Lysithea's Sweet Escapades

I am still unable to get past the first boss fight, he keeps using silence and I can’t get past him :confused:

In the cave you can find an item that prevents you from being silenced

Nevermind, I found it, I forgot to equip :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I thought I was immune! I was wondering, why is this guy trying to silence me? I’m apparently immune! Ah, so it was one of the equips(oh by the way, I have 2 failnaughts, I might have started with one?)? Which one? Does it say?

Whoops! Turns out the mimic miniboss drops one extra, corrected for the eventual next update!

Also in regards to silence, that’s the only treasure chest item you can’t miss… I even bring up the menu screen so you can equip it and Lysithea mentions you should It’s a way to make the boss easier cause he’ll blow turns on silence but I guess if you mash through text and don’t equip it, the boss is super annoying, oops.

I’m working toward some face sprite updates that’ll appear in the upcoming release. Other to dos include revamping the desert town entrance so it’s less of a slog for the player but still retains immersion. Definitely have ideas on how to rewrite it so it will be a much more player friendly experience!

1 Like

What? You can’t just update the game during the gain jam!? Haha Flowmax goes brrrr

Lysithea’s Sweet Escapades v.15
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14_e4V6mXXNxCGTTjvlCIujDWOT5hmLWw/view?usp=sharing
mega mirror- 402.83 MB file on MEGA

Changes for .15! This is mainly a mini quality of life update!

Compressed image and audio files so the download size is smaller and a little quicker to download!

Cleaned up the food event within the tent so you’re less likely to softlock yourself into the bad ending.

Structured the dungeon under the tent better so player avoidance of the chests are taken into
account and now both routes are applicable!

Boss 1: Now no longer retains poison as you enter each phase, allowing you to time to heal in preparation for each wave of mimic respawns. Slows the battle down a tad as you’ll need to reapply poison but makes it more safe for the player.

The introduction sequence for the town is a lot more streamlined and less player unfriendly!
The goal was to retain immersion but not at the cost of the player’s enjoyment.

Edgar, the guard captain, and Carol (the maid) now all have face sprites to express more emotion than their previous default sprites. [Lemme know I missed swapping one!]

Hilda’s face sprites are now indicative of her walking sprite. [Again,let me know I missed swapping one!]

There shouldn’t be any game breaking bugs or glitches in this update but if you see any, let me know!

10 Likes

Why shouldn’t you be able to update? The last jam had several games updating during it. They just couldn’t once it was voting time.

Whoa man, awesome work if you keep this up your game at least imo has everything to be at the top 3 games I’ve played here (“Some Bullshit” “unnamed rpg”), looking forward to future updates

3 Likes

Aww thank you! Truthfully it feels like such an honor to even have my project compared to such great games from here as if I’m unworthy or something.

Also in regards to Turbotowns above, I was attempting to be funny in regards to updating my own project when I was planning to make a game jam submission since normally that’d be seen as craziness. That being said, the gain jam submission that I initially had thought out has been deemed too ambitious for the competition’s deadline by myself and my fellow team members so we decided to pace ourselves and not burn ourselves out to insure that project succeeds and isn’t rushed. I don’t want to go too off topic and want this thread to be about LSE, so I’ll just have this short bit to explain why I won’t have a GJ submission.

4 Likes

Ah, alright. Glad you decided to take your time, rather than try to rush it for the jam!

1 Like

Hey all, I wanted some feed back on how people prefer updates. Is there a preference to smaller more quickly released updates? Or are more delayed but larger updates preferred? I’d imagine the latter would be better on account of less downloads but I wanted to get some opinions.

I’m leaning towards more heavy but slower released content oriented updates but you know, opinions!

Both have pros and cons, quicker smaller updates provide constant feedback for the consumer, we know it’s still being worked on, since it’s getting updates, but the updates are smaller, and could be blazed through in no time. While the larger updates, have more content and, like you said, less downloads(though that’s not THAT big of a deal), depending on how long it takes between updates, lengthy dry spells, could give the less patient of us concern.

2 Likes

Here’s what I suggest:
Give us smaller text updates like ‘here’s what I’m working on’
Then when you have a lot done, release the content.

5 Likes

I prefer bigger updates, like story arcs, where you have a sub-plot that kinda wraps itself up in the same update.

1 Like

THAT big, is exactly what I was talking about with the too long… That’d take months to release, AT LEAST!

Thanks for the input everyone! Text updates are definitely a good way to maintain communication during upload dry spells. I’m honestly someone that’s fairly blessed with a lot of free time right now, so I don’t really foresee months of dryspells. That being said, I’ll detail what I’ve been working on.

I’m trying to wrap up the whole Desert section of the game before releasing the next update. Truth be told, I’m a little tired of the desert scenery and have been interested to work on the next section of the game but I’m insuring the Desert subplot isn’t half-assed or rushed. Expect the next major area to be a lot less wastelandish. A change of scenery is much needed. :laughing:

Bad ends are typically common to the rpgmaker wg formula and I’d like to quickly address them here. My mentality surrounding them is I prefer to showcase fetish content in a way that doesn’t inconvenience the player and have it ingrained into the main story, similar to Nerds’ philosophy shown in Some Bullshit. I’ll implement in bad ends when I feel they’re applicable and they offer an neat what if scenario and not totally forced while doing so. So keep in mind that not every boss will have them, but I’ll attempt to frame it being easy to identify if a boss will have one or not. There’ll be an auto lose item added because I don’t really want anyone spending minutes trying to lose on purpose for an optional scene. The upcoming content patch is looking to have two battle related ones (besides the already existent tent one).

There will be a memory viewer room type thing available at some point or another in game development but it may not be available this upcoming update.

I haven’t implemented it on the dev-end yet but I aim to have a quest journal for the next update so players don’t miss out on side stuff.

I have some artists I’m collaborating with for this that are much more skilled than I am. Both map sprites and face sprites should feel a lot close to the original character designs which makes me really happy. The knock off look alikes bother me. I’m pretty excited for the art quality revamp!

I’m speculating around a week or so for the update to come out if all goes smoothly!

Also before I conclude there’s a bug in the current release that I’d like people to be aware of with the tent bad end. You can potentially softlock yourself if you sequence the eating a specific way. If you want to avoid it, just make sure you eat from the top left box first rather than any of the others.

7 Likes

I’ve found two bugs,

1. When exiting the party room it places you at the door where the dragon broke in.
  2. Entering the inn after checking Edgar’s tent replay’s the scene before the transition, sending you back to Edgar’s tent.
2 Likes

Thank you for reporting! Both bugs will be fixed for the following release!

It hasn’t been a week yet but I bring some updates. The quest log is fully implemented and will be available for the upcoming update. My artists are working to assist with asset creation and I’m not going to rush them so the initial week estimation may prove to be inaccurate. I’m fairly set up to where I’d like to be with on the dev end so I’ll attempt to get a scene replay system implemented for the next update (and hopefully it won’t just be a crystal room lol). I understand that I could release the game sooner but I feel like the gameplay experience as a whole will be a lot more enjoyable and pleasant with the art revamp rather than release it prevamp then randomly add it in later. (I’m not expecting month long dry spells but I’d like to release it in peak condition.)

Other miscellaneous stuff-

Luna’s going to be nerfed so it’ll be a go to high defense shred spell rather than the win all button. This is being addressed not only to make it less spammy but also future proof later spells not being rendered irrelevant.

Future Boss concepts will have Miasma in mind so every boss fight won’t always be haha stall with poison, and win. At the moment both bosses combat wise were structured to be gags at Lysithea being a fragile mage.

Combat as a whole will tend to be more RPG based rather than fetish elements but I have a ideas to make bridge that divide.

I was further considering implementing the tactical map grid combat system into the game so it moreso falls in line with fire emblem. Odds are that I’ll attempt to implement it for very schematic and important fights to make those key story line progression triggers stand out more than the traditional rpgmaker combat engine people are familiar with. As I know that will be new to many players and I don’t wish to alienate anyone, I will keep that in mind and introduce some kind of tutorial experience for it’s initial appearance so you won’t get assblasted into the bad end when you just wanted to progress the story.

6 Likes

Oh ho hooooo, I like the sound of THIS!