Love is the Way to My Heart - CLOSED

Here you go.

(Project Manager) Good morning everyone!

Today in the U.S. is Presidents’ Day (officially Washington’s Birthday, but we lump in Lincoln too). For those of you lucky enough to collect a paycheck from Uncle Sam, you’re probably spending today sleeping in and staying home. But this mod doesn’t sleep (or at least, our lead dev doesn’t).

Work on the final beta is progressing nicely, both in terms of writing and coding. We have the pleasure of also being able to restore a girl to the roster: Anna! Thanks to recruiting a new writer, who has graciously volunteered to help work on her and bring her writing up to par with the rest of the girls, we’ll hopefully be able to launch her with the rest of the beta girls!

If you have another favorite girl who you want to resurrect from the cut content pile, by all means, please volunteer to join the team as a writer!

That’s all I’ve got for now. Thank you all and God bless!

6 Likes

(Project Manager) Good evening everyone!

Today is Mardi Gras (or Fat Tuesday, or Shrove Tuesday, or whatever you want to call it). Normally we do these weekly announcements on Mondays, but decided to shake it up this week because Tooya did too much pre-Mardi Gras partying and forgot to post this yesterday.

Progress on the next beta is progressing nicely; our new team members are integrating well, and things are as good as ever. Anna’s writer is making good progress on getting her caught back up, so her reintroduction to the game is still going as planned. Of course, if you have a favorite girl who’s not on the roster, and you’re willing to put in the work to make that change, please apply to join the team as a writer or coder!

We’re also shaking things up a bit with regard to our dev diaries on Patreon. We’re shifting from the “what” to the “why”: namely, insteado making them simple progress updates, we’re also going to be talking a bit about our design philosophy that inspires them. Our latest one talks about why we chose the setting of a game as a small midwestern town.

That’s all we’ve got for new. Thank you, and laissez les bons temps rouler!

1 Like

(Project Manager) Good evening everyone!

For the first time in two weeks, the dev diary doesn’t fall on a holiday! In which case, happy Monday to you all!

We’ve been making some stellar progress lately, mostly thanks to the skilled efforts of our lead dev MODOK. For instance, he recently coded a whole “random encounter” style invent involving an impromptu fast food run (would you expect anything else?), as well as a proper end credits sequence to the game. Don’t worry, Patrons, you’re in there too.

Expect another dev diary later this week; this one will be about how we (mainly MODOK, but it sounds better with ‘we’) translated something as complex and ephemeral as emotions and personality into data for the characters.

That’s all for now. See you all next week!

3 Likes

Some of you are hesitant to join, and I get that. It’s a daunting task and all, so the project manager and I discussed things and have decided to allow collaboration on characters. Meaning teams of 2+ can work on one character. I originally didn’t want this because of potential consistency issues with personality, story, etc., but the project needs help and no one person can be expected to do it all.

With that all said, we invite you to join for ANY character (yes, even the “dead” ones) if you are interested because now you will be paired with at least one other writer.

We hope this inspires some of you to step forth and join the team! Sorry it took us this long to see that a full collaboration effort was needed, but hey, we got there in the end!

With much love and appreciation, +Side Studios.

5 Likes

Early announcement! Boy, aren’t we consistent?

Look, as many of you know, we at +Side Studios re-evaluated the way we were running the project LITWTMH, and noticed that the work load is just too massive for any one man. It is a tall order, and we knew this from the start. We did help out where we could with writing (mainly I did what I could to pitch in where I could), but for the most part each character had one assigned writer. The project manager and I discussed things and decided to allow collaboration efforts to be part of the project, so now 2+ writers can work on one character to help get the project done in a timely and un-daunting manner. What this means for everyone is that you no longer have to fear taking on an ungodly amount of work; you can pair up with others (or if you want to work alone, we’ll allow it. Doesn’t bother us!).

With that all said, we have opened up all characters again, so if you have your eye on anyone in particular, reach out to us and we’ll get you set up!

Another thing, coming from me personally (MODOK), I want to apologize to everyone for the lack of content, the lack of updates, and the lack of community. So, I am purchasing a commission piece out of my own money to give to you all. I hope you forgive me and see that we are serious about the project and will have it finished. We are not abandoning.

Thank you all for your support.

8 Likes

(Project Manager) We hope that the hot art MODOK got was enough to fill the progress report-shaped hole in your heart for a day.

It’s been a little bumpy getting back on course by effectively doubling the size of all teams, and we’re going with all hands on deck for a bit—even MODOK and I have thrown our hats back into the ring. But things are starting to run smoothly, and we’re getting back on track producing all the gains games you know and love.

And because we didn’t make our team management jobs enough, we’re still recruiting! As always, see #project-help-channel (Discord) and let me or MODOK know if you’re interested in joining the team. You (yes, you!) can earn a cut of the patreon dough. People who can code Twine get paid extra.

That’s really all we have for now. See you next week!

6 Likes

(Project Manager, who posted at exactly 12:00am) It’s still Monday for me, damnit!

I guess this is a week where no news is good news, it seems. Work on the next beta is progressing nicely, MODOK and I are both continuing to work on writing for Abby, the rest of the writers and coders are doing just fine, Dreknar’s (GentleGolem’s) art is continuing to slay as always, and things are going well.

If you’re interested in helping things go well, check out project-help-channel and join up!

That’s all we have, see you next week!

5 Likes

There will be an update later, but for now, check out the description :wink:

(Project Manager)
HI diddly ho, everyone!

In the venerable words of the BBC in 1930, “Today, there is no news.” Things are running smoothly with the team, but if you’re interested in helping join, there’s always project-help-channel.

See you next week!

2 Likes

Wow what a surprise :star_struck: it looks great.

1 Like

(What Zit Tooya - Project Manager) A day late, but thankfully not a dollar short.

Work on the game is still progressing nicely. We’re in a pretty good flow right about now, the new writing team structure is bearing fruit, and we’re possibly looking at a higher art output in the near future too (you go, Golem!).

If you’re interested in joining the team, we’re always looking for more writers and coders, so hit us up in project-help-channel and let us know!

See you next week!

2 Likes

(PROJECT MANAGER) Hello one and all! It’s still Friday on the west coast, so I can still call this a Friday announcement.

Progress is going smoothly on all fronts—the new writers are adjusting well, MODOK and Ikenna are dutifully coding away, and Dreknar is continuing to produce wonderful art. The main focus for most of the writing and coding at the moment are Q&A sessions with the love interests, which give you the opportunity to not only get to know them better, but also develop the kind of person the player character is.

While we’re not at the point of giving a specific timeframe for the next beta update just yet, you can rest assured that it’s getting closer to becoming a reality. Of course, if you want to make that date sooner, go to project-help-channel and let us know you want to join the team!

That’s really all we have for this week! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

7 Likes

(Project Manager) Happy Friday, everyone!

Things have been going a little slowly lately, with MODOK taking a brief leave of absence for private reasons. The rest of us, however, remain hard at work, and things are going smoothly.

I am the bearer of bad news, however: Abigail currently has no writers. She has become critically endangered, and unless some of you step in, she may vanish from the beta. For only the price of a couple paragraphs of localization writing a day, you can help save this beautiful whale from extinction.

turns off "In the Arms of an Angel

All that aside, if you’re interested in writing for her (and I know some of you out there are suckers for an ex-athlete who gets injured and blimps up during her convalescence), ping me in project-help-channel!

That’s all we’ve got for now, see you next week!

8 Likes

hello all! It has been a while. Things haven’t slowed down for anyone, but with summer among me and my family, and with a recent raise at my job, I am hoping to slow down on hours at work and put back into the project. Of course I will be taking care of family first. My busy schedule has made it near impossible for me to code anything in, hence why you haven’t seen anything in #updates-to-game for a few months. The writers are still doing well, though we could use a few more (check #project-help-channel to see what positions are available), and the artwork floweth forth.

Thank you all for continuing to support us! Stay tuned!

6 Likes

We are looking for a dedicated coder for the project. If you have experience with Twine (Specifically Harlowe 3.0+) and have time to dedicate towards the project, please DM me in Discord! Information is at the top in the description. Don’t hesitate to apply! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello all! It’s been a while since we’ve done a report, but we are still alive!

Our project manager is out for a little while due to IRL obligations, so I will take over for the time being.

Well, it looks like Lola, Miranda, and Sam are getting the most amount of work done! I plan to code in more of their scenes throughout the week and will be a few steps closer to releasing a beta 2.0. Big things have been incorporated and improved upon in the game, such as the drive-thru scene, an intimate scene that happens when things aren’t going so well, and soon to be more choices in the first meeting! I am busy coding away the smaller details that will bring this game to life while the writers work on the big details for me to code in.

It’s been a long time coming, and still is, but know that we are putting in the effort. The game is now over 250K words and over 800 passages.

If you want to help complete the game faster, join the crew! We’d be more than happy to bring you onboard! There are many spots open (check project-help-channel DISCORD, the message is pinned), and we are more than willing to bring on duplicate positions (even if a character has a writer or 2, you can still inquire about joining the team!).

With all this said, thank you all for your continued support! God bless!

12 Likes

Hello again!

We have some very exciting news to share today: Beta 2.0 will be released June of 2023! :partying_face:

It has been a very long time coming, but as of right now we can say that sometime in June of 2023 we will be releasing Beta 2.0, which will include the following:

Full-working UI
Full-working main menu
Introduction scenes
Full day cycle
3 fully-working dates, including home date, movie date, and restaurant date, each with subplots and side stories within
Other smaller dates like lunch dates while at work will be in there, too
Reveal scene, which leads into chapter two, which is where the beta will end
3-4 dateable girls
Images for special moments within the game

Beta 2.0 will be released in June on Patreon for 30 days. After 30 days it will become public for all, both here on the forum and in the Discord.

Don’t let this deter you from joining the crew, though! There are to be 3 full chapters within the game by its final release, so there is still much to do! We encourage you to join our Discord and be a part of the community or to join the team. Thank you all for your support and encouragement over the past 2 years, and we look forward to the release of LITWTMH Beta 2.0. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Woo pretty crazy to think it’s already been two years congrats to you and the team. Looking forward to what comes next.

3 Likes

Hello one and all!

I have had my hours reduced at work so I will be having more time to work on the project and do other things in my life; woo-hoo!

As far as the project goes, we are doing well! Writing teams are getting docs done and coding will be picking back up as the writers finish docs.

Also, just letting you guys know to meet the deadline of next-year’s beta release you should join now as a writer. We will always be accepting new writers and members, but if you have a fancy for one of the ladies and want her to be in the demo with your work on showcase, then join within the next week! :slight_smile:

Hope to see you on the team!

11 Likes