Joseph Earnwile and the Wrath of the Plant People

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

I wish there was an easier way to make money, saving up the 2k is a bit of a hassle. Also it feels like I need to feed some of these characters 10-15 times to see changes, which is a bit of a pain having to repeatedly click on the item, use, then find the person on the list. Still, Iā€™m really enjoying your characters and stories.

Edit: Also, the alien dog thing is broken, you get all the text shown to you when you see it for the second time.

1 Like

Doggie shas been fixed in the next update, together with a few other little fixes and updates. Will probably be out tonight. I ahve been thinking of adding a hacking minigame of sorts that could make getting some money a bit easier, but I am unsure of exactly how I want to implement it.

1 Like
1 Like

as far as i can tell liona still doesnā€™t work, when trying to hack her glass coffin the game displays a ā€œattempting hackā€ prompt but no followup text and you donā€™t experience any health drain unlike when using hack on any of the other coffins, however i was able to talk to her. Iā€™m not sure if this is at all helpful but when using an item from the inventory she doesnā€™t come up on the list of intractable entities in the room, additionally the slave girlā€™s art still cuts off after a certain point, and captain cedar never states what food she wants past the protein bars, i was able to trial and error my way through it (all the mess hall food > donuts > meat > blue eggs) but couldnā€™t figure out what the last food she wanted was after trying everything else i could find around the station i hadnā€™t fed her yet (snickers bar from your pocket, rotisserie chicken, fuzzy creature, weird green animal, odd vial), lastly the alien seems to not be working? she spawns in the comms room then can be encountered in the hallway but a very large block of text seemingly narrating her entire story pops up including her getting locked out of the air lock pops up with a continue prompt and she doesnā€™t show up anywhere else on the station, however, that sequence can be repeated infinitely. those are all the bugs iā€™ve seen in this version so far

For some reason whenever I try to leave the room to go to the office I get blasted. Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m missing.

A lot of fixes and quite a bit of art in this update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

patch seems to have fixed everything with liona, altho at the very end of her quest i believe she doesnā€™t show up at the pod array and just jumps directly to the cadet room while also skipping her last quest step, additionally i believe the captain is still broken, specifically in that she wonā€™t accept the fuzzy creatures as food in her last(?) stage, this could be me misunderstanding what she meant by ā€œeating something wholeā€ but iā€™m assuming itā€™s just a bugged interaction. FWIW i tried with both the portrait variants of the fuzzy creatures and neither seemed acceptable.

Are you at the last, or have you skipped the odd creatures? There are many fixes already done to some of the things you bring up in your comments. If you havenā€™t already: consider joining the discord where there is an active bug reporting forum for each of the games I have made :slight_smile: Have a good one!

Game is nearing 300 images, and more words than I have ever out into one of these before.

Also: my games are now outgrowing the text-adventures webpage, and as such I may have to pull the web version support for this one. I donā€™t think the website is well enough maintained to really add much for the finished games anyway, but I wanted to warn you guys.

1 Like

i cant give the donuts to lavender, what am i doing wrong?

You need to place the box on the table.

im trying but it just says that i use the box of donuts and it doesnā€™t subtract from my inventory and no text shows up either. maybe its a bug?

iā€™ll reset the game and see if it fixes that

It has worked fine in my own testing. Please report back any findings. Next update ETA: end of the coming weekend. It will remove gore option, include the last missing pictures and hopefully fix any currently reported bugs. After that I will need some proofreaders and bugtesters to do a final scan before a final release will be out :slight_smile:

I did the thing where things suddenly moves fast again. We are closing in on a full release here people. Plese report bugs and spelling issues.

2 Likes