Manic Mimic

oh and for the record, we made this in 1 week not 2.

1 Like

Oh baby, this does scratch the Vampire Survivors itch real good.

Short, sweet and just the right amount of fats.

But enough about the goblins. This game is pretty great too.

I think the only problem I ran into was it started to lag once a bunch of enemies were one screen.

2 Likes

Solid but short. Does what it sets out to do well I think.

3 Likes

Loving the game so far,it’s a little laggy but i finished it with no problems and i hope it’s getting better with some updates to make it easier to get the coins,gem and the holy grails faster.

2 Likes

yeah you need to be killing enemies, the navigation system is what causes the issue, if you use the fat ability it fixes the problem till they can move again.

1 Like

the game is too easy in my opinion, but it is rough balanced, any updates would add more content and therefore rebalance the whole game.

As a tip enemies cannot hurt you when fat, lag is caused by the navigation system (and i didn’t have time to fix it), the loot collection is rough but works, and Speed Up and Damage Up are your friends.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info and i hope your game wins 1st place :smiley: :grin: :smile: :smiley:

2 Likes

also another bug I just found, and tip to help play.

The bosses don’t spawn if you are not killing enemies.

So the game expects super aggressive player behavior.

I will be making a non jam 1.1 version with the fix

1 Like

Once again you guys did an amazing game and sticking with the theme to the end ^^

It was a lot of fun and yet very simple to challenging Overall, and if I’m able to make a list (Somewhere XP) This would be on the top of it for Sure!

2 Likes

This might make me look stupid, but what does the ability on space bar do?

2 Likes

it’s makes the greedy heroes immobilize for a few seconds :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I makes the heros fat and disabled their damage boxes

1 Like

Man every now and again you just gotta do some of that horde mode Vampire Survivors scthuff. As said earlier, definitely hits that auto survival game niche nice. The variety in enemy types are awesome to see - though I feel like every design after the mages end up tossed to the side if you’re playing defensively and go hard into speed. But that was mostly my reaction to seeing the huge mage boss and trying to stay as far away as possible from that deadly threat. Had a few close calls then.

Later on I realized that specing early into Immobilize is probably the best move. Since it lets you clear out those groups of enemies more reliably than the chance of hitting them with stray goblins. Probably cost me a quicker kill against this game’s Death but overall I really enjoyed this title! You guys did a wonderful job with this game and I’m pretty sure I’ll give it another run in the near future.

2 Likes

you miss out on some content if you don’t play aggressively, I will make a post jam fix for that but the version for the jam needs a very aggressive/greedy playstyle

1 Like

Well this game is good, the flow is fast and not to easy, Upgrades come quick and they feel powerful and the art is wonder so this is in my Top five for this year gain jam.

3 Likes

i loved this wish there was more

1 Like

after playing the gain jam version, I have to say that the music is super nice. the lipo power is also super fun to use and is a nice change of pace from most auto battle abilities. where this game falls off however is that there is a bit of a lack other offensive abilities to chose from, with just the goblins and the tentacle attack.
overall it’s pretty good and very charming, but still needs some polish, bug fixes, and a bit more content.

1 Like

I feel that as well, but it was made in 1 week and not 2 weeks, if I did have 2 weeks there would be more attacks and the tendrils would have more then just damage up, sadly I don’t think the game will get any updates after 1.2

1 Like

The game is very fun in fact like a huge amount of pontential. Really hope thered be a higher weight level implemented. Still pretty fun though so yea dev did great!

3 Likes

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 50.0
Use of Theme: 50.0
Art: 9.0
Writing: 0.0
Music & Sound: 7.0
Mechanics: 7.15
Game Concept 7.05
Use of Fetish 7.3