Looking for an idea to develop a story in my game.

Hello guys, I am working on my RPG maker game and I need your help in providing me ideas about further main story (yes, my imagination is too weak).
About game: This is a typical game in a fantasy world like “The elder scrolls” and the main character wants to become an adventurer. Adventurers are those people who register in the guild, complete various quests, increase their rank, earn fame, become stronger, hunt various monsters, animals, etc.
I started the game with a little background about the main character and her family, as well as getting her basic abilities for survival and ways to become stronger.
Now, I’m trying to figure out how to further develop the main story and, most importantly, how to explain the fact that in the course of the game there will be a large number of characters of different races and monsters that gain weight and become stronger at the same time. Please share your ideas about that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

About the weight = power it can be very easly explained. Since it is a fantasy setting you can justify that non-human races use her calories more efficiently and the stored fat doesnt affect their healt like humans.

An idea is that in the beggining human also were more efficient with the more fat, but they became too greedy and created a tiranic impire, the gods/magical races/aliens/evil sentient food/other culprit, erase the ability with in humans as punishment, making that being fatter became unhealthy (hearth problems, reduced strengh and speed, and all of that), being some humans every x generations (like the Main character i presume) to have that ability from birth unlike the other.

1 Like

what is the goal of the game?

Oh I have a idea I was going to make a story with it but never finish it so you can maybe use.

unknow Food like monsters started attacking the land and fatting people up so that they can use them to make more monster to fight back A new magic was made that let you eat the food like monsters and use the weight you gain for them to fight back.

1 Like

That is an interesting idea, thank you. I will think of how can I implement it. Also, the main character is non-human race too :slight_smile:

1 Like

First goal: Main character to became an S rank adventurer.

1 Like

Nice, thank you. I like that one!

1 Like

You could go with an ApocXL approach, where magic or powers would be derived from calories (thus food) and eating lots of it makes you more powerful. However that would probably make literally everyone in that world fat or undergo weight gain, which might be a bit much in terms of events and such.
Alternatively, you could take the Roundbound approach, and make the increase of power via calories a divine gift.

1 Like

Nope, I am not interested in creating fantasy world where being fat always means being strong and all living beings aspire to it. Let’s settle on the idea that someone contributed to the fact that people and monsters began to gain weight.

1 Like

Well I really like ideas so far! Now just throwing my ideas to the wind, but I think if you plan to do a party system, maybe you could do something akin to strategic party planning, so like, say two monster races are at war or hate each other (since you brought up elder scrolls think about the dark elves and argonians) so you would have to choose between the two characters, and possibly even feed one to the other to give them a proper stat boost

1 Like

I will think about that when I add second possible party NPC since I already decided a story about how player will be able to get first NPC to party.

1 Like

Now I have many ideas as I am also a video game designer in the making for I have at least seen different codes and programming, one idea I would like to share out of game is get some horny game testers and regular game testers and have two different points of view, but as for in game I think one idea for your guild might be different paths you MC could have for what they register as like if they sign up as monster hunter then they get more of a reward for finishing monster hunting quests, and for the horny in game idea, maybe add a betrayal counter if people want to eat their teammates too~

1 Like

I will not create betrayal counters or let people eat their teammates, because it does not fit with the nature of my characters. I don’t think it makes any practical sense to give the player a choice of different paths to separate quests in guild. The guild will work like in isekai manga: quests are divided by difficulty level; each enemy in the game has its own rank and information about the enemy (or about different items) is recorded in the encyclopedia; player can only accept quests one rank higher than main character; to increase rank player must first score a certain number of points that are given as a reward for completed quests and then complete one of special rank up quests.

1 Like

Was just throwing ideas out

2 Likes

This is good, because for the sake of ideas I created my post. Please continue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me see, so the concept is iseki (Whether this is what you are doing or not I am just using this as my example) but with vore and about an adventure guild wrapped into one And based on what you said previously you don’t want betray anything. From what I can tell so far what is your goal longevity or story?

1 Like

I need ideas for main story development. I guess longevity I can handle by myself. I have many ideas about side quests, but nothing interesting for main story quests.

1 Like

I see 1 of 3 different main story paths you COULD go for how you want you story. You could either play the Hero path, let them be the Main Character and go fight BBEG (Insert Name Here), you could go the Side Story, Where the Main Hero is facing the BBEG our MC could be doing something related to it that helps the Main Hero but we don’t know it (Like Goblin Slayer or something similar to that), or we could go the Completely Side Story, Where they are just another random person doing random things in a random area facing their own BBEG like a Rival Guild Member or something along those lines. Now if you want my advice I would say, Ask yourself: What sort of story do I want first? And then when we get that point out of the way next comes the end goal first, aka What is everyone’s Happy Ending? If you need advice on anything else please let me know.

1 Like