Isekai Weight Gain Visual Novel - "In Another World with Fat Chicks" (WIP)

I thought the opening was amusing tbh, I especially enjoyed the humour around reincarnating or not, on whether you know what an isekai is, and that entire section tbh

2 Likes

So far this is a super awesome premise for a WG VN! Is there still a discord if I wanted to try and help out?

4 Likes

Just saw this project for the first time. Congrats on the early demo, its tough getting to that stage. I was hoping to hop on discord but as previously mentioned, seems like it is down. I wanted to volunteer some coding help if needed.

4 Likes

It is yea! It’s pretty dead though but I can post a link regardless

Hey thanks! I can repost the link then, yeah.

Link posted for the discord! Check it out up at the top

2 Likes

Such a great start to the game, I can’t wait to see more!

Good god this game is cute, can’t wait to see more of the same passion poured into it

Really? I certainly appreciate that, not that I really matter anyway. It just seemed kind of weird, given that the other two choices were met with positive responses. It made it feel deliberately malicious. It’s funny, it was my understanding that this community was mostly lesbians, but I guess it’s just a “the grass is always greener” kind of thing. Anyway, I’m certainly glad that the next version will be toned down, as a greatly enjoyed the rest of the game, if that means anything. Sorry for the rather lengthy comment.

Yeah I liked the joking about isekai and some of the snarky comments, it just felt oddly malicious if you picked male. Though I imagined that I was the only one affected by this. I am aware that my particular set of preferences are unique to me, even if my frustration sometimes makes me act in ways that convey otherwise.

from what I gather the community very skewed to males, mostly with female preference. Personally while not that funny I found it harmless, similar to the comments about whether you know what an isekai is, or whether you’re a pussy destroyer or not.

I thought this demo was great, especially the art! Can’t wait for more

3 Likes

Looking back, it probably was harmless, it just stuck out to me that guys were the only ones being insulted, while the other two were supported. I probably shouldn’t have thought anything of it, but I tend to ride a pretty fine line between mild despair and severe despair, so sometimes small things stick out like that. Also, I thought that the community was mostly lesbians because almost all the content I see tends to be that type. Very little is targeted towards my tastes. Not that that’s a bad thing, if there’s no demand, there’s no demand. If people don’t like what I like, then there’s no reason to make it. It’s just a bit frustrating for me, that’s all.

I think most developer polls (while not the whole community of course, but give a good reference) point to around 60+% heterosexual male being the make up of the community. And games are often made with the preference of the developer that is making said game in mind.

I also felt the opening was fine but that’s very subjective and I’m sure you’re not the only one with that opinion.

3 Likes

Huh, that’s interesting. Though I was referring to the weight gain community as a whole, not just the game stuff. Like art, comics, and all that. Also, the content of the opening wasn’t too bad on its own, it just felt malicious next to the positive response to the other two options. Though I was likely overanalyzing, I tend to do that. It was likely just “harmless fun” as a lot of people would say. I’d certainly be more than willing to put up with a joke, but if the whole game turns into dissing the player like that, I’d find it less enjoyable. Not that my opinion matters in any regard.

1 Like

I think that’s fair if the MC was always the butt of every joke. And things were more insulting it probably would get old pretty quickly.

And I can’t speak to the weight gain/fat community as a whole with any certainty but I would not expect it to be largely different than the community demographics here.

1 Like

Wait were talking about the gender picking at the beginning? Dawg thats like, super harmless jokes right there, I was just poking fun at the fact that a large majority of the community is male lol. And, as a guy myself, I feel confident poking fun at that group.

Idk in what world you think weightgaming is predominantly lesbians lol.

Sorry if it was a bit too mean in your opinion in the intro to you, That’s my style of comedy, and the game is intended to be a satirical comedy to an extent. I apologize if it made you upset, I’m just genuinely shocked hy that response.

But yea, theres little to no plans for making fun of the player for being a guy other than picking pronouns at the start. Though there are further plans to mock and tease the player in general, because its funny. I like to make fun of the community, the tropes of anime, the tropes of weight gain content, whatever naturally works its way into things.

8 Likes

I see, my bad. I completely misread that. As I mentioned, it was the one insulting joke next to the other two affirmative responses seemed intentionally malicious. If all three had insults, I wouldn’t have thought anything of it at all. I understand that making fun of people is comedic, but isolating one to be the quote “butt of the joke” made it seem purposeful. However, I now understand that this was not the case. My feelings weren’t necessarily hurt by the joke, it just seemed malicious as it was the only option met with an insult. (I know I’ve used the word “malicious” a lot, but it’s honestly the only one I can think of) No need to apologize, I completely understand that I am the only one who thinks of these things, and as such, I completely understand your shocked response. Also, you’re right about this forum’s demographic. I was referring to the weight gain community as a whole. Most of the art, comics, and stories I see on the internet in general are lesbian. But as for the stuff on here, you’re absolutely right. It’s probably mostly male. And seeing as we are not on the internet at large, but are in fact on this particular site, I should’ve foreseen this misunderstanding, and specified accordingly. Anyway, the joke on its own is not in any way overbearing, and it was simply my reading too much into it that lead to my questioning of the motive behind it. I really do tend to overthink things. You have my sincerest apologies, and please carry on with the game, I truly believe you have something good going on here. I can’t wait to see where it leads, and will follow your progress with great interest. Sorry for the lengthy reply, I hope I haven’t caused too much trouble.

1 Like

are you ok? do you need a tissue. It must be tuff being you and being that sensitive lmfao.

1 Like

I don’t think the game is misandrist, just badly written. Much like the above posting.