Love is the Way to My Heart - CLOSED

Fair point. I am just a little flustered with things at the moment. I over-reacted.

3 Likes

dont want you losin players is all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning everyone!

This week has been slow in coding. I have been working hard with the writers on finishing up their documents to put into the game. I plan on finishing up the code for the home-date scene this week, then it is onto adding in some more personalized date scenes for the girls that are currently being written for.

There isnā€™t much else to report on! Iā€™m thankful you all are here and supporting us. God bless!

9 Likes

Good morning everyone!

Another week down and many things accomplished!

Iā€™ve been keeping you guys up to date in the updates-to-game channel, but for those who donā€™t know or are not up to date, Amanda, Nicole, and Kelsey are coming along very nicely, each having the reveal scene done, each having first-meeting done, and each having the movie date scene done or nearly done. This puts us on a steady track to releasing a second beta within this year (2021)! The second beta is planned to have one additional date (home date), all three aforementioned girls, and improved UI and aesthetics.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement! God bless!

9 Likes

Good morning!

Things are moving very quickly on the project nowadays, which is a wonderful thing! I anticipate the 2nd beta to drop before my sonā€™s birth (December 18th). You can see in the updates-to-game channel all the things we are doing and have been doing, so I wonā€™t bore you all with every detail, but know that Amanda, Kelsey, Nicole, and Sam are going to be in the gameā€™s 2nd beta along with a fully-working restaurant and movie date and reveal scene. I would love to have the home date scene to be in the 2nd beta but no promises.

Overall, this is a great experience and great journey (Halo 2?). I hope you all love the progress we are making and will love the 2nd beta even more. God bless and talk to you all soon!

6 Likes

(What Zit Tooya - Project Manager) Happy Monday!

You remember me, right? In any case, the project is chugging along smoothly, with plenty of work being done on Amanda this last week. Her restaurant date scene has been fully finished and implemented, and progress has begun on her movie theater scene! Her home date scene is still a work in progress, though thatā€™s because itā€™s so chock-full of content that itā€™s taking extra effort to properly implement. Weā€™ll be doing some reorganization of team documents to help make sure this goes even faster in the future.

Thatā€™s it for our news this week, thank you all for following our progress thus far!

7 Likes

Important announcement!

I know I said beta 2 will most-likely be released before my sonā€™s birth, but that has changed because he is arriving sooner than expected!

The original due date was December 18th, but due to minor complications the OB has decided that on November 28th my wife will be induced and we will have the birth of our son shortly after. What this means is that beta 2 will be postponed until probably the beginning of February as I am definitely going to be spending a lot of time helping my wife and supporting Jack, plus he will be born around the holidays so we will be busy with family matters as well.

8 Likes

All the best people are born on November 28th. Not that thatā€™s my birthday, or anythingā€¦ :beers:

4 Likes

Definitely tell him to wait one more day. Cause everyone knows that the actual best people are born November 29ā€¦

In all seriousness though. Super congrats to you!

2 Likes

It is with sadness that I give this news.

After the new year we will no longer be accepting writers for new characters. We are moving along too quickly now to have new writers try to keep up. What this means is the following WILL be forgotten about after the new years:

Abigail
Audrey
Brayden
Elizabeth
Jade
Janine
Lola
Possibly Tina
Possibly Annaisha

We will still have a few girls to choose from in the game, but we cannot write for all of them without help. I put this responsibility on you, the community.

I wonā€™t lie, any newcomers starting today onward will have a bit of catching up to do for the girls listed above, but with dedication anyone can do it.

Donā€™t let these girls vanish into the void of ā€œwhat could have beenā€. Spread the word.

Frankly, I find this statement to sound quite petty and entitled. Youā€™re asking people to commit a huge amount of their time and effort to write for you for little to no compensation. Itā€™s not the fault of your community that no one wants to work as an almost full-time writer just to complete your project. If you need to cut some content thatā€™s perfectly understandable as many games have to do that, but to blame the people who support you is out-of-line

You are misreading it. That is NOT my intention. My words are meaning to convey saving those girls is up to the community.

Sometimes a word of encouragement or urgency is needed to inspire people. I will have you know that some of my best writers (now friends) came aboard from seeing words of encouragement and updates and the demo. I donā€™t want to cut the content and many donā€™t want me to either so I sent this message to enlighten and inspire, not to blame.

I will say one final thing.

Itā€™s no longer mine. It belongs to every member who supports. Every writer who has helped. Every silent voice giving us a thumbs up from the back of the crowd.

I may have started this, but it has turned into a beautiful community that I am proud to be a part of.

1 Like

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend and for those who celebrate, a great Halloween.

Well, Iā€™ve been a very busy coder lately and the writers and editors have been busting butt , too! Thereā€™s a lot of stuff we did over the weekend and itā€™s all posted in updates-to-game if youā€™d like a detailed list. Iā€™ve been trying to be better at posting updates in that channel so that you all see just how much we are doing.

Now, as I have said before, beta #2 was to be released late November/early December, but with the birth of my son being around November 29th the beta has been pushed until around late January. Iā€™m sure you all understand and wonā€™t be upset; family does come first! However, I will be coding and helping out as much as I possibly can this month all the way up to my sonā€™s birth, so who knows, the beta might just be released on Patreon just in time.

We thank you all for supporting and being a part of this journey! God bless!

For those wondering, all our in-depth details are on the LITWTMH official Discord (link in the description), and all betas are posted 1st to Patreon and then subesequent betas will push the former into the Discord i.e. public betas are always 1 version prior to the ones on Patreon.

3 Likes

I truly appreciate the work being put into this. I played the demo and there is a lot of potential. It seems it has been hard to move this project along at times and I just want to say thank you for not throwing in the towel. I canā€™t wait to see how this project progresses. I will be supporting every step of the way.

1 Like

Hearing comments like this is truly amazing. Thank you so much for your support!

We will never throw in the towel. Even if it takes a few years, this game will be completed and playable. It may move slowly at points due to IRL circumstances, but it is always being worked on. :slight_smile:

I again thank you so much for your support!

5 Likes

Good morning, everyone!

Well, the game progresses. Thatā€™s all I can really say! Iā€™ve coded in random events to spice up the monotony and I plan on starting a new route: club scene, which is part of chapter 2. Thatā€™s right, we are moving on to chapter 2! Iā€™m waiting to get all the writersā€™ stuff before I can release beta 2, but other than that itā€™s debugging and expanding the gameā€™s code. Iā€™m also going to look into creating an easy, normal, and difficult setting for the game, as there isnā€™t much to do so playing on normal would take a while to complete anything.

Anyway, thatā€™s all we have to report on today! God bless!

4 Likes

(What Zit Tooya - Project Manager) Good evening, everyone!

Iā€™m filling in for MODOK in writing the report this week, mainly because heā€™s feeling under the weather and out of commission for the time being. It may or may not be COVID, we donā€™t know, hopefully it isnā€™t. In any case, we wish him a speedy recovery.

Localizationā€™s been progressing smoothly across the board thanks to the tireless work of our writers and editors, and our coders are still plugging away at making the game the best it can be. Thankfully, we have enough people that we can continue working on the game despite MODOKā€™s absence. Canā€™t promise how this will affect the timeframe for Beta #2, but hopefully the effect will be minimal. Weā€™ve also begun laying the groundwork for several dates in chapter 2, so while weā€™re working on finishing up the beta, weā€™ve still got one eye looking toward the future.

Thatā€™s all I have for now! God bless, and letā€™s hope MODOK gets well soon!

3 Likes

Good morning!

I missed this Monday because my wife was induced, and our son was born on Tuesday. It was a perfect delivery: all is well with baby Jack and my wife.

It will take me a while to adjust to being a father on top of everything else I do for the project and IRL, so please be patient with me.

As far as I know the project continues onward while I am away.

Thank you all for your continued support!

15 Likes