Kobold Survivors

After procrastinating for almost two weeks, i decided i would participate this year, and with only 24 hours on the clock, finish a game.

problem is, my engine ate shit and tripped at the finish line, i couldn’t get the game to build. i spend an hour, the whole grace period, tweaking the build settings in godot, all crashes. This version is the last export that works, and it has a bug where the fireball and the knife attacks don’t do anything. I’m really glad i pushed through and made this game, but i’m really sad i can’t submit what i have in the editor right now.

Edit: On the bright side, there’s still a game here. The old build has a bug where the non-basic attacks are broken, which means the attack upgrade system is pointless, but the hp upgrade still works.
The deckbuilding might be non-functional, but there’s still topdown shooter gameplay. This game was inspired by Vampire Survivors: waves of enemies approach you, closing in from all directions, and you must use spatial strategy to avoid certain death - while also collecting as much loot as possible.

13 Likes

Hope you continue work on this after the jam! Would love to see the kobold’s sprite change as things progress.

3 Likes

very simple and not too hard to get to grips with

1 Like

Good start but it needs work.

1 Like

Solid little thing! Took me a bit to realize what was happening but very quickly fell into that Feeding Frenzy or Tasty Planet feeling. I think what caught my attention the most was the limited time on the upgrade before Greed would be automatically picked. Not the most accessible thing, but having a limited time to make a decision can be a lot of fun - especially since that’ll lead to bad ones lol.

Ultimately, good you got something together, even if it’s not everything you wanted.

4 Likes

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 50.0
Use of Theme: 50.0
Art: 5.8
Writing: 4.1
Music & Sound: 0.0
Mechanics: 6.0
Game Concept 4.0
Use of Fetish 4.0