šŸ’œ Insatiable Hearts [v0.1.3B] - A monsterfucker+Weight gain Twine Game

One more bug fixing patch for the supporter update. Public version will be coming out in a few days ~

V0.1.1D SUB - Patch 3: - (06/01/22)
x Fixed an error that would trigger when trying to stuff oneā€™s self with the canteen
x Fixed Mystery Potions not being removed after use
x Fixed an error that would occur when selling milkbloom petals to Delphi
x Fixed Bitter-bean Brew borking the calories variable
x Fixed Wilderberry not applying stats to the player properly
x Fixed Some status effects having broken timers applied to the player
x Fixed the player not gaining weight after being kept in the broodbeast nest
x Fixed an error that would sometimes caused the medstation to only play the status curing event
x Fixed the playerā€™s ā€œheavyā€ status being removed upon curing status effects and changed how non timer based status effects are tracked and assigned

• Added scroll to bottom and scroll to top buttons on the changelog so itā€™s easier to navigate
8 Likes

Version 0.1.1D is now public, including the 3 patches.
This version introduces Delphiā€™s potion shop, some kink scenes with her and a broodbeast oviposition encounter in the ruins, among other small additions.

I was going to have this version released earlier, but I wanted to have V0.1.1E finished for supporters first. Alas Iā€™ve been quite busy and yall have been patient. So, enjoy! V0.1.1E will be coming soon to supporters, itā€™ll be including a handful of new encounters, an overhaul of the playerā€™s customization, and the introduction of the transformation system ~

Insatiable Hearts V0.1.1D PUB.zip (373.4 KB)

11 Likes

This is so good! Iā€™m currently stuck between the milk/cow and the blueberry scenes for my favourite scenes and Iā€™m exited to see how they come along~ The ovi scene is a close contender tho! The amount of content youā€™ve made already is insane and Iā€™m hyped for the next update!

2 Likes

Gosh thank you! Iā€™m glad youā€™re enjoying it

Iā€™m enjoying making it! The biggest downside is thereā€™s never enough time and I want to make content faster haha

By the time I finish one scene Iā€™ve thought up 3 more scenarios to peruse.

7 Likes

How do you get the cow scene?

Go to the meadow from the swamp, find the monastery. Find the flowers in the meadow and pick them.

1 Like

Then just keep eating them?

Im not exactly sure what cow scene theyā€™re referring too as I donā€™t really have one yet. But as far as milk goes, the flower petals cause breast growth and lactation. Thereā€™s also the monastery in the meadow weā€™re you can talk to some cow folk and drink milk, but itā€™s not all that interactive yet

Thereā€™s also a milk scene with Delphi (the potion maker found under the harbor after you find her in the swamp and give her the rare pink herb)

On occasion you can find her compromised in one of her own experiments. One of which is milk inflation themed ~

3 Likes

Finally tried this, am enjoying it so far. Fryfli is particular is my favorite monstergirl which is a bit surprising since amphibians arenā€™t usually my thing :P.
Have noticed a bug in the new encounter though.

3 Likes

So Iā€™m finding this game really interesting so far! I do have a few comments though.

Baronet encounter:
I feel like these transactions should come with a cost or limit associated with them. Off the top of my head, a limited number of transactions per encounter, and for the fat removal, maybe it could also reduce vitality while also giving the player money. For the fat injection, maybe it could simply also cost money.
Also, for me at least, the relationship with the Baronet just isnā€™t saving at all. The encounter acts as if itā€™s the first encounter every time.

Wilderberry event:
Pocketing the berry doesnā€™t put it in the inventory.

Kipā€™s camp:
Thereā€™s no way to leave outside of debug.

Regarding the weight gain portion of the game in general:
Not sure if the customization overhaul involves that, but I do have my own suggestions regarding that:
You seem to already have some systems in place, or at least plans for, things like muscle gain, as well as fat distribution. Iā€™d like to see that expanded a bit, if itā€™s possible.

The way that I could see it happening is to set a ā€œbase weightā€ based on standard BMI calculation. I feel like a good base for that would be a BMI of 10 (or maybe 12), so you set the playerā€™s base weight as (weight in kg) = 10 x (height in m)^2. If you want to calculate in American measurements, youā€™d multiply the height in inches by 0.0254, and the resulting weight by 2.2 to get the weight in lbs. (There is a BMI formula for American measurements but I find its numbers to be more annoying to work with than justā€¦ converting the units.)

Then once you have that base weight, you can simply add the characterā€™s fat and muscle mass to that. For some added ā€œrealismā€ it might be good to also add additional weight based on those to sort of simulate extra skin and stuff. Some fraction of the fat and muscle mass. Maybe add like 40% of the fat and 20% of the muscle mass?

If you do it like this, you could have some base character descriptions based on BMI and body fat percentage. And since you already have things in place for fat distribution, more specific body part descriptions could be based on how much fat is in each body part as compared to the base weight. Maybe even in the future there could be muscle distribution too.

I know that this is a lot to take in, but Iā€™d just love to see a weight gain game with this kind of mechanic, and this game already seems to beā€¦ Most of the way there, really.

So after writing all that out I decided to peek a bit at how you determine weight at the moment, and it is a bit similar, but I feel like what I suggest might give some more interesting or fun numbers? Either way, I hope that this at least gives you things to think about, even if you donā€™t implement the suggestions.

4 Likes

Thank you for your thorough suggestions! Improvement to the muscle system probably wonā€™t be coming in the next update but will be worked on down the line. As you noted itā€™s like, halfway there right now lol

Itā€™s not currently relevant to any content but muscle and overall more realistic body calculations are defs in the plans ~

Also as for the baron, they were implemented rather early before I had the currency / shopping aspect set up

I certainly plan on their offerings to have costs later on. Iā€™ve just kind of left them as they are for a bit now

But Iā€™ll circle back eventually ~

And thank you for the bug reports, they were quick fixes. Theyā€™ll be in the next update :relaxed:

10 Likes

Thanks for the patience yā€™all. Between the state of the world, life events, the pregnancy. Etc. Itā€™s been hard to concentrate

Hard to draw or write

Hoping to have an update for insatiable hearts done after work tonight or tomorrow though ~
Sooon :smiling_imp:

10 Likes

lol, so, alots been going on the update took a lot longer than expected, butttt

Finally got time to wrap this up, so Version 0.1.1E is finally here. Thank you all for your patience. Itā€™s been a bit of a rough month but I finally have this, chunky update for my supporters and will be bringing it public later this month after testing and bug fixing. This update brings a refreshed character creator, improved character descriptions, the transformation system, new items and encounters as well as finally giving kip some of her base interactions and kink encounters

Hereā€™s the changelog if you want a more thorough understanding of whatā€™s been added and what to expect soon ~

16 Likes

Whoops, left a test value in the rng by accident

If you were all having trouble with encounter roles doing like only one event, that should be fixed now. Lol

Itā€™s been reuploaded

3 Likes

This game reminds me of the discontinued Leupai game from year 201? :thinking:

5 Likes

Boundless? Yeah, itā€™s a big inspiration. I used to play it a lot. One of the reasons I even got into using twine was realizing that game was made in it and then learned how beginner friendly twine is so I was like well heck, I can just do that with my oc crap too. Lol

9 Likes

Dropping a quick patch ~

Patch 1: - (07/05/22)

• Added ā€œtriangle shapeā€ a more extreme pear body shape option
  • Kip can now be fed meat and pickled centipedes in her gift giving menu. Kip now also has a fullness factor, when filled she canā€™t eat more until sheā€™s allowed to rest or until the player teases her or encourages her to eat more.
  • Kipā€™s fullness factor is now described in her description.

x Fixed a test value messing up encounter rng for some regions
x Fixed Cow, Pig, Blob and Slime TFā€™s not properly including the chance of weight-gain in their transformation lineups
x Fixed wilderberry not being added to the inventory like it should
x Fixed an error in the stomach description that was causing small values to be displayed as disproportionately fat
x Fixed ear descriptions not displaying when they should
x Fixed the caldera slime accidentally adding blob mutagens instead of slime mutagens
x Fixed the greed stat becoming corrupted in certain areas
x Fixed Kipā€™s size being described as ā€œblobbyā€ at the wrong size
x Fixed Kipā€™s campsite replaying the walking in scene when returning to her main interactions from a previous action
x Fixed being able to give kip multiple can-openers, repeating the event

9 Likes

Ohhh nice, new Kip content! Thank you for the fantastic work, am looking forward to trying out the new content!

2 Likes

So, question - what level of Patreon would allow me to play the new builds? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Tetsuya150 Yeee, left her untouched for too long. Now sheā€™s got some base conversation, some feeding and stuffing, plus an expansion event and a short sort-of-sex scene lol. ~

@Parnash The bottom tier ($2USD) gives early access to the game, polls and other little bits. The higher tiers are just for the generous to give more if they so choose. The builds are bug fixed during this time, so you get content sooner, but its more likely to be messy. I fix it up and then after its good to go and enough time has passed a public build will be pushed out. ~

3 Likes