Joblin Simulator (Stuffing/WG Puzzle Game) -Bugfix v1.03

Thanks for the feedback, and glad you like the game!

The turn around command does in fact make a left hand u-turn every time!

Just finished playing this myself. Really fun game. Loved the puzzles. Some were really hard and I had to wrack my brain a few times before I finally got them. The behind the scenes coding to make this all work in rpgmaker must have been immense, so my hats off to you for that. Also always love me some Joblins.

The controls in the beginning took some time getting used to, but having the hint to use the mouse for this game really helped out.

Overall great game!

1 Like

i liked this probably one of the best games this gain jam

1 Like

Puzzles were simple enough when you get used to the mechanics, good work :slight_smile:

Let’s Play Joblin Simulator on Vimeo

1 Like

Glad people are enjoying it! <3

Really liked it! I liked it so much i even went and commented(i dont do that very often)

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to see that people are enjoying the game :slight_smile:

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 500
Use of Theme: 500
Art: 83
Writing: 75
Music & Sound: 69
Mechanics: 93
Game Concept 90
Use of Fetish 89
Judge Preference: 82
Total: 1581

Grimimic Score

Category Total
Art: 90
Writing: 90
Music & Sound: 60
Mechanics: 90
Game Concept 90
Use of Fetish 95
Judge Preference: 99
Total: 1614

Squirrel Score

Category Total
Art: 88
Writing: 69
Music & Sound: 64
Mechanics: 90
Game Concept 83
Use of Fetish 85
Judge Preference: 81
Total: 1560

Final Score: 4755

Grotlover2 Score

Category Total
Basics: 20000
Art: 325
Writing: 300
Sound: 260
Concept/Design 1240
Msc: 160
Total: 22285

Comments:

I have to say I was surprised to see a little puzzle game like this being made in RPG maker. It always amazes me to see how devs bend engines to their will. Over all a fun little puzzle game.

All in all, I really have only two major issues with the game. First, the UX is a bit problematic. The 90-degree rotation icons are very similar making them hard to read at a glance. Also, the window showing the Goblin is quite cool but is a bit cluttered and distracting. Also, I wish I saw the goblins increasing size play a role in the puzzles instead of being more or less window dressing.

Otherwise, a very fun puzzle game!

Kilif Score

Category Total
Basics: 20000
Art: 265
Writing: 315
Sound: 295
Concept/Design 1445
Msc: 150
Total: 22470

Comments:

Very good use of the theme, though I have some complaints about how unintuitive/clunky it can feel at times. Still impressive work on the cutscene assets and puzzle design in such a short period, though I would work on the difficulty curve, as it seems all over the place with early puzzles sometimes being harder than later ones.

Scores

Art: 590

Writing: 615

Sound: 555

Design: 2685

Total: 44755