Copying from “In Browser Games”, lest I forget how to do this again.
It is possible to run Yaffaif in browser still if you have Internet Explorer and then the Java 8 runtime installed. IE is the last of the browsers that still supports the old plugin technology.
It’s a bit of a hack, but here goes (Windows 10 - but similar steps work from XP onwards):
- Install Java 8 runtime if you don’t have it already from java.com
- Click on the windows logo, and type Java, click on Configure Java. This starts the Java Control Panel.
- Click on the Security tab, go down to the Exception Site list, and click Edit Site List
- In the pop-up click on Add then paste into the new box
- A warning pops up, click Continue, then OK on the first pop-up to close it.
- Click on Apply in the original Java Control Panel.
- Start Internet Explorer it won’t work with Edge. Windows Logo, type internet, click on Internet Explorer.
http://wolfnose.org/fur/plump/gamefxapplet.htmlin to the address bar. You may need to agree to enabling the Java plugin.
- Scroll down, and after a short delay you should see the game running!
I’m not sure how much longer IE will exist, and this continue to work. When I started development this worked in all browsers (except Opera I think).