I'm Working on a Rimworld Mod

It’s a vanillla expanded storyteller that randomly changes global stats midgame such as damage of a certain weapon or growth speed of a plant. It can range from something as timid as a heightened toxic sensitivity on a cassowary to human hunger rate x3. Most of the stats affected are available in the scenario editor, and there isn’t anything wildly technical like max map condition length increase/decrease.

The point being that if you could make it an option about weight gain (like metabolism and calories per meal) in the scenario editor, then it would (probably) be available to be “patched” by that storyteller which could make it that much more fun.

Interesting, at a glance it seems like Oskar might be compatible as is, however I have no idea how it finds Def values to change, so there is a chance he could break the game by changing some arbitrary value that needs to be within a certain range. I can’t think of anything that I’d expect to break off the top of my head, but there is a risk.

But as long as Oskar doesn’t break everything it’ll definitely be cool to have to deal with the chaos that ensues from food suddenly being way more fattening or pawns becoming ravenously hungry.

If you do eventually add more sprites but delay compatibility, I would love to have the option to download the previous versions alongside the latest, since I am far too used to playing with the different clothing and armour

as of right now you can actually get rid of harmony being inside the mod itself, it’s been made an external dependency since 1.1

1 Like

Interesting, I wasn’t aware of that. And actually I should probably have removed Harmony anyways since I didn’t end up using it yet, I forgot I was playing with it for a while before I uploaded the mod here.

Just checking to see if any progress has been made on the mod, I am super duper excited for it. Though one question, for the sprites, do you the belly’s to be more round, or do you intend for them to have a lot of rolls? Just wondering.

I am the person who draw sprites for this. I don’t want to show how they look yet, but in a few first weight phases belly look round. When girl grow bigger and bigger belly getting look more of double fat rolls like that:

Picture is just to show what I mean about double fat rolls on belly (author of picture is Pewbutt).
However, there will be stuffing system with three different belly sizes for each weight phase. So, when girl eat food her belly get bigger and rounder untill stomach is full of food.

1 Like

That’s really good to know, thanks! I am glad your drawing the sprite’s for the mod, as I’m a big fan of your fallout 4 mod.

So I was testing the mod out, and one thing I noticed is that I can’t seem to find any sort of diet control. Maybe I missed it but perhaps it would be a good idea to have a system where you can control what your colonists eat and how much?

So initially I did want a diet control, however, implementing a feature like that would be difficult and take a considerable amount of time. I really don’t have that much free time to work on this at the moment, so I’ve decided not to have a diet control. This may change in the future, but right now it’s too early to say when that might be, and I have some ideas for things I’d rather add first.

But controlling the diets of colonists is obviously important, so I’ve added in “snacks” as an easier alternative. Basically snack foods are treated as drugs by the game, so you can set a policy/schedule for colonists to consume them on (ex. you can make colonists eat ice cream up to 3 times a day if their mood is below a certain level). Right now the only snacks are chips (they can be crafted with a food processor, a new building added by the mod that must be researched), but I’m planning on adding more in future (I’ve already got ice cream in the upcoming version).

So if you want certain pawns to eat enough to be fat, the easiest way to do that is going to be to either make pawns eat better meals (ex. fine meals) and/or set a schedule for them to eat snack foods using the drug policy menu.

2 Likes