Life of Kriss, Day One (Complete)

[quote=“rozadodelacolina, post:20, topic:984”]Grate game! Love it! Can’t get enough of it! So exited about hearing there will be more! Waiting impatiently for more!!!

Few questions/ideas/bugs

[spoiler]
-Walking between the crawlspace and the garage seems to always break my map. Not sure if I should even be able to use this path as it has a magical padlock that apparently only stops me from opening the door from one side… I’m guessing that path is only there in behalf of my future self and its inevitable inability to crawl trough a space designed for an average sized adult.

-Am I supposed to be able to do anything other than attacking the blob from the very beginning? The deusexmachinaaa option is visible from the start, even before finding the note, and it really weirded me out on my first playthrough.

-I was a bit disappointed by the fact that Jamie and Laney didn’t react to me drinking beer and bursting my pants in front of them, as their character description suggests me that they definitively would’t miss the opportunity to rub it on my face (specially considering that I might have to pick back up from the floor something I didn’t want them to see) Also, no one other than the mirror reacted to any of my clothes and Laney and Meghan didn’t notice my improved chest… It feels like such a missed opportunity.

-Being teleported to my room when using Jamies’ antacid feels really weird, specially when I’m in a different floor… maybe it can be used like the first one directly from the sink cabinet instead of first taking it and then using it?

-Maybe a nitpick at this point, but how did I manage to throw my sweatshirt all the way up to the attic from my room? (while being too big to even fit trough the entrance btw) Maybe it could instead be thrown to my closet? That way the text you get from trying to put it back on while very bloated would be accessible (currently I could only access it with the bloat lever tester)

-Jamie’s easteregg responses overlap. I can’t try to pester her for her weight gain while having a big chest, and I can’t get a response out of her for my chest while carrying a beer or after bribing her… Maybe overriding her response for my chest completely when she’s distracted with beer or her belly would be best to maintain the mood, but I still feel it’s a bit unfair to miss the joke just because you were carrying a beer.

-After my special encounter with skellydude I tough I could check myself on the attic mirror using the sweatshirt instead of my room’s mirror and bra… but I guess that’s strictly an event for my room (apparently that full length mirror is too small to reach down to my chest :P) Still, when putting on my sweatshirt before figuring out what was going on, apparently I didn’t freak out because I had already convinced myself everything was alright? After that I can still go to my room and trigger my revelation… feels kind of wonky…

-Is there a point to leave the trigger open for the eastereggs? Nothing prevents me from doing it, but my chest doesn’t seem to change any more a second time, Jamie won’t grow any further, and I keep chugging bribe after bribe down her gullet but I don’t get any different responses. Maybe an indication that nothing else will happen will prevent players like me from doing it 200 times hoping to find a secret? Something like the different message you get from drinking soda again after taking the bloating tablets?

-Was there any point to the hideous end table? I know the notebook was scrapped, but the lamp also doesn’t seem to be doing anything (or at least no one tripped over anything while in the dark :P) Am I missing something?

-How many bottles of lemon soda are there in the mini fridge? Is it just the one? I first thought so, as the game didn’t told me there were multiples and I kept leaving it there, unlike the cans of beer… but it wouldn’t make sense for it to just be one after all the abuse I gave it (specially considering the amount of soda that I imagine this girl would swallow in a single gulp :stuck_out_tongue: )
[/spoiler][/quote]

Hey, thank you for all the feedback! It’s always appreciated. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to the original game file- I had some issues with a harddrive and lost all the source material, which means I can’t do anything to patch the game or update it :c trust me, the little bugs and misspellings are the bane of my existence, but Quest isn’t super friendly in regards to editing game files if you don’t have the original. Certain things (like the eastereggs triggering and the sweatshirt teleporting to areas) are sadly things I can’t go back and fix. The end table doesn’t do anything- I was planning on having a small puzzle with your stepmom involving it, but never got around to it.

A lot of people also had issues with the eastereggs- I put them in there literally just as a bit of flavor text that wouldn’t affect the story in any way, but I think a lot of people (myself included, in hindsight) would’ve liked more character interactions based on variables such as you magically growing bigger boobs, popping buttons, etc. In the sequel, I plan on addressing a lot of those issues.

It’s a shame you lost access to it, but don’t worry about it.
The game feels complete and is super good, and everything I said other than the map breaking (and maybe the blob thing) was nothing more than me nitpicking. Apparently not many people had problems with it anyway, so I guess it isn’t that big of a problem.

Physical damage like the HDD platter, or corruption? If it’s the latter, or it was reformatted or such, you’d be surprised what you can recover with software. I reformatted a drive, losing all the pagefiles but sitll managed to recover most of my files near the start of the year.

Not much help if the platters are buggered, though :stuck_out_tongue:

Physical damage like the HDD platter, or corruption? If it’s the latter, or it was reformatted or such, you’d be surprised what you can recover with software. I reformatted a drive, losing all the pagefiles but sitll managed to recover most of my files near the start of the year.

Not much help if the platters are buggered, though :P[/quote]

Corruption. Already tried a repair, didn’t work, reformatted and it works fine. It was my own fault, I’m by no means a technowizard and was dicking around with stuff I shouldn’t have been. I’ve learned my lesson- I’m storing all files on a cloud drive as well as my HDD.

Corruption. Already tried a repair, didn’t work, reformatted and it works fine. It was my own fault, I’m by no means a technowizard and was dicking around with stuff I shouldn’t have been. I’ve learned my lesson- I’m storing all files on a cloud drive as well as my HDD.[/quote]Ah. If you’ve already started overwriting then it’s probably too late, but I would have suggested one of the data recovery suites from EaseUS. It doesn’t ‘repair’ anything, just allows you to see the raw files and copy them to another hard drive.

Corruption. Already tried a repair, didn’t work, reformatted and it works fine. It was my own fault, I’m by no means a technowizard and was dicking around with stuff I shouldn’t have been. I’ve learned my lesson- I’m storing all files on a cloud drive as well as my HDD.[/quote]Ah. If you’ve already started overwriting then it’s probably too late, but I would have suggested one of the data recovery suites from EaseUS. It doesn’t ‘repair’ anything, just allows you to see the raw files and copy them to another hard drive.[/quote]

Yeah, they’re all toast now. But the good news is that progress is ticking away on Life of Kriss: Day Two!

I love your games, they don?t lack the drive and smartness of your stories and are really emphasising my kinks.
And, as a special surprise - they do remind me pretty much on the early Lucasfilm Games like Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken, still my favorites.
I only can hope you create many more!

When’s the second part getting released?