be cheap though! Replacement clothing and a laundry service are also on the shopping list.

In general there will be two ways to complete any given quest, one involving transformation (this is a transformation-centric game after all), and a sometimes harder one that avoids the transformation elements. That way if a given transformation doesn’t appeal it can be avoided. It’s already possible to complete the “first weapon” quest without being transformed at all.

[quote=“dingotush, post:2, topic:985”]I do have plans to have a “reset” potion at some point that will reverse the changes that have happened. The game already records the species you start as, so it is definitely do-able. Once shops are implemented it would be one of the things you can buy. It won’t be cheap though! Replacement clothing and a laundry service are also on the shopping list.

In general there will be two ways to complete any given quest, one involving transformation (this is a transformation-centric game after all), and a sometimes harder one that avoids the transformation elements. That way if a given transformation doesn’t appeal it can be avoided. It’s already possible to complete the “first weapon” quest without being transformed at all.[/quote]

Reminds me of Corruption of Champions.
If you started as a human it’s not very easy to be human again if you’ve messed with transformitives.

I actually kind of like it when the player is held to consequences like that. In real life changing your body radically is usually irreversible.

Speaking of which are there any racial perks planned? It’d be pretty cool if you receive and lose perks via transformation.

[quote=“Serathinian, post:3, topic:985”]Reminds me of Corruption of Champions.
If you started as a human it’s not very easy to be human again if you’ve messed with transformitives.

I actually kind of like it when the player is held to consequences like that. In real life changing your body radically is usually irreversible.[/quote]

Absolutely! Without consequences the transformative aspect becomes just a description change, not part of the game play itself.

Players might not have realised it yet, but the trapped bridge in the mine has a minimum weight required to trigger it, and a maximum size that will actually pass through.

I have been considering racial perks and hinderances too., but they aren’t implemented yet. An obvious route would be to adjust the classic RPG stats (str, int, dex etc) in line with your species. Certain species may have other (sexual) advantages too. I’m toying with the idea of time-of-day changes; some creatures more active during the day, night, or at dawn and dusk. It could also affect sleep patterns; felines, for example, needing more sleep but benefiting more from quick naps - that may be too irritating though. Not sure.

What is already in place is different sizes of creatures and whether or not they can get into certain sized doorways and so forth.

Then there’s animals that can swim or fly. Swimming isn’t so much of a problem, but flying is. There needs to be some way to stop the PC from just flying over obstacles that act as puzzles or advancing to harder areas of the game before they are ready. I’m not at all sure how to handle that. Maybe just not have any winged characters as a starting race, and only make the transformative item available late enough in the game to make it so the player is aware of the consequences.

I do have a question, where are the potions even at? I know they’re in the game, I just don’t know where.

The human potion was removed in version 0.23 (2017-12-10) as it was just a work around for the versions before there was a character generator and you always started as a vulpine. Kobold potions are still available in game if you befriend the Kobold queen.