Mermaid Aquarium

right now that i have managed to figure out how to play, and from other comments it looks like there was some banking on nostalgia, which i don’t have.

Game is good and simple, music is nice, it would have been very epic if the gems could stack up on the bottom and you could just hold click to collect then in one sweep.

There is a bug where if you click the upgrades (i think it’s the food one) before the mermaids show up you can drop food.

Sorry if you don’t understand me but I don’t speak English and there are words that I think translate well, I mean it reminds me of the insarniquariun deluxe game of September 1, 2004
what a beautiful memory

so are you eventually going to add the pets or assistants because the prego one might be funny

I blasted the siren so much but literally nothing happened. She just ate the few I had and I was done. I tried a few more times but it just never died.

I think shooting the siren only keeps her away from the mermaids; you use it to push her around, not damage her, and eventually she just leaves.

Wait, so where do I aim, then? Around her?

Okay, I finished it with ten mermaids. That was honestly fun and had ample challenge. Very nice.

I think there’s an actual damage mechanic for her, as you can upgrade the gun. Could be wrong, IDK.
IRL, I can click with my finger at a rate of just under 17 clicks per second and she never seems to stay around too long.

This might be my favorite gain jam entry ever! This is such a nostalgic and loving recreation of insaniquarium with all the right twists! If I could make any changes, it’d just be more stuff! More “types of mermaids” or other sea gals, more monster gals, 1 or 2 more levels, and maybe some kinda gallery or interactive tank, like insaniquarium has, that you can fuck around with the fattest mermaids in and the monster gal after you beat the game.

Incoherent rambling aside, great entry.

1 Like

A nostalgic throwback for me just as with many others! The strength of this little game for me is just how darn adorable the little mermaids are! Mechanically it’s hard to comment, I played every insane aquarium game in the olden days so I’m more than used to the mechanics. They’ve not aged badly but I would have maybe liked to see something new, not just visually. Well implemented with seemingly no bugs, I’m not sure how the game sizes up to the competition but you certainly did well! Best of luck!

1 Like

It is a Good quick game but the Ray gun Upgrade for the first level is WAY to high and the Siren needs needs to lower heath.

I loved this! I enjoy seeing all my mermaids with their enormous guts full junk food, and watching them all rush for food. I admit that I fattened up as many as I could just to feed them to the Siren and see what she looks like at max size

oh fuck yeah i love insaniquarium

Really liked this one! Hope you keep developing it after the jam to add more of the features of the original game!

4 Likes

I appreciate it! I do intend to come back to this and try and add more stuff and clean up a few things that I didn’t have time to get to before the deadline ^^
I do intend to share more of my projects here on this site in the future, this’ll certainly be one if more work gets put into this

5 Likes

Please do <3 I’d love that!

1 Like

This was so charming and fun! I loved every minute of it!

1 Like

Very good stuff here! Insaniquarium is an interesting game to take inspiration from, and I think you nailed it! Can’t wait to see what else you have planned for this if you decide to come back to it

2 Likes

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 500
Use of Theme: 500
Art: 78
Writing: 0
Music & Sound: 65
Mechanics: 75
Game Concept 73
Use of Fetish 76