Ideas for Furry Inflation RPG/Top Down Game?

So I have sprites with different stages of inflation for an RPG overworld game, but trying to think of ideas to make such a top down game work has proven difficult. I wanted to ask for any ideas people might have that could work well? Any suggestions would be welcomed :3

2 Likes

My mind immediately goes to Smasher and the Will o’ the Thiccs when thinking of a top-down inflation game. If making it as an RPG, then you should consider in what ways the inflation can be used as an actual game mechanic. In that regard one of the first things I think of is the Mario & Luigi games where Mario has to chug and spit water for puzzle-solving purposes (but in this case ramped up to 11, cuz’ inflation). Continuing on the water theme, perhaps an enemy breathes fire and you have water magic or something. Spray a gush of water in his gob and suddenly that dangerous fire-breather is now a steam-filled balloon.

Obviously I’m making a few assumptions about what kind of game you have in mind. When you say overworld RPG, I think of something like Zelda: A Link to the Past. But hey, you asked for ideas and I started spitballing.

2 Likes

Yeah those are great ideas! I was thinking of a tropical island/summer setting as well so I definitely love the water ideas! X3

1 Like

The best example of a traditional top-down RPG with furry wg/inflation elements is The Big Fat Vore RPG: The Big Fat Vore RPG

(Don’t let the name fool you, it’s mostly inflation and weight gain. There’s only a handful of vore elements)

I’d also recommend checking out Kobold Kommandos by the same author. They do a really good job working fetish elements into an RPG setting, and both those games are a great place to take inspiration from IMO. Also just good games in general.

2 Likes