Juxtaterrestrial's Total Conversion Belly Mod devblog v1-2-0 and later

That is correct. Like i said. Barebone haha

could you make a barebones version of the mod that just adds the wg features, and overwrites the old mod?

I will not be doing this.

1 Like

Quick update. There will be no patreon update next month.

The work on the next update will require roe time but i hope people on patreon will still stick around.

I haven’t updated much because there isn’t anything exciting to update. My current action is planning out the skills - their personalities, and coming up with a list of checks. I want to get a lot of it organized before I write code. I want to have at least like 5 fluff checks for each skill (things like ‘you notice the smell of flowers’ type stuff. Content that helps with immersion) and then i want at least like 5 thread related checks (checks that lead to other content). And then i want to have some hooks to build the groundwork for later quests.

This is a very light spoiler, but one of the early hooks/quests i have in mind involves discovering and uncovering a sort of hidden belly underworld to the town. So threads will be things like noticing that Myre’s Ice Cream has a woman with a big belly as the logo [ a very easy check]. Then once you’ve completed a bunch of those threads you can get a check to notice a stripper on break who has a belly. Talking with her allows you to learn about a hidden belly focused area of the strip club where you can unlock and experience that can be used to unlock ventriphilia skill.

On the longer term there will be a whole underworld questline for the game. Why is there so much feederism stuff going on in this town?

So planning is what has been happening.

2 Likes

I just took your survey, and apparently there is both a belly mod for fetishmaster and a total conversion belly mod for fetishmaster and you made both and they’re not the same thing?

But I can’t find them existing as two separate things here on weightgaming… anytime I search for the bellymod I get the total conversion belly mod instead… any chance you could explain because I’m super confused! I assume the bellymod predates the total conversion? But if so why can’t I find it?

For that matter it’s kind of hard to find the most up to date version of either… I’m not sure the version of the total conversion I’ve downloaded and played is the most up to date one. (In fact I’ve only played 1.0.0 so it’s clearly not as up to date as 1.1.0 or 1.2.0 would be)…

You can find my old belly mod here: Belly Mod release(current as of 7/1/2017)(combat and office patch)

But it’s abandon for various reasons outlined in other posts. Its not compatible with my current project.

As for the total conversion mod, v1-2-0 is not available yet., v1-1-0 is available here: Total Conversion Belly Mod v1-1-0 (currently out!) - #2 by Juxtaterrestrial

1 Like

Lost a week and a half of any productivity due to a painful tooth extraction recover. Dry socket is hell.

Anyway i don’t have a lot to share. Most of the work I’ve done is planning which is not interesting.

These are the skills i have in mind as sort of a minimum. I’ll probably add more as the mod expands back into familiar territory (like pregnancy and boob fetish stuff, as well as sex skills). For the initial release of this content I’m planning on focusing on ventriphilia, perception, and seduction. The idea is that you need perception to notice stuff in the world. Ventriphilia content gives something for character to notice (why are all these fat bellied people around?) and seduction gives you a way to interact a bit with that content.

My primary goal for v1-2-0 is to get the systems working so i can iterate on content. More skills. Quests.

So right now I’m working on getting outlines for the content i need. I want to have a bunch of fluff checks in mind for each of the three mentioned skills. Then i want to have checks that tie into threads, and maybe a couple hook based checks for each skill that unlock something in the world. That way there is enough content to explore the systems a bit.

Thanks for your support!

3 Likes

That’s rough, I had my wisdom teeth pulled recently and it sounds like dry socket can really suck. Also keep up the good work.

Question the Legacy Mods it mentions " **Content from these mod’s mainly outdated or/and already integrated in the main game module" that implies that’s already in the main fetish master game itself?

Where did you read that? Did i write it, or was it on the FM main site?

So i’ve been busy. I’m releasing a weight gain Novella on amazon.

Cover here: Weighted Grades (Out now!) by Juxtaterrestrial on DeviantArt

Read the first chapter here, then pre-order: Weighted Grades Chapter 1 (Out now! Link below!) by Juxtaterrestrial on DeviantArt

Beyond that, I don’t have much in the way of content update info. I’ve mostly been figuring out structural stuff. Setting standards for skill checks. That sort of thing.

I figured to let you know stuff is happening I’d explain some of the structure i have in mind.

So one of the things i hate having to do is have repeated math in events in the game. if i break a small thing and replicate it, then bugs get shifted through the whole mod.

So one of my goals was to minimize the code that deals with checks in the actual events.

the solution i came up with was to handle all skill checks in an organ action. The game uses this functionality to handle lactation and stuff. But i can use it in a different way.

In a given location I’ll have blocks of code like this (in pseudo code)

{
proxy.setStat(check_id, perception_1)

proxy.doaction(check_id)

return = proxy.getStat(check_text)
}

all the math and text gets set in one bit of code for each skill. It will make making broad changes to check difficulties and text super easy.

I mean this is pretty normal code stuff, but I’m happy i figured out a way to do it with this engine.

I’ll be relying a lot on personal and global flags to manage all the skill checks, but it’s sort of a trade off I guess.

In the actual organ code it will be a series of if statements to check the ID of the current check. Within that code I’ll have it make the dice roll and determined success or failure, and then assemble the output text. Ideally, i will have an option in the game to include or exclude detailed check readouts. (so you see failed vs seeing failed because of all the modifiers you have).

Now, one of the things Disco Elysium does that i want to replicate is chain of skills having conversation. I can do that in a few ways. I may use both depending on the situation. If rolls are required, i can have a section of code set a success flag, then in the event code it will run the next check (and also check for eligibility against the previously set flag). If not, then i can just have the skill back and forth handles in each block of math.

Beyond that there is a question of how to handle conversation checks when i add NPCs. But i have a few ideas of how to implement that.

2 Likes

So i wanted to leave a quick update.

I’ve started work on the actual code for the skills system. Its taking a bit because i really want to nail down a format, so i can just copy and paste a skeleton and just fill out the content. I don’t have anything to show of that because it’s only party done. But that’s where I am!

Related - i actually bought a piece of art for the game from @clinko_clinko

Its amazing. So far this is the only art for the project? At least it’s all the art for now.

Besides that, go buy my book. It’s very good. if you like my mod or stories, it will definitely appeal to you. There are reviews now, so you don;t have to take my word for it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0979H18LZ

4 Likes

Sorry for the slow progress. Honestly it’s been a rough year. Good in some ways, but definitely rough.

So progress has been slow. Thankfully I’m on some new (old) adhd medication so i hope to get ahead of things.

Anyway, i have the template for skill checks set up.

Its coded in a way that should make adding new checks trivial difficulty. I just have to change a few names, add content, and the skill check call.

Now in Disco Elysium, you can hover over a check to see the breakdown of modifiers. I played around with how to do it here, but decided to just put the details into the CMD line.

Now before i work on content, i want to get the level up mechanics working. Should be easier I think?

5 Likes

No pictures this time but progress has been made. Implemented a bunch of fluff oriented perception checks. Having the template completed makes it very easy to iterate.

I’ve gotten like half the experience system implemented as well.

And I’ve been doing a lot of outlining for skills, threads, and hooks, as well as outline conversation trees loaded with skill checks.

6 Likes

Not complaining, but at this point its no longer a mod, its an entirely new game. The finished product, based off of what I’ve seen so far, looks like it will be a sight to behold. I’m very excited.

Heh, that’s why I’m calling it a total conversion mod

Small progress update. Got a bunch of the interface/ underlying systems done for leveling up skills, updating skills, and displaying level up information to the player. More below the screenshots.

I have it all coded so that iterating for new skills will require minimal variable find/replacement. Will just have to change one variable, and add the required text.

Getting the systems lined up has actually re arranged my priorities a bit. My goal is to have a bunch of skill in the game for the next update even though there won’t be a ton of content for most of them. The reason for this is because I’ve been planning out conversation trees with some fixed NPCs. Mimicking Disco Elysium would be kind of crap if there wasn’t a bunch of skills chiming in for conversations. So even if i don’t have main line content available some skills, I want them to be able to chime in on other content.

It will be easier to create this web of skill interactions from the get go, rather than trying to backtrack and add things.

So next up is to get the level up infrastructure done for the other skills i have planned.

Then after that, I need to finish up the experience system(the way to gain skill points). I don’t have the interface for that started yet, but I have the underlying math functioning. I’ve explained my goals earlier in this thread and it pretty much aligns with what I’m building still. Each experience unlocked with have a research time in hours (with most probably lasting days weeks or months). Once per day per character in the world, a script checks the current experience and counts down 24 hours from the timer. I already have differences accounted for. For example I want some things that happen to affect the rate of change of certain experiences. Maybe if you interact with bellies in significant ways then belly related experiences will be researched faster. Alternatively I can apply penalties. Maybe working out makes it take longer for feederism experiences to finish researching.

So what does the roadmap work ahead look like? This list is in nor particular order.

1. Add more skills to the skill infrastructure
  2. Complete the experience infrastructure.
  3. Content - Conversations that utilize skill check (tutorial character, some fetish content oriented character, some conversations with the proxy, rework mushroom guy, probably some other side characters as i develop content.)
  4. Content - fluff checks - threads - hooks - quests - experiences
  5. Content - Some rewards( Need to make some belly related content. Big thing I have in mind is a secret belly oriented strip club unlocked through a series of threads/hooks)

And that’s basically what I want done for the next release. The release after that will be more skills and experiences, more fluff, threads, and hooks, and something else. Maybe I’ll start on getting random NPCs walking around and talking? I want NPCs around with skills of their own before I try to tackle the sex system remake.

I guess I can make this post longer. Who will stop me? Ultimately I want to make the system into something with more back and forth. When i have NPCs hanging around with their own skills (and fetishes) i want sex to be and back and forth activity, with options presented based on the fetishes of people involved. Should be fun. I really want to aim for making the partners feel… Interesting and distinct? I want the player to feel pursued at times, or to be able to feel seductive. I want give and take.

TL;DR: Stuff is happening

5 Likes

More screenshots:

Sexual skills

Hobby skills

Social skills

And that’s the skills i have in mind for now. Doubtlessly as development comes up more will be added. But I feel these are pretty core. There will obviously be more sexual skills in the future for more fetishes.

3 Likes

A couple more screenshots:

A skill check success:

Just notices a small typo. Fixed it already.

The same check failed:

Annnnnd what you see for this check after failing it. Skill locked example.

And what the check unlocks:

Again, the art is by the mighty @clinko_clinko

you can find the full piece on his DA here: Myre's Icecream by clinkoclinko on DeviantArt

After I did this I realized that I also have to actually do the code for the “level up unlocks relevant skill checks”. That shouldn’t take long to do.

Then all the skills systems should be finished, aside from content. Next is experience stuff.

6 Likes

I LOVE the shape this TCM is taking. (pun pseudo-intended, considering the new sign for Myre’s.)
I found FM’s anime placeholders/artstyle a bit… generic, and this feels right up my personal alley.
And the new skill system? Nothing to say. Just absolute baller.

You’re doing some mad science here, Juxta. I may not be able to donate to patreon but I will support this mod VERY verbally.

2 Likes