Hello, I’m working on a weight gain mod for Rimworld. This is my first mod for Rimworld so I’m trying things out and learning as I go, but I think I’ve got something workable at the moment. I intend on working on it more, but I’m not sure for how long or how much.
So far all I’ve got is the basic weight gain functionality (including some visual changes) and a few items, and I’m working on tweaking values so that the weight gain progresses at a reasonable pace.
I’ve never posted a mod before so feedback is more then welcome.
I made it for Rimworld 1.3, and it should be work fine with the Royalty and Ideology DLC’s (not sure about other mods).
Mod Link (Latest 0.3.0.0): File on MEGA
Stuff in the mod so far:
- weight gain (10 weight levels, 3 visual levels[default thin, average and fat sprites]).
- diet bar: whenever you eat food, you’ll gain diet points that will slowly convert into fat as you digest the food.
- snack foods: unhealthy foods that are treated as a drugs by the game (so you can use the drug policy menu to make pawns eat snacks on a schedule). Only chips and soda right now, they can be made with a food processor
- diet pills: pills to help fat colonists lose weight. Beware, abusing diet pills can lead to heart attacks and addiction, and once a pawn is addicted to diet pills they’ll actually gain more weight once in withdrawal.
- junkfood trader: a tradeship that will buy and sell stuff relating to this mod
- feedee trait: feedee’s get a mood boost for being fat
- bloatberries: bloatberries have a chance to cause “bloatberry expansion”; a dangerous affliction that turns the victim’s skin blue and inflates their body with delicious bloatberry juice. If a pawn is expanding from bloatberries, a doctor can try and drain the juice from them every 6 hours (better medical skill yields better results). This gives you bloatberry juice and prevents disaster; if a pawn is not drained fast enough they’ll eventually burst from the pressure. Bloatberry expansion will eventually wear off over time.
- more visual weight levels
- more snacks (possibly more interesting snacks?)
- more traits
- possibly weaponized bloatberries?